• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Scrafty vs. Pangoro

Voltaire Magneton

You're My Twenty-Four~
Reaction score
Here are two Pokemon: Scrafty and Pangoro.

They are both Dark/Fighting types.

They have their own dark-themed entries.
Scrafty is a hoodlum-like Pokemon. With dirty tactics. } Both Pokemon tend to have
Pangoro is a bad-looking Pokemon. Its evolution even requires one! } Combat Pragmatist battle styles.

Which looks cooler?

Which is stronger?

Which has more "badassery"?

Which is more powerful?

Combat Pragmatist: Will do anything to win.

I prefer Scrafty, the first Dark/Fighting-type. Its unconventional design is the best part, with its relaxed eyes, loose skin and the crown. For a reptile, it doesn't look conventionally reptile except for the tail. It even has teeth that least resemble a reptile (for you info, lizards have either pointy teeth or none)!

It appears to be more suited for battle as well, with a good choice of abilities compared to Pangoro. Sure, Pangoro has great abilities (Iron Fist, Mould Breaker and Scrappy), but in the context of its type and the moves it learns, it's mostly redundant (Iron Fist is the best) since Ghost-types are most affected by its Dark STAB for Scrappy, and Mould Breaker doesn't quite hit through the relevant abilities since Fighting and Ground are not necessary together (Levitate), though penetrating through Unaware is decent if you are referring to Quagsire (Clefable beats Pangoro thanks to its double weakness to Fairy). Scrafty has Shed Skin to rid of status (helps with setting up), Moxie to complement Dragon Dance and Intimidate to be useful in Doubles.

Thanks for reading.

I've always disliked Scrafty, and Pangoro impressed me when I first saw it and it was great during my playthrough. So Pangoro for sure.

Which looks cooler:
Pangoro no contest. It has one of the most awesome looks of all pokemons while Scrafty is just meh.

Which is stronger:
Pangoro looks like it has more brute strenght and I think it has a higher Atk stat than Scrafty(not sure though).

Which has more badassery:
Pangoro. The only more badass pokemon is Palpitoad.

Which is more powerful:
Pangoro if Scrafty does not get Moxie boost.

Pangoro for me. Pancham is adorable and Pangoro is a badass. I can't say who's more powerful since I've get to use either in game, but I do know that Pangoro does have a larger stat total if that means anything.

Scraggy and Scrafty are both ugly and I have never liked either of them. So yeah, Pangoro all the way.

Who looks cooler:
Pangoro looks more menacing but Scrafty is more ghetto. Pangoro wins in the looks department.

Who is stronger:
Would have to say Scrafty. Pangoro has higher attack but is slow and frail while Scrafty is just slow and can buff its mediocre attack easily thanks to its high defenses. Plus Scrafty has more and better moves, high jump kick anyone?

Who is more badass:
Pangoro's got balls for sure since it doesn't give a damn about the damage it takes and it has a fur cape but Scrafty can kick through concrete and deflects attacks with its pants. My vote goes to Scrafty.

Who is more powerful:
Pangoro beats Scrafty in attack and hp but loses pretty much everywhere else. Most of Pangoro's abilities are wasted in someway (It's a real shame it can't learn mach punch or the elemental-punches) while Scrafty's are all useful for certain setups. And as stated Scrafty has more moves making it more unpredictable. Probably go with Scrafty again

Scrafty. He looks more cool to me and he can play offensively and defensively. I only used Pangoro for an HM slave. I really adore Pancham, though. I have a shiny Pancham around level 60.

I'm going to try and approach this from an objective standpoint, considering Scrafty is my #1 favorite Pokemon of all time. So here goes...

Which looks cooler?
While Pangoro does look cool, I really have to give the win to Scrafty here. Scrafty's design is really neat and clever, considering the Hoodlum theme they were going for. You've got the baggy pants (his shed skin) and the Mohawk (many species of lizard sport some type of head crest), which both are just genius in my opinion. So, in terms of looks, Scrafty wins for originality, cool factor, and overall creativity. Mohawk lizard ftw. xD

Which is stronger?
This one is harder to answer. Comparing their stats, Pangoro definitely has the advantage in terms of offense, with a higher attack stat and Iron Fist as its ability. However, what Scrafty lacks in offense, it more than makes up for with strong defenses and a speed stat equal with Pangoro's. Plus, Scrafty has access to Dragon Dance, which can help boost its attack and speed to both outrun and outdamage Pangoro if set up properly.

The biggest thing though is Moxie. This ability is what makes Scrafty a very scary pokemon when allowed to set up. Once Scrafty gets set up with Dragon Dance and an attack boost from Moxie, there's very little that can be done to stop it aside from a Fairy type pokemon.

While Pangoro is more powerful offensively, Scrafty has better staying power, and its abilities and attacks allow it to boost its stats to become better than Pangoro and dominate lesser opponents in the long run. It's a tough call, but again, I'm going to have to go with Scrafty.

Which has more "badassery"?
As much as I would love to say Scrafty, I actually have to admit Pangoro wins in the badass category. I said before that I like Scrafty's design more, but it's not "badass" in my eyes. Pangoro is big, intimidating, and has two empty black holes where there should be eyes. xD

Scrafty looks more like a sly rogue type of pokemon. Pangoro has a look that says "Mess with me and you're dead." Winner is Pangoro.

Which is more powerful?
Wait, isn't this the same as the second question?

I already said why I think Scrafty is better overall, so just to briefly recap: better defenses, better staying power, and better utility. Scrafty has quite a few tricks up its sleeve that allow it to handle most any kind of threat that comes its way. While Pangoro is better in terms of pure offense, its definitely a one-trick pony. Offense is all it's really good at, as its frail defenses ensure it won't be able to take hits effectively. Scrafty has better defense, can passively buff its offense with Moxie, and has a much broader movepool to make use of. Again, the winner is Scrafty.

While I like Pangoro as much as the next guy, Scrafty is just plain better in my honest opinion. Better design, better moves, better... everything. The winner is Scrafty! :p

I would choose Pangoro. It was one of the first XY Pokemon that I saw spoilers of, and I was really impressed with the panda design (Beartic could have been so much cooler looking...). I've never been a fan of Scrafty, and usually just catch or evolve one to fill the Pokedex.

Pangoro, because I've been waiting for ages for a panda Pokémon, and it didn't disappoint. It's a total badass, but its pre-evo is freaking adorable o.o

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom