• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP07: ‪That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!

I like Litten already. It still has an emotional story while not just being a rehash of Ash's other fire starters. I'm actually glad Ash didn't catch it yet, as it seems more in character for Litten to have to "warm up" to him.

As for the dub, I liked the piano track when Litten visited Stoutland in the abandoned church(?). Team Rocket's "relaxed" scene was pretty nice too--something about their performances reminded me of their old 4Kids voices.
I did not know they were PAL Edits, I thought they were suddenly changing the text for some reason. My bad
Does anyone know why they do this?
The same company (SDI Media) distributes the anime in all of Europe, so I'm guessing they paint over it so they can translate it into other languages.

The title is actually a riff on a Frank Sinatra song. At least they seem to be going back to the puns 4Kids used to do. Those were always very clever.

The title is actually a riff on a Frank Sinatra song. At least they seem to be going back to the puns 4Kids used to do. Those were always very clever.
I agree that 4Kids' puns were clever, however, I didn't find TPCi's puns clever and this episode's title is no exception- Litten isn't even a scamp, really, it's like the Japanese title said- it's a vagabond.

Ash is running down the street with bread on the way to school. I've seen enough anime to know where this is going. Is Litten his one true love?

Oh God Alolan Persian looks even worse in the anime. How friggin big is his head? it's bigger than his body. How does he walk?

That Litten destroyed the proof of his and Ash's love.

"You don't mess with a guy;s sandwich". Ash knows what's up. At ten.

Alolan Pokemon steal a lot of food. I'm glad my PC in Sun kept her wallet close, a random Litten would've nicked it.

That Litten is spoiled rotten. It shouldn't be taught to think it can take any food it wants.

Oh it's feeding a Stoutland? why are Pokemon never assholes just cuz they're assholes? always a good story behind it, rude. That would only give 20HP anyway, get yourself more than just one dude. ...and now it has a Sitrus berry, damn.

Rotom telling Ash the types is useful - Ash should never have an excuse to throw in a wrong Pokemon ever again. Probably will though...

If Litten wont come with you Ash, just have Pikachu Thunderbolt him in the face and then carry it knocked out, better than trying to force it surely. Plus wasn't the plan to catch it anyway? so much easier.

Lmao, Litten with the cat thing. Aren't you supposed to just spray potion on them, this is weird. Ash is getting healed too? pretty sure that in Kanto gen 1, they had human hospitals for that, Poke Centres weren't' allowed to treat humans or whatever. #continuity. At least like the UK it's free... although that doesn't make sense, since Hawaii is USA.

Both Ash and Kukui drool in their sleep. Gross.

Half asleep Ash is best Ash. Imagine him drunk.

I guess the Alolan Persian is the for no reason asshole. ...and nope, I cannot ever get used to or accept Alola Persian's design. Its the worst design ever. I hope Meowth wrecks it later.

Ash will probably catch Litten later because starter but if not, that was a pointless episode. ...also where was Lille's filler episode?! it was her turn!

Ash is running down the street with bread on the way to school. I've seen enough anime to know where this is going. Is Litten his one true love?

Oh God Alolan Persian looks even worse in the anime. How friggin big is his head? it's bigger than his body. How does he walk?

That Litten destroyed the proof of his and Ash's love.

"You don't mess with a guy;s sandwich". Ash knows what's up. At ten.

Alolan Pokemon steal a lot of food. I'm glad my PC in Sun kept her wallet close, a random Litten would've nicked it.

That Litten is spoiled rotten. It shouldn't be taught to think it can take any food it wants.

Oh it's feeding a Stoutland? why are Pokemon never assholes just cuz they're assholes? always a good story behind it, rude. That would only give 20HP anyway, get yourself more than just one dude. ...and now it has a Sitrus berry, damn.

Rotom telling Ash the types is useful - Ash should never have an excuse to throw in a wrong Pokemon ever again. Probably will though...

If Litten wont come with you Ash, just have Pikachu Thunderbolt him in the face and then carry it knocked out, better than trying to force it surely. Plus wasn't the plan to catch it anyway? so much easier.

Lmao, Litten with the cat thing. Aren't you supposed to just spray potion on them, this is weird. Ash is getting healed too? pretty sure that in Kanto gen 1, they had human hospitals for that, Poke Centres weren't' allowed to treat humans or whatever. #continuity. At least like the UK it's free... although that doesn't make sense, since Hawaii is USA.

Both Ash and Kukui drool in their sleep. Gross.

Half asleep Ash is best Ash. Imagine him drunk.

I guess the Alolan Persian is the for no reason asshole. ...and nope, I cannot ever get used to or accept Alola Persian's design. Its the worst design ever. I hope Meowth wrecks it later.

Ash will probably catch Litten later because starter but if not, that was a pointless episode. ...also where was Lille's filler episode?! it was her turn!

I think it's popped up on Youtube now.

A really nice, emotional episode. Probably, more mature than what we tend to see in the anime generally.

So, Ash is heading out to school when a Litten shows up. And Ash remembers meeting this Litten before. He takes out his lunch, and proceeds to share, but Litten steals the bigger part and runs away. Well, that's one mean cat!

But one mean cat ain't enough for this episode, for we have Alolan Persian, who snatches the sandwich off Litten and causes it to accidentally burn it. Karma?

Team Rocket cheerfully chilling = Best episode ever! :love:

Turns out Litten is not mean after all. It just steals food so it can feed that old Stoutland and itself. All the bitter feelings I had towards Litten disintegrated after seeing that.

Then, Persian is mean just because.

Litten's dream was pretty emotional and concerning. Makes me wonder what will happen of it and Stoutland as the series progresses. :unsure:

LOL at Kiawe for believing that Ash is still trying to get back at Litten for trying to steal its sandwich. :p:D

It was quite nice seeing Ash attempting to form a bond with Litten. Hopefully, Litten begins to trust Ash soon.

I don't know what's the deal with Persian, but hopefully it's been defeated for good. I was honestly happy for Litten and Stoutland after Ash promised to bring food for them. More so, I was surprised to see the two having moved somewhere else.

Yes, it's a pretty likeable episode. I like episodes like these, which focus on the daily lives of Pokémon. I'll give this a 9/10.

I LOVE that episode title BTW. :love:(y)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom