• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gem type: Hematite
Nickname(s) (optional): None
Gem weapon: A battle fan, with black spokes ending in blades and the rest being silver.
Ability(ies): In addition to the normal Gem abilities, she possesses telekinesis. However, on her own, she's not capable of say restraining an army with her mind, at best she can throw objects roughly the size of small boulders with considerable force or knock A enemy a few feet back. Most commonly, she focuses most of this ability in conjunction with her strength to make up for her being a bit lacking in that department (she's not quite as weak as a Pearl, but her kind are decidedly more intended for studies than combat). In her natural 'role', this is meant to be used to move objects of study to her from across the room.
Skills: As she's not a particularly strong Gem, she compensates with martial arts, which she is quite skilled in. Her primary focus is using an opponent's force against them. Due to her natural role on Homeworld, she's quite intelligent and spiritual, being a good philosopher and psychologist.
Gem location: In her forehead, where a 'third eye' would be.
Alignment: Rebellion
Appearance: She's fairly tall, having long hair that comes to her shoulder. Her skin color is a dark grey color, with her hair being silver. She wears what looks like a light grey, almost white, kimono. She has reddish grey accents to her robes as well.
Picture (optional): If you're basing your character off of fan art you made, commissioned, or borrowed from someone else (if so, please credit!). Be sure to put it in a spoiler to save space.
History/Bio: On Homeworld, Hematites are scholar gems, among the 'important Gems' who think in towers Bismuth referred to responsible for study and philosophy. A thinker. However, Hematite always felt like things were too strict and conformist to truly accomplish that goal. When there's something you wished to study that was not given to you, you had to transfer it to your supervisor, who would send it through channels for approval if THEY approved then give you your answer. If the desired subject was something they didn't want researched, it could simply be denied, or at worst get you shattered. Hematite continued her work, thinking, studying, philosophizing. However, one day she would arrive on the Earth colony as a member of her Diamond, Blue Diamond's, court. She was present the day that Garnet was first formed...and fascinated. She'd read countless things on Fusion, even fused with fellow Hematites to use their combined collective brainpower for something greater, but intergem fusion was not in any of them. However, Blue Diamond's reaction to Garnet made it abundantly clear that her desire to learn more about this would go unstated.

She spent some time observing the Earth, as her kind should, and came to a conclusion: this world was nothing like she'd ever seen before. Organic life was perceived by most Gems as a beneath them, but her observations shed new light...and she came to a logical conclusion. Rose Quartz, and this planet, held more to learn and study than all the knowledge she'd had in her towers back on Homeworld. With that, she fled with her own Pearl and defected. After...miscommunication with Bismuth, she joined the Crystal Gems and spends a large portion of her time studying the humans, or honing her martial arts. She also frequently speaks with Garnet and asks questions about her, curious to learn about the unique experience she has.
Personality: Hematite is very calm and peaceful, having a sage or monk-like demeanor to her. She is very open minded and curious, wanting nothing more than for the war to end so all Earth has to learn may be known to her. She also adores humans and the native ecosystem, being fascinated by them. She would much rather talk an enemy down than fight, but will fight if needed. However, she shares Rose's views on shattering.

She's also very spiritual in nature, having come to find the Earthlings believe in some cosmic thing greater than herself comforting and fascinating, even if she doesn't believe the exact same as they do. This aspect makes her a little weird to others, but some have come to share her beliefs.

Her flaw is that sometimes her curiosity can annoy others, though she is meant to be a rather emotionally stable character due to her nature.
Other: She and Bismuth did NOT get along when she first joined, due to her status as a noble. Now, while not quite friends, her apologizes for the treatment of Bismuth's kind, make her one of the few upper crusts the blacksmith will tolerate.

Gem type: Pearl
Nickname(s) (optional): Silver Pearl or just Silver
Gem weapon: A light grey kusarigama with a silver blade and a large pearl in stead of a weight at the end of the chain.
Ability(ies): Typical Pearl abilities, the same as Pearl's, albit less refined. Her 'Holopearls' are incapable of combat and are more used for diversions for example. Due to being made to assist her master in investigating interesting things worth thinking about, she's made to be more capable of acting in environments like space or underwater
Skills: Like Hematite, she is a martial artist. She has a very 'ninja' like fighting style, keeping moving and attacking when her opponent's guard is down, hiding and attacking from the shadows, or deceiving them with illusions.
Gem location: On her throat.
Appearance: Has the same body shape as the other Pearls, but wears a dark silver ninja-like garb. Her hair is also done up in a bun. This is a regeneration, her previous attire was more similar to Hematite's.
Picture (optional): If you're basing your character off of fan art you made, commissioned, or borrowed from someone else (if so, please credit!). Be sure to put it in a spoiler to save space.
History/Bio: Silver was created specifically to be Hematite's personal assistant and aid, a task she attended to diligently. She didn't really change all that much until Hematite's defection, during which she continued to follow diligently. But then her master told her she was free and no longer had to follow orders. This was naturally a strange experience for a Pearl. Despite her former master's rocky start with Bismuth, Silver got to know the blacksmith fairly well, due to both being 'servants', and picked up some of the larger Gem's fun loving nature. She also studied under Pearl, gaining a desire to become more like her, albeit ultimately with a different fighting style.

While she doesn't HAVE to follow Hematite, she still views her with gratitude and devotion, seeing as she was the one that freed her and had always treated her well even before then. She and Hematite have a similar interaction to a squire and their lord unlike the more romantic relationship Pearl has with Rose.
Personality: Silver is knowledgeable and curious, like her former master, but a life of being couped up in a stuffy tower with a bunch of intellectuals where society frowned on her doing anything but what she was told has made her quite fun loving once Bismuth introduced her to it. She is also very loyal to her allies, something picked up from Pearl, but is most devoted to Hematite.

She'd also very willing to play dirty in a fight, though out of respect for Hematite doesn't shatter the enemy, though doesn't have as much of a belief against it as her. She doesn't fight fair, because as she says, she CAN'T against enemies like they fight.

Her flaws are that she doesn't handle being alone well, on account of having never really BEEN alone sense she was created. She also struggles with the spiritual side of things, trying to learn them like her former owner but having difficulty.

Other: In addition to her Gem Weapon, she uses a hook sword forged for her by Bismuth.

Fusion:

Gem type: Howlite
Nickname(s):
Gem weapon: Chakram, using the spokes from Hematite's fan as the handle and taking the blade style from Silver's weapon.
Ability(ies): Telekinesis like Hematite, only somewhat stronger, and pearl's powers. However, as a combined ability, she has the ability to make holographic spears she can throw. She also often uses the telekinesis to control multiple Chakrams or their flight trajectory. She's somewhere between Opal and Garnet in terms of physical strength.
Skills: Martial arts skill of her components, having a bit of a Monkey Style from mixing Hematite's more refined style with Silver Pearl's more 'playing dirty' style. Also very intelligent and having Hematite's philosphy skills.
Gem location: One on her forehead, one on her throat.
Appearance: She is about Opal's height and possesses four arms. Has both a bun and longer white hair hanging down to her shoulders. Her skin is white with black streaks to it, and her outfit is primarily light grey with black accents, her pants also black. I imagine her resembling Taomon from Digimon tamers outfit wise with Rose Quartz's symbol on her chest.
History/Bio: A fusion of Silver Pearl and Hematite. She's been formed several times and is often used in fights in areas were the opponent can be bewildered and outthought.
Personality: Howlite can best be described as 'smarter than they look'. She's very fun loving and jovial, often mocking her enemies in combat, but keeping her true intelligence and how well they know the situation hidden from the opponent. Their jabs and mocking will often prey upon details the philosophical side of her mind has picked up on in the enemy to throw them off their game and distract them. Or enrage them to the point of making a mistake. If she feels the situation calls for it, she'll use comical aesops and fables to try and teach the opponent a lessen or try and get them to see things the Crystal Gems way.

However, she CAN get carried away, and Silver Pearl's difficulty with the spiritual aspects can cause the fusion to break down.
Other: She sometimes uses the sword Bismuth made Silver Pearl, but it's a bit small for her.

I imagine that Hematite probably has fused with Garnet at some point given her research on that matter, but should probably cover that with her RPer rather than just make that myself.

@Godzillawolf, Sorry I took so long, I've been kinda busy for the past few days. But I think you'll be glad to know that Hematite, Silver, and Howlite have all been accepted. Also I'm cool with a Garnet + Hematite fusion. Feel free to start up a conversation with me to sort out her specifics.

@Godzillawolf, Sorry I took so long, I've been kinda busy for the past few days. But I think you'll be glad to know that Hematite, Silver, and Howlite have all been accepted. Also I'm cool with a Garnet + Hematite fusion. Feel free to start up a conversation with me to sort out her specifics.

Alright, so I can start posting in the main RP now?

Gem type: Emerald/Beryl

Nickname(s) (optional):Black, Black em.

Gem weapon: Slim black swords with silver hilt..

Ability(ies): Emeralds are assassins in the homeworld, rare and efficient at killing. Emeralds are a subsidiary of Beryl, an already higher caste, that tends to be extremely specialized.(I hope I'm not screwing anyone over who wanted to use beryl gems.)

Skills: As an assassin, she can be very unnaturally stealthy and quiet when she wants, along with being quite skilled with the blade. However, she much prefers a duel than sneaking up on somebody and stabbing them.

Gem location: High up on her back.

Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: She is colored black, which means she has absorbed to much of the chemical that makes gems one color. Emeralds are naturally smaller and slime, so she is not that much taller than Peridot. Her uniform is a deep green. It has the homeworld X with the diamond in the center, however the diamond is black, blending in with the X. Her hair is is cut short, around a couple inches. She wears combat boots and gloves.

Picture (optional): None, and I can't draw.

History/Bio: She was considered rebellious not just by her odd coloring, but by her nature to go against her assassination roots. She eventually stole a ship and crashed it onto earth. For 500 years, she's just been wandering the earth, marveling at the "simplicity" of earth.

Personality: Despite being able to be serious, she is quite petty. Being insulted by her size or color insults her, but never enough to threaten you with anything more than a slap. She gets mad at the world for not going her way. She would get along well with amethyst, as they have a similar sense of humor. Very rebellious, and hates anything strict.

Other: Finds assassination cruel and unjust, despite her expertise at it.

Last edited:
Oh, god right. Sorry guys, I've been kinda busy so I wasn't able to keep this thing going as well as I'd like. A couple of events may be a little stuck, since Bones hasn't been on for a while. And I'm not sure whether bunnying onto Rose and Citrine to get something moving again would be an acceptable thing to do...
Either way @RagnorokX, Emerald has been accepted.

To make sure I'm not missing anything, the actual RP hasn't started yet, correct?

ಠ~ಠ Should I believe you? I don't think so, as you didn't link it, but you have made a character... uh... I guess I'll believe you. End internal debate on legitimacy of person I don't recognize

Thanks. Also... should we RP while Chocobones is away or not?

Last edited:
That's the thing I'm worried about, I'm Co-GM, so I could oversee the whole thing, but two of the events going on right now have Bones as Rose and Citrine, so if we wanted to move those along, we'd either need Bones here, or we'd have to bunny his characters, and I'm not comfortable doing that without permission.

Ok. Do you have any way to contact him, or are we just to wait?

MOD NOTE: If the GM doesn't show up in a few days, it's okay for the Co-GM to move the plot along. We're gonna give him a couple of days though to still show up. If not, I'll give the OK.

Oh, OK then. Thanks for mentioning that @Silent Winter, I've got a conversation going with him, but his profile says he hasn't been on since the 6th. I guess we'll just give him a few days. Still not sure about bunnying his OC, but if I get Rose moving hopefully things could pick up.

I'm giving the Okay for you to do what you have to in order to keep the RP going. Of course, we'll give it two or so more days. Hopefully he gets back in touch with you soon.

@Lone_Garurumon It's been two weeks officially and he hasn't been on, so you have free reign to do what you need to for the sake of the RP's longevity.

I'd try avoiding using her whenever possible, but there's a few scenes I can see coming up that I can't picture panning out without her. So unless Bones shows up, I think I'll need to take control over her at least a few times. Same with Pearl, since she's Citrine's target and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom