• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Shop Mafia - Endgame (Town Win) - 10/4/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question from the outside: what exactly determined how much coins you got per round?
As I explained above, I had pre-decided what each day phase would reward for (Activity, Decisiveness, Agreement Agreement * 1.5, *2 , *2.5 etc.) Activity chosen to try to help things up in Day 1, Decisiveness to force people to take stances early Day 2, Agreement from Day 3 onwards as this rewards more Coins and I'd rather have more Coins rewarded the further the game went going for.

With 9 players alive in Day 1, for Activity I went with gaps of 3. Most active got 3*9=27, second most active got 24 and so on.
With 8 players alive in Day 2, for Decisiveness I went with gaps of 4. Most decisive got 32, second got 28 and so on.
Day 3 onwards it's amount of votes in wagon * some number.

Then I would check how much town got (then apply a ratio of town alive/all players alive) and how much mafia got (mafia alive/all players alive) and figure out how much the Bank should give to the mafia to make it somewhat balanced.

An easy example of that was the last day where "everyone" got a perfect Agreement play so mafia got as many Bank Coins as was needed to equal the amount Town got.

But Aussie & Darth, you should always try to survive and sometimes, it's worth to take the riskier things as mafia. That's how the best plays are made anyways!
At that point, what I didn't tell you was that Elementar had the idea to start a wagon on me to make him less suspicious. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll keep improving myself.
N1 I was afraid I would be ganged by the mafia due to me being relatively active and the only one not voting CoG, so doctored my self .
No, I just targeted you to prevent you from buying bomb.

@Zexy what did you have planned for the later days for money distribution?

@Zexy what did you have planned for the later days for money distribution?
As I explained above, I had pre-decided what each day phase would reward for (Activity, Decisiveness, Agreement Agreement * 1.5, *2 , *2.5 etc.) Activity chosen to try to help things up in Day 1, Decisiveness to force people to take stances early Day 2, Agreement from Day 3 onwards as this rewards more Coins and I'd rather have more Coins rewarded the further the game went going for.

With 9 players alive in Day 1, for Activity I went with gaps of 3. Most active got 3*9=27, second most active got 24 and so on.
With 8 players alive in Day 2, for Decisiveness I went with gaps of 4. Most decisive got 32, second got 28 and so on.
Day 3 onwards it's amount of votes in wagon * some number.

Then I would check how much town got (then apply a ratio of town alive/all players alive) and how much mafia got (mafia alive/all players alive) and figure out how much the Bank should give to the mafia to make it somewhat balanced.

An easy example of that was the last day where "everyone" got a perfect Agreement play so mafia got as many Bank Coins as was needed to equal the amount Town got.

At that point, what I didn't tell you was that Elementar had the idea to start a wagon on me to make him less suspicious. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll keep improving myself.

Soo, what I'm hearing is that I totally called the whole thing? Damn I'm good.

But Aussie & Darth, you should always try to survive and sometimes, it's worth to take the riskier things as mafia. That's how the best plays are made anyways!
Didn't see this earlier but no. Not always.

I was guaranteed dead. Nothing could have saved me but i was certain that i had caught you in a lie. Delaying wouldn't have helped town, where falling on my sword would have (had i been correct.)

Sometimes it is best to take one for the team

I'll answer the questions in the morning.

GG to the town. It was a well deserved win and you played well.
Thankyou to @Zexy for hosting a great game :) It was very enjoyable.
Sorry to @DarthWolf13. I think I overloaded myself with commitments and let you down with inactivity and genuine confusion. I wish I had of paid more attention and helped out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom