• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shippers' Paradise General Chat Thread

thank you for alerting me to this feature, I am officially having waaay too much fun with this
Screenshot_20240228-1623092.png
Screenshot_20240228-1637452.png

Screenshot_20240228-1651502.png
Screenshot_20240228-1710412.png

^ I read your Phaesporia fic "Where The Wind Blows" and it was lovely :bulbaLove: I always enjoy seeing the character dynamics between rarer pairs get explored (plus it was just a really sweet story)! I'd love to see more of your stuff around here.

Makes me want to start sharing some of my own shipfics on the forums too, but... lol I'm nervous. Just wondering, how do you guys get over the stage fright of posting your writing...? ^^;
I am so sorry for replying so late to this (been busy) but thank you so much! I will be posting my things one at a time.

Truth be told I was nervous sharing my work here too. Now, I feel a bit more confident. I'll admit it can be scary posting your stuff out of fear of judgement but sometimes you just do it. I guess don't let the fear get to you? You miss many opportunities if you do. Speaking from experience.

Like it's true, not everyone will enjoy your stuff but there will be some that do! Most importantly, if you enjoy it, that's all that matters. Don't let the negativity get you down. Plus, I feel this place has been very kind and supportive. I am sure people will check out your stories if you give them a shot.

Oh, that new feature makes me want to redownload Masters again! I stopped playing it long ago but now I want to take pictures of my favorite ships too. ;-; Unfortunately, I never got Jasmine so it hurts I am not able to make some anyway. I would have to press my luck in rolling her.

i've been watching a playthrough of the indigo disk DLC finally because the streamer i watch started it recently & was Thinking when i was looking at drayton and carmine interacting....... what do the people think about them? (also any bisexual drayton believers.... and perhaps even bigender.....)

-shrugs- given carmine's tsundere attitude, it's easy to see ship tease there, but whether she's jealous bc she's into drayton or the mc is open to interpretation, imo. but my preferred ship is amarys/carmine, so i'm not too fussed about any of that. i do ship drayton w/ cilan tho, so i guess i count on the latter point? (tho i probably lean more toward hc him as pan and possibly somewhere on the nonbinary/agender spectrum, but i guess that's just semantics) XP

yep, i have just finished watching the DLC and now i think i lean towards something like drayton & kieran have Something Bad going on between them because i think it is fun and interesting. i'm not toooo invested in anything else tbh i really like the idea i have of those two in my head right now but carmine & protag having something going on at the same time would be interesting... or as you said i can definitely see carmine & amarys! (and i do see the pan drayton vision!! bi or pan either one is perfect, and yes anywhere on the nb spectrum is perfect for him imo!)

It's my turn with the Masters images

IMG_1036 (1).jpg
IMG_1035 (1).jpg
IMG_1035 (1).jpg

Silver is trying his best at the whole selfie thing.

IMG_1034.jpg
IMG_1033.jpg

Okay confession that I do some editing outside of the Masters app for stuff like making photos look like photos. And making Siebold a kitty cat.

IMG_1028 (1).jpg
IMG_1046 (1).jpg
IMG_1030.jpg

Sabotage writing: hurt/comfort, sickfic
Sabotage art: fluffy happy stuff
Sabotage edits: shitposting

fun challenge for anyone who wants to use the pokemas photo feature but one half isn't in the game yet? easy, take a photo with another character and edit them over it! (or even if your otp BOTH aren't in the game if you're willing to spend that long editing)

1710183213246.jpeg

i've even seen some people who do ocxcanon stuff and selfship stuff edit their ocs into pictures with their favorite characters whether it be just drawing them over the image or editing in pngs of models they've commissioned people to make of their ocs, but the creativity is genuinely really impressive. i felt kinda down when the feature just dropped bc i knew that probably for a long time i wont be able to take photos of my otp together, so even if it's not the best i settled for the edit for now. anyway yeah this is a fun little challenge im putting out there bc i think it's a fun thing to do and i'd love to see other people indulge in being as insane abt their otp as i am :bulbaLol: typically i tend to edit based off of siebold for the twins since the eyes are easy to edit into their eye shape and the hair is a similar colour as well as siebold's build working well for them. it does take a while to edit but i think as long as you can find a character that works well as a base it's pretty easy!

hey everyone! Just poking in here real quick to say... we've got a writing event going on right now! It's the first one we've had in Shippers' Paradise since 2018.
If you're a shipfic writer, please come check it out n' consider entering. ^^)/

now, you all may continue on your merry way <3
(i really want to try my hand at one of those photo edits wow)

A random thought... but is there an actual correct way to write a ship name? For example, Airplaneshipping or AirplaneShipping? Should the S be capitalized or not? I generally go with the former, but I'm wondering if the latter is more correct? :hmm:

A random thought... but is there an actual correct way to write a ship name? For example, Airplaneshipping or AirplaneShipping? Should the S be capitalized or not? I generally go with the former, but I'm wondering if the latter is more correct? :hmm:
I've always thought capitalizing the S is the proper, formal way of doing it, seeing as that's how the ships are written on the official list, with few (if any) deviations. having the S be lowercase is more informal, kinda like how on the internet, you can choose to use proper grammar/capitalizing or not, or how ships are often referred to w/o the "shipping" part of the name attached at all. but i don't think there's any real harm in doing it either way.

Right now I’m more inclined to capitalize the S than not. Mainly because it makes a bit more sense to do so than not for ships like ToxicDrakeShipping (Klara x Raihan), where the ship name itself is composed of two or more “building blocks” representing each person involved (and as such capitalizing the individual words helps with letting people know at a glance what the ship is).

Unrelated but: “Been spendin' most their lives / Livin' in a shipper’s paradise”

Right now I’m more inclined to capitalize the S than not. Mainly because it makes a bit more sense to do so than not for ships like ToxicDrakeShipping (Klara x Raihan), where the ship name itself is composed of two or more “building blocks” representing each person involved (and as such capitalizing the individual words helps with letting people know at a glance what the ship is).

Unrelated but: “Been spendin' most their lives / Livin' in a shipper’s paradise”
plus, i think capitalizing the S helps to more easily distinguish the actual ship name if it ends w/ an S. like, take ash/kiawe's official ship name as an example: "ZclassShipping" is much easier to read and write to me than "Zclassshipping". (as an aside, this is also why i tend to prefer this ship's alternate name of "Zring", and why i try to avoid having the ship names i create end with 'S', so that i don't have to deal that kind of bleed over when i do want to be more informal in writing out ship names XP)

Back
Top Bottom