• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP51: Rocket Revengers!

well tbf it's a very brief moment, it is odd though but not the end of the world.
Umm, it’s a pretty big deal. Just shows the level of pride they have in their product. Which we’ve known was -285855858585 for years. Stack ‘em high, sell it cheap.
Seriously, how much music kept?
They kept one track. the Staryu/Psyduck vs gen 5 Pokémon. I think it’s from XY. That’s it.

Nothing from the OS.

Umm, it’s a pretty big deal. Just shows the level of pride they have in their product. Which we’ve known was -285855858585 for years.

They kept one track. the Staryu/Psyduck vs gen 5 Pokémon. I think it’s from XY. That’s it.

Nothing from the OS.
that's incorrect

5 tracks were kept

Team Rocket's Team Song ~off vocal~
Team Rocket is on the Scene! (XY Motto theme)
Team Rocket's Motto (Journeys)
Battle! Trainer (XY)
Battle Spot

that's incorrect

5 tracks were kept

Team Rocket's Team Song ~off vocal~
Team Rocket is on the Scene! (XY Motto theme)
Team Rocket's Motto (Journeys)
Battle! Trainer (XY)
Battle Spot
None of which are recognizable or important.

They dumped the GSC music from Johto Route 29 that played at the beginning when Delibrid flew over. That music played at the beginning of a ton of Johto episodes.

They dumped the GSC music that played at the beginning when Delibrid flew over. That music played at the beginning of a ton of Johto episodes.
I'd say all of these are recognisable tracks, albeit later ones from XY and Journeys.

Seviper, Cacnea, and Dustox did not keep their original VA’s. They were originally dubbed by 4Kids.

Lickitung and Weezing sounded terrible too.

Praise Victreebel for the scream did survive.

I stand corrected. Also I see Melissa Hope on the credits, so Mareanie is still voiced by her.

So basically only Victreebel, Yanmega, Woobat, and the Kalos & Alola Pokemon retained their original VAs throughout the entire run.

I stand corrected. Also I see Melissa Hope on the credits, so Mareanie is still voiced by her.

So basically only Victreebel, Yanmega, Woobat, and the Kalos & Alola Pokemon retained their original VAs throughout the entire run.
I thought victorebell was given that horrible dub voice ein the breathing center secret EP...

this would've come from OLM themselves, had TPCi ordered it it would've only appeared in the english dub (and other dubs based on it) but since this edit also appears in the Korean dub this is definitely an OLM decision though the question is why: maybe they were TOO paranoid people might find it offensive? It's odd but TPCi is not at fault here.
Whoever is at fault, TPC Asia or Korea or OLM, per se it's laughable that they won't let this go in the dub when 4Kids did throughout their run & TPCi would prior through DP, to clarify. It's 2023, really, no one is going to be offended by Takeshi's maracas (Brock) if we weren't prior in English to clarify.

I thought victorebell was given that horrible dub voice ein the breathing center secret EP...
He was, but then they corrected it back (Eric Stuart's Weepingbell is good, his Victreebel not so much) and gave it its two Japanese voices for the rest of the English tenure under 4Kids.

Anyway thanks to @PokeFanForever1 (saving me from having to sit through it all), going to go update the list. So it's 5/20 on this one (25%), the ceiling so far in the MPM dub is 6 and the floor is 1 (have been 3 eps at the 1-2/xx range so far, IIRC).

They dumped the GSC music from Johto Route 29 that played at the beginning when Delibrid flew over. That music played at the beginning of a ton of Johto episodes.
Sortie was kept in the dub of M05 (4Kids Era), that indeed was kept too at the start of a lot of Johto dub episodes from Seasons 3-5 (again, 4Kids), and I do recall another theme that was kept in the Kanto dub of S01 as well-- a shame a lot of the non-XY & JN stuff got canned in this one, it IS music we heard in the original English dub of Pokémon believe it or not.

Last edited:
Whoever is at fault, TPC Asia or Korea or OLM, per se it's laughable that they won't let this go in the dub when 4Kids did throughout their run & TPCi would prior through DP, to clarify. It's 2023, really, no one is going to be offended by Takeshi's maracas (Brock) if we weren't prior in English to clarify.

He was, but then they corrected it back (Eric Stuart's Weepingbell is good, his Victreebel not so much) and gave it its two Japanese voices for the rest of the English tenure under 4Kids.

Anyway thanks to @PokeFanForever1 (saving me from having to sit through it all), going to go update the list. So it's 5/20 on this one (25%), the ceiling so far in the MPM dub is 6 and the floor is 1 (have been 3 eps at the 1-2/xx range so far, IIRC).

Sortie was kept in the dub of M05 (4Kids Era), that indeed was kept too at the start of a lot of Johto dub episodes from Seasons 3-5 (again, 4Kids), and I do recall another theme that was kept in the Kanto dub of S01 as well-- a shame a lot of the non-XY & JN stuff got canned in this one, it IS music we heard in the original English dub of Pokémon believe it or not.
musically MPM has been a wild ride, like we've had a bunch of wild cards I did not expect to be kept like Unova Pokemon League which has been kept not just once but THREE times during MPM, which is crazy since that theme hasn't been kept since Season 14 (outside of the movies), in the Squirtle episode they kept Battle Maison which had never been kept in full before (only the intro in 2 episodes, and a very short version in 1 episode) and in that same episode they also kept Hall of Fame which had been replaced in previous Journeys' episodes, in the Lapras episode they kept Hoenn Victory Road which had only ever been kept twice before and only short instances, this was the first time a longer version of it has been kept and now in this episode they decided to keep Battle Spot from the XY series which has never been kept before. I'm not complaining but it's genuinely wild!

Wow. It seems like they are throwing darts to see what BGM to keep lol.
I feel like it's been that way basically since mid XY, Gopal and Li's handling of it is baffling since there doesn't tend to be any rhyme or reason as to what is kept or replaced since S18-ish (Goldfarb is just the dub music composer, I thought he was most insufferable in SM of all his work personally, IDK if you've heard the "Batman" theme from there in English but people mocked it all the time on Twitter).

I feel like it's been that way basically since mid XY, Gopal and Li's handling of it is baffling since there doesn't tend to be any rhyme or reason as to what is kept or replaced since S18-ish (Goldfarb is just the dub music composer, I thought he was most insufferable in SM of all his work personally, IDK if you've heard the "Batman" theme from there in English but people mocked it all the time on Twitter).
What does Li have to do with what's kept or not? I don't think he decides either.

So it's been a few days. Are we any closer to finding out why the maracas were removed?
Not really. I'm suspecting a stereotype based edit pre-censored by OLM but possibly ordered by either TPC Asia or TPCi, so far.

Laughable this is censored in 2023, regardless of who is responsible, 4Kids of all people let it go in 2003-2006 & TPCi did in 2011: whose idea was this one? Insanity, IMO.

What does Li have to do with what's kept or not? I don't think he decides either.
Interesting: just a hunch based on the credits he might work with Gopal? If he works with Goldfarb only to compose music itself, then my bad, the fault of whoever replaces the OST itself lies solely with Akhil if true.

Last edited:
A stereotype of WHAT? It's a musical instrument! That's like saying a piano or a violin is a stereotype! People keep saying that but it doesn't make any sense.
They're being overly sensitive to clarify IMO, I think whoever did this was under the foolish assumption that Mexican Americans & those of Hispanic descent would be offended by this (ironically, they would laugh at it like everyone else, believe it or not- how could ANYONE perceive Brock's maracas as anything but a running gag inside joke, I don't know?!).

Yeah but that seems to be the only conclusion people are reaching and I sincerely doubt that anybody in Korea is going to be concerned with that, especially to that extreme degree

Yeah but that seems to be the only conclusion people are reaching and I sincerely doubt that anybody in Korea is going to be concerned with that, especially to that extreme degree
Same, it's one of the most bizarre visual and/or vocal edits in the dub's entire History, even for it (we've gone from jelly donuts to rolling sandwiches to apples are berries to kanji removal in general with a handful of exceptions, to now this and Ash can't freeze anymore, truly incredible).

That was horrid, and the silly theme (the light one that goes "do do do do do DO" repeatedly) they used for a lot of tense scenes was even worse!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom