• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Shop Mafia - Endgame (Town Win) - 10/4/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, just throwing out random thoughts here, what if Mido just assumed Miller would be purchased and pretended she attempted to buy it to throw of suspicion? Just a thought that pooped into my head, not necessarily true.
What impact could this have on the game?

If Mido would be scum, claiming she tried to buy Miller but failed. If nobody would claim miller it would look weird, and otherwise it would confirm her, so it's sort of risky, although there are more risky things.
If Mido would be town, claiming she tried to buy Miller but failed only counteracts town. If we'd figure out it was a lie we'd think she's scummy so I don't see that being a town action at all.

But for tonight it doesn't matter anymore. We'll just wait and see.

PS: if the game doesn't end right now, or tonight. I'll claim first thing tomorrow morning. But since it could change night actions I won't right now.

What impact could this have on the game?

If Mido would be scum, claiming she tried to buy Miller but failed. If nobody would claim miller it would look weird, and otherwise it would confirm her, so it's sort of risky, although there are more risky things.
If Mido would be town, claiming she tried to buy Miller but failed only counteracts town. If we'd figure out it was a lie we'd think she's scummy so I don't see that being a town action at all.

But for tonight it doesn't matter anymore. We'll just wait and see.
I never said it was true or even likely, it just popped into my head and I felt like bringing up all possibilities.

Night 3 start

AussieEevee was lynched. He was Vanilla Town.
He had 15 Coins at the time of his death and would receive 40 more from the Mayor. His 55 Coins are split to the 5 remaining players alive. Each player alive receives 11 Coins.
It is now Night 3. It will end in 24 hours (+46 minutes).

NIGHT 3 SHOP

TOWN-ONLY
75 Coins - 1 left - 1x Friendly Neighbor
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Masonizer (if used on mafia, you die)

MAFIA-ONLY
25 Coins - 1 left - 1x Thief (steals target's coins at end of night)

OPEN TO EVERYONE
10 Coins - 7 left - 1x ITA (15% Dayvig) (to be used later)
25 Coins - 4 left - 1x Cop (1 each of Sane/Insane/Naive/Paranoid)
25 Coins - 2 left - 1x Reporter
50 Coins - 2 left - 1x Neighborizer
50 Coins - 1 left - 1x Monitor
50 Coins - 1 left - 1x Self-Redirector
50 Coins - 1 left - Beloved Princess (night is skipped)
50 Coins - 1 left - Beloved Princess (day is skipped)
50 Coins - 1 left - Beloved Princess (consec. phase is skipped)
50 Coins - 1 left - Beloved Princess (next same phase is skipped)
75 Coins - 1 left - 1x Commuter
75 Coins - 1 left - 1x Bus Driver
75 Coins - 1 left - 1x Hacker
75 Coins - 1 left - 1x Bodyguard (kills the killer)
75 Coins - 1 left - 1x Sensor (last day's wagon)
75 Coins - 1 left - Bleeder
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Gladiator
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Random Loverizer
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Strongman
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Redirector
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Bulletproof
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Seraph Knight
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Non-Aimed TFPTSLBOOIA shot
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Lightningrod
100 Coins - 1 left - 1x Spy
100 Coins - 1 left - Investment (+120 Coins next night)
125 Coins - 1 left - 1x Poisoner
125 Coins - 1 left - 1x Loverizer
125 Coins - 1 left - 1x Suit Bearer
150 Coins - 1 left - 1x Aimed TFPTSLBOOIA shot
150 Coins - 1 left - 1x Governor (to be used later)
150 Coins - 1 left - Investment (+180 Coins next night)
175 Coins - 1 left - 1x Vigilante
175 Coins - 1 left - 1x Lynch Redirector (to be used later)
175 Coins - 1 left - Investment (+210 Coins next night)

I will now update your coin amount based on today's events via your role PMs.
The shop will run on a blind auction system tonight. You may place bids (starting prices are the ones listed above) whose total is up to the amount of Coins you have. At the end of the night the roles will be given to their highest bidders.

@Zexy I know we're not allowed to talk at night but can I ask about the specifics of the auction system?
Not sure how much more there is to say than "You may place bids (starting prices are the ones listed above) whose total is up to the amount of Coins you have. At the end of the night the roles will be given to their highest bidders."

Not sure how much more there is to say than "You may place bids (starting prices are the ones listed above) whose total is up to the amount of Coins you have. At the end of the night the roles will be given to their highest bidders."
I mean will we be able to use the roles tonight, or will we have to wait until the next night since we don't get them until the end?

Endgame

Soaringdylan was killed. He was the Miller Bomb Beloved Princess.
Elementar was killed. He was the 1x Lynchproof Ascetic.
ENDGAME
Town has won! Congratulations!

Shop Mafia Mafia QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the concept and the balance?
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Would you participate in Shop Mafia II? If yes, what would you like to see changed?

Last edited:
Did you enjoy the game?
Yes!
It's an awesome idea.
Error 404: Answer non-existent.
Would you participate in Shop Mafia II? If yes, what would you like to see changed?
Reserve a spot for me! Also, it's fine as is.

Also, what is Ascetic?

Oh yeah! I so called that shit!

Also really Dylan? Bomb? Honestly we should've known.

Did you enjoy the game?
Oh yes.
The concept was fun, it was a neat idea. Balance seemed fine.
Nothing really, w won after all.
Oh totally. I can't think of anything in particular to change.
Did you enjoy the game?
Yes!
It's an awesome idea.
Error 404: Answer non-existent.
Reserve a spot for me! Also, it's fine as is.

Also, what is Ascetic?
Ascetic is a role that grants total immunity to night actions. Honestly it was a good idea for Elementar to take it.

Ascetic is basically the same as Untargettable. All actions but kills on them fail.

Wow kudos Dylan for actually becoming Bomb and winning the game like that! I was hoping you'd Self-Redirect Elementar in the end but he actually tried to kill you heh

As for my thoughts on the "setup"... honestly this was somewhat of an experimental run and I'm not so sure it was balanced right. Especially with all the night actions in the shops, but figuring out which are better was part of what you had to do.

For Day 1 the most active received 27 Coins (that was Cheff), 2nd best 24, 3rd 21... all the way down to 3.
For Day 2 the one with the oldest vote received 32 Coins, next 28, next 24... all the way down to 4.
For Day 3 you received <amount of votes in wagon> * 10. Those who didn't vote were 2 so they received 20 Coins too.
The Foreign Bank is supposed to balance the fact that the Mayor giving out Coins favors town. The Bank would give the Mafia coins but Town would still generally benefit if they were more active/decisive/agreeable, just not WAY too much.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes
Very interesting concept, It was indeed an enjoyable experience.
More faction exclusive roles... An explanation on what certain items in the store do (What the heck is hacker?! And what does Mafia leader do?)
Basically what I just stated above... and more players would be fun too.

I have to ask what happened N2 anyway. I mean, I assume Dylan wasn't lying to about the bodyguard thing?

Hacker = stops mafia QT for a day (taken from Artemis Fowl Mafia)
Mafia leader = the one who decides all the actions in case the teammates dispute

Midorikawa commuted the night Dylan tried to Bodyguard her so his action didn't go through

Also Cheff/Aussie, why do you self-hammer people? That almost never is a good idea.
I think both factions made some kinds of mistakes; had Midorikawa showed up before Aussie self-hammered he might've been saved. Darth/Elementar could play out Day 2 better and force two mislynches. Also Elementar missed the Night 2 kill. And hit Dylan, of course.
In the end, though, this balanced each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom