• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shadao's Pokémon Art Gallery

Shadao

Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Well, with the Blog section currently disabled, I have decided to post my recent Pokémon artwork here to bide the time. They were originally posted on my Tumblr account.

A Postcard from a Certain Someone

tumblr_ofc1vpJVM01vddhpco1_1280.jpg

Revisiting Your Roots...

tumblr_ofdu16Z8QH1vddhpco1_1280.jpg

“… …. … Never forget who you are. They may see you as a failure, and a tool for marketing. They may not care about you, molding you into any role they see fit. They may insult you and deny you recognitions that you rightfully deserved in your career. But they cannot take away your origin, your identity, no matter how hard they try.

“Always remember. You are Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town. You are Red, the Pokémon Trainer. You are the Boy from Masara Town, Satoshi … … …"

- Red

I hope to post more of my artwork here in the near future. Feedback is always welcome.

Last edited:
Ash (Satoshi) and Pikachu, Gen III style

tumblr_ofslt6whDw1vddhpco3_1280.jpg

With Red’s color scheme and hair style add to the mix (though the gloves still remain because they are iconic). It was quite a challenge to find where the shadings would hit and I still wish to make poses that are not based from anime image stills.

Even so, I do enjoy the final product and I do intend to make a version where the shirt is blue instead of red. Speaking of Red, I am still curious about that new Alola outfit they made for Red. Even now I don’t really like the design but then again, I had the same opinion with the Gen III redesign until Red (Adventures) starts wearing and made it look awesome (as well as Ash in his XY design).

Special Thanks to @FANG-TAN for the FRLG Satoshi Model design that inspired this artwork. Though this is not the first time I've made Ash in this outfit...

tumblr_oe2uw37l151vddhpco3_1280.jpg
tumblr_odzrf3csBZ1vddhpco1_1280.jpg

The second last illustration looks like the version of Ash I want to envisage for my alternate AG anime timeline I've written. (Sadly, in the blogs, still inaccessible.)

A little feature I discover on Procreate is that I can recolor the shirt and hat without a tedious do-over. Of course, it's not all that perfect and it seems to only work for this artwork.

tumblr_oor3qsqN3e1vddhpco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oor3qsqN3e1vddhpco3_1280.jpg

Now Satoshi has a blue jacket and a brighter red hat.

Additionally, I have finished a little project last week based on speculation. Here's the sketch dump of those ideas...

tumblr_oou8mlOdv51vddhpco1_1280.jpg

And here's the finished result:

Adult Sun and Moon Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Pikachu

tumblr_ooy3ylpNB11vddhpco1_1280.jpg

Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Pikachu

Young Adult Alolan design

Inspired by Trainer Red from Sun & Moon.

I should really start putting signatures by default.

These look really good! I think you've done the shadings really well too, these are always a challenge for me too :D

"A big picture with some dialogue excerpt I've made."
I really like the black and white picture(y)

Time to post some artworks from last week or so...

tumblr_oy2cdnNvOq1vddhpco1_1280.jpg

Ash Ketchum (Satoshi) in Pokémon Origins art style

tumblr_oyaxo3ynsF1vddhpco1_1280.jpg

The Reference Sheet I used for the artwork... with some additional trivia.

tumblr_oyd109pDnP1vddhpco1_1280.jpg

Origins Trainer Blue/Green/Leaf (First design)

tumblr_oye7swlKW11vddhpco1_1280.jpg

Trainer Ash Ketchum (as Red) and Trainer Leaf/Blue/Green

Somehow this looks like a character select screen from a Pokémon game.

Ooh! Nice artwork!

(Me in my head: Oh my god I wanna see Dawn and Lucas and Barry and Brendan and anime-Dawn and Brock and Conway and Paul...)

Well, it's been forever since I last updated.
It's been a long time since I last posted here. During this hiatus, I made a DeviantArt account for future art projects both related and unrelated to Pokémon. Here's a new artwork I made over the past month:

Meeting Your Roots: Red and Ash

DquTdvOU4AEtPCa.jpg:large

This has been my personal project of mine for this month of October. I had been thinking about Ash being an "eternally ten-year old kid" as well as the fact that his game incarnation/counterpart, Red, has noticeably grown up (and now looks completely different from his original design from Gen I). The modern Red, I felt, has been pushing for the "badass" and "serious" persona that fans have projected upon him since Gen II; to the point that he seems to be the complete antithesis of his original incarnation, who smiles and is more of an adventuring boy traveling across the world searching for Pokémon. Ash, in contrast, retains these crucial aspects even after 20 years has past, although at the cost of truly growing up like Red. It's as if both characters are missing aspects that the other has.

So I started imagining Ash Ketchum as Red's inner child persona, the eternal spirit that Red has long forgotten when he grew up to be an adult, serious trainer focusing on battles and being the best to the point of no longer having fun. And so began this concept; of adult Sun and Moon Red meeting Ash Ketchum, surprised and perplexed by Ash's energetic happiness and kindness.

Originally, I intended for Ash to be surrounded by mists to highlight the fact that he's a spiritual manifestation of Red's forgotten childhood innocence, but I couldn't find the right effects. So Ash here can be viewed here as an actual flesh and blood person here rather than some imaginary friend. But that is, of course, up to the viewer to decide.

Back
Top Bottom