• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I sure can." Daphne said as she made the water even colder. She could see it starting to freeze solid. She didn't bother dodging the blast, instead simply shielding herself with a psychokinetic shield.

Xavier could feel the electricity coursing through his veins and the icy cold gripping him. He made his armor vanished and replaced it with a red and gold thin metal set, helping to deal with the ice and the electric attacks. In his hands he held two short swords and he dove towards the beast's mouth and attempted to drive both blades home with vicious stabs.

Manipulating the iron sand blade in her hand, she blasted the energy away with the torrent of razor-sharp iron sand particles, kicking up a cloud of dust. Gritting her teeth, she fired a spear of lighting at the monster, this time careful not to hit Xavier.

Crimson got up from his headache. He still couldn't use his blood manipulation skill without causing himself pain. Unable to help in the fight against the creature, he looked around for people who are still around on the beach. Then he saw her, Lexa. Right there, filming the fight.
"Are you freaking kidding me!? Are you serious!?"
Crimson was about to run over to her until his head pain came up again.
"Ugh," he groaned. He then look back up, his vision began to blur as he looked at Lexa, but it wasn't Lexa to him. To him it was; "Lu......na?" He asked himself, before his vision corrected itself from his hallucination.
Crimson ran over to Lexa as fast as he could, he didn't want anyone to die. Not like this.
"LEXA!!" He yelled. "Are you freaking crazy!? Do you have a death wish or something? Cause you clearly seem so!"

Lorenzo stared at the fight in amazement, even though the monster had attacked so suddenly everyone was making quick work of it, he was particularly surprised by Daphne since he hadn't actually seen what she could do as a Skill User. "Here I'd thought sedentary life would rust you up."

The monster roared in pain once more as the blades and lightning pierced it and began to fall towards the water, though not before it went for wrapping one of its tentacles around Xavier to drag it along with it.

Alejandra turned towards Crimson, still filming. "I'm fine, you guys pretty much killed that thing anyway," she stated as she turned to the man. "Heck, you look worse for wear than me."

Xavier felt the tentacle wrap around him and could feel the pressure straining his armor. With one of his blades he stabbed downwards into the tentacle and he also attempted to drive his other blade through the beast's skull.

"Please, you've never seen me angry." Daphne noted as she balled her hand into a fist, which encased the monster in solid ice.

Rui grit her teeth as she realized that the monster was trying to take the man with it to the bottom of the ocean. In a last resort of sorts, she tried to magnetize his armor and pull him up with her remaining strength.

"I use my skill a little bit too much, I'm suffering the negatives. I told you this," he explained.
Crimson looked over and saw the skill users at work. Rui and two others he didn't know.
"It doesn't matter, I'm not taking any chances. Come on!" He said.

Nico just watched the fight in shock. He didn't have a Skill, and punching the monster with bare fists would be... incredibly stupid.

Xavier's stabs didn't really do much to stop the tentacle's grip, but it did soften it enough for Rui to be able to get him loose, though this sent him flying back to the beach. Thankfully it was just before the octopus was encased in Daphne's ice, its movements completely subdued.

Lorenzo stared at the frozen monster in amazement before looking at Daphne and grinning. "I'll take note to never do that then," he said as he turned back to it. "Is it me or were there more skill users than I thought there'd be" he glanced quickly at Rui and Xavier.

"I do what I want you know," Alejandra responded stubbornly as she looked back to the fight, which was now over. 'See, it's over anyway, and I got a good video too...quality could be better though."

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." Daphne thought out loud as she looked at the beast. Turning away, she brought the ice down onto the beast, crushing it into nothingness as she walked towards the beach, the ice melting away and leaving the water just the way it was before everything had gone down.

Xavier dequipped his armor as he landed, once again wearing just what was left of his black t-shirt and navy shorts. His weapons were gone as well as he looked out at the ocean. His shirt was tattered and burns could be seen on his exposed skin. He didn't seem too concerned about that fact though. He looked around and sighed. "I failed to save that one surfer." He muttered sadly.

"Goddamit," Crimson said as he walked over to the other skill users.
He felt his head, he still felt some pain. It was usually never like this before.
"Sorry I couldn't help as much guys," he started saying. "My life energy skill reached its limit faster than I expected."

"Skill users," Nico said. "Lucky ducks, huh? That was a wild show out there. Though...." he trailed off. The event was somewhat concerning.

Wiping the sweat gathering on her forehead, Rui let the iron sand particles seep back into the ground, before sighing silently and walking off. She didn't have time to be sticking around - not after a scene like that. She didn't even seem to care that the man didn't thank her. She just needed to get out of there....

Inconspicuously, of course.

"Not gonna say hello to the people that fought valiantly besides you?" Lorenzo asked calmly as he saw Daphne beginning to walk.

Alejandra looked at Crimson walk away, sighing as she pocketed her phone and began going down to the beach. "You guys were amazing," she said to them once she got to the beach, you especially," she said to Rui. "And that woman over there too!" she added as she glanced at Daphne then looked down at Xavier. "Are you going to be okay though?"

Daphne shook her head. "I came here to party and dance and drink. Not to deal with people asking me about my skill and to do parlor tricks." She noted, her voice tinged with disgust.

Xavier looked around. He wondered who had tried to shock him into oblivion and who had tried to turn him into a snow cone. Minor annoyances but he'd like to lecture them about being more careful about collateral damage. Such recklessness could have easily killed innocent civilians. He sighed, it seemed he wouldn't get to do such a thing. A tad unfortunate. He looked at Nico. "With such skills come a responsibility to use them well." Xavier mused. "Which sadly not many people seem to get."

"I'd kill for a skill, bro," Nico said with a hearty laugh. "Do some good with it, you know? Don't sell yourself too short." He glanced over at Lorenzo and frowned slightly. If he had a skill, maybe getting hit by that guy's car wouldn't have given him numerous bruises. He could have created a concrete wall. Or something. Ice, maybe? He didn't know specifics.

Xavier smiled. "I've learned that the most good comes from the least expected places." The young man said quietly. He looked a bit uncomfortable around all the people who had gathered to witness the aftermath of the battle. He sighed, equipping a new armor, a sleek black set that covered his wounds. "I just wish I hadn't nearly gotten fried and frozen to death down there. I'll admit that wasn't very fun."

Lorenzo noticed the tone of her voice but didn't comment on it, though he himself couldn't understand why she wouldn't want to show off her powers to others. It wasn't his place to judge her though. "All right, let's just get going. Wanna check out some of the clubs on the other side of town?" he suggested as he turned around and began walking. "No hitting pedestrians this time, god knows I'm gonna hear from dad about that one tomorrow," he glanced at Nico for a moment, just as he was glancing at him and quickly withdrew his stare.

Alejandra glanced at Xavier for a moment, pondering on what he said before she looked at Nico. "Shouldn't you get to the hospital though?" she said to the skill user. "Considering you almost got fried and frozen."

"Tch... To think I was trying to avoid this, too." Rui muttered to herself, running a hand through her statically-charged fringe. She proceeded to talk to herself. "Guess I'll have to catch the train tonight, eh?"

Xavier shook his head at this. "Just a few scrapes. Plus getting frozen helped treat the burns from the electricity." He noted dryly. "I wouldn't want to tie up medical resources that could be used better treating others."

Daphne shook her head. "You're not driving me ever again." She stated bluntly. "You so smoothly reminded me of why I like to teleport everywhere."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom