• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course it is. But I get paid in fancy dinners." Daphne was grinning. "Which by the way you're invited to. If you're interested that is."

"Interesting." Xavier thought out loud. "Makes sense the level of panic that the squid caused. These people aren't used to such things."

"Here I am," Nico said, smiling brightly. "Nice to see you came, sis." After listening to Alejandra, completely blind to her staring, he simply sighed. "We talking monsters?"

"People probably made the silly assumption that the barrier would never get weaker, or would never be broken." Freya commented.

"You mean, a nice dinner and I get to see you again?" He said with a chuckle. "That warrants anyone's attention. I'll definitely be there."

--

"Why are we talking monsters?" Alicia asked. "Couldn't we be normal?"

"Definitely. People always take what's in front of them for granted..." Xavier remarked.

"Good. I'll text you the details later. I gotta run, these monsters won't slay themselves." Daphne told him before hanging up. After getting changed, Daphne vanished from her apartment, appearing in Lorenzo's living room. "No glass of champagne sitting here for me? You're slipping Lorenzo dear." She said playfully.

"Sorry," Alejandra said, looking down at her glass of water. She couldn' treally blame them if they didn't want to do it after all. "I know it's really jarring getting called by some girl you didn't even know to go, possibly deal with monsters," she grabbed her camera before she stood up. "So if you don't want to go then I won't blame you."

"Yeah that's basically what happened," Lorenzo nodded his head in agreement. "Any-" He was interrupted by Daphne warping into the room, causin ghim to move back a bit. "Well, in my defense...okay yeah I have no defense," he stated before smiling at her and turning to Freya and Xavier. "Guys, this is Daphne. Daph, these are Freya and Xavier."

Daphne smiled. "Charmed."

Xavier frowned at her arrival. "You nearly froze me solid." He remarked.

Daphne nodded. "I did. Someone needed to take out that beast. And hey, I wasn't the one who shocked you with electricity."

Xavier smirked. "Point taken. The ice is far less painful. And the crushing of the corpse bit... Saved me worrying about disposal." He smiled.

"Ice had many uses, like chilling my drink." Daphne dropped the most subtle of hints. Xavier rolled his eyes.

"I was just talking to them about what I had researched on the barrier and how the sudden influx of Creatures could be due to it growing weaker," Lorenzo explained as he walked back with a glass and a bottle of wine. "What I was going to say is that I was thinking that we could go out and investigate the part of the barrier that can be accessed from the forest," he added a she used the corkscrew to open up the bottle for her.

"What the hell are you waiting for, then? Let's get a move-on. Wasting daylight otherwise." Rui acquiesced with a slightly exasperated tone, running a hand through her statically charged fringe. "I'll just meet you guys at the barrier, I guess."

"Sorry I took so long guys," Crimson said with his face splash with water.
He batted his eyes to Nix, and to the now present Alicia and Nico, who was just wearing swim trunks. He really didn't have the right to raise eyebrows, he was technically wearing military gear.
"Did I missed anything important while I was in the restroom?" He asked. "I can pretty much guess either way."

"Then I didn't wear the right clothes." Daphne seemed annoyed by this. After a long sip from her wine glass, she seemed calmer. "But I suppose I can just pop back home quick and grab some boots." She eventually told herself.

Xavier rolled his eyes again. He couldn't help but wonder why Lorenzo thought bringing this girl along would be helpful. She seemed like a spoiled brat to him.

"Well, I figured with your abilities you'll be able to solve that issue," Lorenzo pointed out towards Daphne. "But yeah, I called you here because I figured we'd need a strong PSI user if we encountered more than one creature."

"Right," Alejandra nodded her head as she walked towards the door. "All right everyone. Move out!" she called out, only to start giggling a bit to herself. "I always wanted to say that."

The group went into the woods not too long after that. Even in the summer the woods had a certain cold breeze that blew threw them, enough to keep anyone from being overwhelmed if they were to trek through them.

Alejandra walked in the lead, keeping her camera with her along with her phone. "All right, we shouldn't be too far from the edge of the barrier, though we haven't found anything yet."

"Sure took your time, princess," Rui muttered, standing not too far from them. "Got about another mile or so before you can see it. Try not to trip over the roots."

Her eyes were closed, signalling that she was using her electroreception to navigate. The natural control of her own bioelectricity didn't hurt to have either.

Crimson picked up his bag and his photo before they left. He was honestly surprise that Nix didn't destroy anything of his. When they arrived at the location, he walked ahead of everyone except Rui, who was still a bit further ahead then the rest.
"See anything, Rui?" He asked. "If only we could get a more aerial view on the barrier outside."

Alicia didn't want to be here, but if an aerial view was what they needed, she supposed she could do something for that. "Uh, just wait here then."

She drew her blade and planted it in the ground. The steel began to glow before her eyes glowed with it. Then, they closed. "I'm projecting. Hurry up and tell me what to look for so we can get out of here," what those adept in sensing energy would see is an energy-version of Alicia floating in the sky.

One of the tricks she got from having that blade.

Freya felt on edge when she saw Daphne around. It wasn't anything against Daphne personally. Freya was just an introvert through and through.

"Wait, what?" Crimson asked confused to Alicia. "Just see if there is any creatures ahead, better to know ahead of time then be surprised like the last two times."
Crimson was more interested in the sword Alicia owned. It's like the sword had its own skill instead of the person himself.
"This town is getting more and more confusing." Crimson thought.

"Makes sense I suppose." Daphne shrugged. "Give me thirty seconds to pop home and change into something for the forest and then we can go." After finishing her wine, she vanished. Along with the rest of the bottle.

"You sure she can be trusted with such a task?" Xavier asked quietly once she was gone. "Even if she is strong... strength isn't everything."

Freya looked at Daphne nervously. She looked like someone who would toss someone in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom