• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP50: Getting to the Heart of it All!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
This week's episode where Ash and pals run into a Banette has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada. Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
Michele Knotz
Zeno Robinson
Rodger Parsons

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
Jason Griffith
Megan Hollingshead
Emily Jenness (Emily Bauer)
Barrett Leddy
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Lori Phillips (Lori Gardner)
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch)
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Last edited:
How much music was kept again.
3 this week!

Unova Pokemon League
Thrilling Excitement (two instances)

Also there's almost a whole minute of silence which really surprised me. However this silence does replace a japanese track (BW M45 battle) and interestingly the silence lasts the same amount of the time as the japanese track does which implies to me that they were going to keep it but maybe accidentally deleted the file (which is not the first time that has happened0

Last edited:
3 this week!

Unova Pokemon League

Also there's almost a whole minute of silence which really surprised me. However this silence does replace a japanese track (BW M45 battle) and interestingly the silence lasts the same amount of the time as the japanese track does which implies to me that they were going to keep it but maybe accidentally deleted the file (which is not the first time that has happened
What is Akhil Gopal even thinking? I know it's not Ed Goldfarb who does the actual replacement but just the re-scoring itself: good grief Akhil, make up your mind man. I should be happy, I know, since a breath of silence is something to appreciate given we never get it these days but this is genuinely weird (at the same time). It could be worse, though, I remember Movie 17's dub was the only wall-to-wall never-shutting-up film in the entire English dub of Pokémon (yes, even 4Kids' first 3 kept several silent moments throughout, believe it or not even if 1 & 3 didn't keep any OST- 2 kept 2 tracks & both were TR motto pieces, ironically enough).

Thank you for recording the amount kept, I'll go add it to the list (saves me time, the dub is a chore for me these days, but I'm glad some of you enjoy it regardless or even love it!). 3/16 (18.8%) kept here, since I always remove the eye-catches & next episode preview tracks as those aren't part of the actual episode.

Last edited:
3 this week!

Unova Pokemon League

Also there's almost a whole minute of silence which really surprised me. However this silence does replace a japanese track (BW M45 battle) and interestingly the silence lasts the same amount of the time as the japanese track does which implies to me that they were going to keep it but maybe accidentally deleted the file (which is not the first time that has happened0
Wow anymore examples of these accidentally deletions?

What is Akhil Gopal even thinking? I know it's not Ed Goldfarb who does the actual replacement but just the re-scoring itself: good grief Akhil, make up your mind man. I should be happy, I know, since a breath of silence is something to appreciate given we never get it these days but this is genuinely weird (at the same time). It could be worse, though, I remember Movie 17's dub was the only wall-to-wall never-shutting-up film in the entire English dub of Pokémon (yes, even 4Kids' first 3 kept several silent moments throughout, believe it or not even if 1 & 3 didn't keep any OST- 2 kept 2 tracks & both were TR motto pieces, ironically enough).

Thank you for recording the amount kept, I'll go add it to the list (saves me time, the dub is a chore for me these days, but I'm glad some of you enjoy it regardless or even love it!). 3/16 (18.8%) kept here, since I always remove the eye-catches & next episode preview tracks as those aren't part of the actual episode.
I'm sure the dubs music is ok by itself in abu blue but it just shouldn't be replacing the OST from the original.

I'm sure the dubs music is ok by itself in abu blue but it just shouldn't be replacing the OST from the original.
That's how I felt about the 4Kids/TAJ dub music for the first 10 years: after that, more or less, I didn't care for the dub music through the rest of the run (I'll concede Goldfarb's JN score is better than SM's on its own, worse than XY's though to me- still feels really bland/generic to me and the flute synth is occasionally annoying and misplaced by Gopal in battles). The real issue is indeed replacing the OST from the original in 2023, at a time most dubs keep it all intact (it's still to make royalties as Eric Stuart said, glad he just told us the truth on why it's done to this day).

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom