• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Shop Mafia - Endgame (Town Win) - 10/4/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Cheff/Aussie, why do you self-hammer people? That almost never is a good idea.
At the time, I thought it was the best idea for the town. I thought I had caught Looker in a lie, but I had no way to prove that other than my death.

What I didn't know was that I was already targeting the final scum before I self-hammered :p

Anyway, this was a really fun game. Kudos to Zexy for the concept.
Thanks but for the record I'm definitely not the first person ever to consider the idea of a shop in a mafia game. In fact I've first heard it from Mijzelffan who has apparently done it before... what wasn't done, as far as I know, was a game which only had roles based on the shop.

What even is ITA btw? And is a day big ready so powerful it has to be cut down to 15%? Or is that just because there were 10 of em?
ITA means In-Thread Attack, which is a 1x 15% Dayvig. These first became a thing in games of huge player counts in Mafia Universe and several months ago I made a game based on the mechanic: Mafia: - In-Thread Attacks Mafia - 9/9/16 - ENDGAME (TOWN WIN)

There were 10 of them as there doesn't have to be much of a limit on how many there should be in a game. They also were very cheap, too.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, very much, even though I died on Day 1.
What did you think of the concept and the balance?
I just loved the idea, and the balance was good too, town starting with a total of 250 coins just like mafia. (I got the amount from Darth after game ended)
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Me not dying day 1.
Would you participate in Shop Mafia II? If yes, what would you like to see changed?
Yes please, and as I said earlier, reserve a spot for me then. And as I said above, me not dying day 1.

Also Cheff/Aussie, why do you self-hammer people? That almost never is a good idea.
The reason why I did it was to let the day end earlier because I was curious on how the shop would work. And I was already certain that I would've died.

Elementar.... I warned you with the Bomb on Dylan.

Did you enjoy the game?
It is a fun concept
It's fun, I noticed it's hard to claim roles that you don't buy since they will stay in the shop. Not thinking of that D1 was my mistake.
Make my mafia partner more active. No hurt feelings Elementar, but I really needed an experienced player around for this. The only thing you did was suggest DS which backfired.
Would you participate in Shop Mafia II? If yes, what would you like to see changed?
Definitely, shuffle the shop every night to prevent players of checking what has been bought.

Did you enjoy the game?
I loved it, and it was annoying as hell! But not because of the setup, but because of all mistakes everyone has made haha :)
//will elaborate in a bit
I've seen the concept before and I do enjoy it. It's kinda like Card Mafia... #shamelesselfpromotion
So once Darth was dead I was talking to him about why mafia didn't get any night kills (without him telling why ofc), and the conclusion I came to was the following:

Mafia every night has a X% chance to hit their Kill shot, and they can spend money to increase this shot, this could be up it to 100%, or maybe even to 150% (to be distributed over 2 kills)
and I thought they missed everything because they didn't wanna spend much on it.

Now this ended not being the case, it could be an interesting mechanic for a re-run of this :)

Of course would I join a game hosted by The Zexy. Well didn't I just answer that ;)?

Also really Dylan? Bomb? Honestly we should've known.
Once N1 started and I saw the Shop,
I need to earn enough money for Bomb. This is my sole goal in this game now.

Wow kudos Dylan for actually becoming Bomb and winning the game like that! I was hoping you'd Self-Redirect Elementar in the end but he actually tried to kill you heh
Are you proud of me ME! I finally was able to validly claim bomb (even though I decided not to do it so mafia might hit me) and it won us the game! :D

As for my thoughts on the "setup"... honestly this was somewhat of an experimental run and I'm not so sure it was balanced right. Especially with all the night actions in the shops, but figuring out which are better was part of what you had to do.

For Day 1 the most active received 27 Coins (that was Cheff), 2nd best 24, 3rd 21... all the way down to 3.
For Day 2 the one with the oldest vote received 32 Coins, next 28, next 24... all the way down to 4.
For Day 3 you received <amount of votes in wagon> * 10. Those who didn't vote were 2 so they received 20 Coins too.
The Foreign Bank is supposed to balance the fact that the Mayor giving out Coins favors town. The Bank would give the Mafia coins but Town would still generally benefit if they were more active/decisive/agreeable, just not WAY too much.
Well with a free Miller & a free Godfather in the game, it might've been a good idea to give some sort of discount on N1 investigation roles, as buying cop n1 in a 9p game enviornment were you could only accurately get 6/8 other people, it seemed pretty uninviting.

Also for the size of the game some of the later stuff might be a little too expensive, some things like bulletproof could be really useful, and of course shouldn't be cheap. But right now there was no incentive to buying it early on and the game was over before people really had the chance to actually get it and make use of it.

Midorikawa commuted the night Dylan tried to Bodyguard her so his action didn't go through
Ah... That explains it... Too bad mido wasn't around to clarify, this is why Aussie shouldn't have self-hammered (About that...)
I think both factions made some kinds of mistakes; had Midorikawa showed up before Aussie self-hammered he might've been saved. Darth/Elementar could play out Day 2 better and force two mislynches. Also Elementar missed the Night 2 kill. And hit Dylan, of course.
In the end, though, this balanced each other out.
After Darth's dead, I spoke to him about the way he claimed and what not and also explained to him that he could've easily done a lot of things to throw the slightest of suspicion to town and maybe even create 1 or 2 mislynches. His argument was that he'd then have to battle me in a war of whose lying and that he'd probably lose. But Aussie & Darth, you should always try to survive and sometimes, it's worth to take the riskier things as mafia. That's how the best plays are made anyways!

PS to all of this:
N1 I was afraid I would be ganged by the mafia due to me being relatively active and the only one not voting CoG, so doctored my self .
In the end Skullcrow wasn't mafia so it didn't matter that much anyways, but I somehow still protected my self. Yay me.

*now leaves to go make some midterms...*

Thanks but for the record I'm definitely not the first person ever to consider the idea of a shop in a mafia game. In fact I've first heard it from Mijzelffan who has apparently done it before... what wasn't done, as far as I know, was a game which only had roles based on the shop.
Is the game you're talking about the Kid Icarus one?

Anyways if @AussieEevee had waited a bit longer then I would have said I commuted. I was sleeping when all the crap went down. So you guys can't blame anyone but yourselves for your impatience. Especially since I said: Did anyone else buy a protection role. Implying that I had bought one.

Good job Dylan you made up for going after Skullcrow :p

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes

It was good. Some things were a bit expensive though.
Roles like reporter. The lack of nighttalk and the NOC makes it very difficult on town and if there is a case like mine when someone is hammered before someone can get on to speak, they can't say anything to the rest of the town. And roles like neighborizer and masonizer are expensive. If reporter worked even if the player died or if there was a last will in the shop I think that would have been good for town as a way to counteract the no night talk.
Yes. ^

Quick question from the outside: what exactly determined how much coins you got per round?
Firstly, a specific criteria that changed with each Day phase (Activity, Decisiveness and Agreement) as well as the coins one person has (+ was going to receive) being split evenly and given to the living players, when someone dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom