• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP51: Rocket Revengers!

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
Michele Knotz
James Carter Cathcart
Rodger Parsons

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
SungWon Cho
Megan Hollingshead
Melissa Hope (Melissa Schoenberg)
Ted Lewis
Mike Liscio
Daman Mills
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch)
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Mick Wingert

Yanmega remains undubbed, while Delibird and Arbok receive dubbed voices. Michele Knotz reprises Mime Jr. from her time voicing it temporarily during DP (alongside Cacnea and Dustox during the flashback), alongside Woobat. Bill Rogers reprises Seviper and Ludicolo, Mike Liscio returns as Inkay and Haven Paschall reprises Gourgeist.

Weezing, Frillish, Yamask and Carnivine have all received new voices.

Why the edit? The Korean dub is still based off the Japanese version, audio wise at least, since they keep using the supposed dub international footage... Is it a stereotype edit?

Why the edit? The Korean dub is still based off the Japanese version, audio wise at least, since they keep using the supposed dub international footage... Is it a stereotype edit?
I bet a stereotype edit: maybe OLM did it because TPCi or TPC Asia ordered them to do so, though? Maybe they pre-censored it for International release as a fear those of Spanish decent or Mexican/Latin America origin would take offense to it? These are ironically 4Kids-tier censorship/edits going on these days, but humorously, 4Kids themselves kept Brock's Maracas throughout the original English dub? LMAO.

Back in none other than 4Kids' dubbed Johto, 4Kids-TPCi dubbed AG/Hoenn & BF, and TPCi dubbed DP for reference (and I remember 4Kids even kept Takeshi's Paradise instrumentals from the Japanese Version in late Johto & the episode "Lights, Camerupt, Action" too)?

Amazing where we are today, amazing, just look...

(There's one example from Hoenn and Sinnoh respectively, too, just listed some)

Last edited:
The Rocket Revengers is such a good name, too bad they are only being used for one episode. They could’ve had an arc or a spin off with their antics. Missed potential.

The Rocket Revengers is such a good name, too bad they are only being used for one episode. They could’ve had an arc or a spin off with their antics. Missed potential.
I'd have liked it for the title of a gang or something, but an episode title? Yuck, personally, maybe it's just because of TPCi's TRio abusing it all throughout DP and XY dubbed especially but I'll never look at alliterations the same way again after that tbh (a bit traumatized, the puns I got used to eventually, this otoh not so much).

If this was a consicous removal then it's really hypocritical for them to do this when the games do cultural appropiation all the time (whether that's a good or bad thing is not the point) and when Ludicolo is in the same shot!

Maybe they added the maracas very late in the animation process and forgot to send the right copy to the other dubs?

If this was a consicous removal then it's really hypocritical for them to do this when the games do cultural appropiation all the time (whether that's a good or bad thing is not the point) and when Ludicolo is in the same shot!

Maybe they added the maracas very late in the animation process and forgot to send the right copy to the other dubs?
As trivia, things that the kings of visual censorship (I did like their dub more despite it- this is the only Series I genuinely really enjoyed what they put out, flawed as it still was) at 4Kids/4KMedia kept in the original Pokémon dub that TPCi has not kept in the current Pokémon dub in recent years in XY-JN, since TPCi brought back the 4Kids tier standards of visual edits/censorship from Seasons 19-present (25):

• Meowth drowning (Kept in the 4Kids dub of Indigo League)
  • Souls leaving bodies (Kept in the 4Kids dub of Indigo League)
  • Brock's maracas (Kept in the 4Kids dub of Johto in Master Quest & Advanced Generation/Adv. Challenge)
  • Ash's face and cap freezing (Kept in the 4Kids dub of Advanced Generation- Adv. Battle)
  • Wine glasses (Kept in the 4Kids dub of Advanced Generation/Adv. Challenge, the worst thing they did was just removing the stalk underneath sometimes-- but they never turned them into orange juice glasses like TPCi's dub did in Sun & Moon)

It's interesting.

Last edited:
I bet a stereotype edit: maybe OLM did it because TPCi or TPC Asia ordered them to do so, though? Maybe they pre-censored it for International release as a fear those of Spanish decent or Mexican/Latin America origin would take offense to it? These are ironically 4Kids-tier censorship/edits going on these days, but humorously, 4Kids themselves kept Brock's Maracas throughout the original English dub? LMAO.

Back in none other than 4Kids' dubbed Johto, 4Kids-TPCi dubbed AG/Hoenn & BF, and TPCi dubbed DP for reference (and I remember 4Kids even kept Takeshi's Paradise instrumentals from the Japanese Version in late Johto & the episode "Lights, Camerupt, Action" too)?

Amazing where we are today, amazing, just look...

(There's one example from Hoenn and Sinnoh respectively, too, just listed some)
this would've come from OLM themselves, had TPCi ordered it it would've only appeared in the english dub (and other dubs based on it) but since this edit also appears in the Korean dub this is definitely an OLM decision though the question is why: maybe they were TOO paranoid people might find it offensive? It's odd but TPCi is not at fault here.

They didn’t even have a person go into the booth to do a cheap “Charrbok” voice. They literally had some random growl.

They’re literally not even trying. People seriously like and justify this garbage?

Those were exactly my thoughts too!! Whoever voiced Arbok didn’t even try. Especially since they claim they like to keep things “consistent” when it comes to the voice acting and VAs.

I never released how many of Team Rocket’s Pokemon ended up getting new VAs in this episodes. It looks like only their Pokemon from Hoenn (TPCi era), Woobat, Kalos, and Mimikyu, kept their original VAs. It sounds like Mareanie got a VA too.

As for Carnive, that was definitely Marc Thompson voicing it!! I heard hints of his Noivern/Krocorok/Gliscor voice.

Those were exactly my thoughts too!! Whoever voiced Arbok didn’t even try. Especially since they claim they like to keep things “consistent” when it comes to the voice acting and VAs.

I never released how many of Team Rocket’s Pokemon ended up getting new VAs in this episodes. It sounds like Mareanie got a VA too.

As for Carnive, that was definitely Marc Thompson voicing it!! I heard hints of his Noivern/Krocorok/Gliscor voice.
well tbf it's a very brief moment, it is odd though but not the end of the world.

So... this episode kept Battle Spot for the first time EVER! What is the MPM dub? We've gotten a bunch of wild cards in just these final episodes, i'm not complaining but it's really funny and surprising!

I never released how many of Team Rocket’s Pokemon ended up getting new VAs in this episodes. It looks like only their Pokemon from Hoenn (TPCi era), Woobat, Kalos, and Mimikyu, kept their original VAs. It sounds like Mareanie got a VA too.

Seviper, Cacnea, and Dustox did not keep their original VA’s. They were originally dubbed by 4Kids.

Lickitung and Weezing sounded terrible too.

Praise Victreebel for the scream did survive.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom