• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Ash catch a Legendary?

A certain bioweapon he helped might be willing to do him a favor.

pI8Xocq.png

I mean, Zygarde promised to join Bonnie when she turns 10...

I feel like he shouldn't, but it would feel unfair if a companion were to get one while he didn't IMO. If he were to get one, it'd probably be during a finale/when the show ends, which isn't happening anytime soon.

EDIT: As for what the Legendary should be, that's hard to determine. I could see Latias, Victini, Meloetta, or Keldeo wanting to join him. Maybe Tapu Koko, but it's early to tell. Ho-Oh and Lugia would be too OP, and Hoopa would be as well, plus he already has a family that he's been with since they were small kids.

If Bonnie does somehow get Zygarde, it probably wouldn't be anything more than a sideshow of different characters or something considering that characters don't age. Even if that could happen within the series, I'd be okay with Bonnie getting a Legendary Pokemon while Ash doesn't simply because Bonnie formed a pretty strong bond with Squishy. Ash has formed bonds with other Legendary Pokemon too, but usually just in movies instead of something focused on during the series. It would feel more justified/earned compared to Ash getting a Legendary Pokemon.

If Bonnie does somehow get Zygarde, it probably wouldn't be anything more than a sideshow of different characters or something considering that characters don't age. Even if that could happen within the series, I'd be okay with Bonnie getting a Legendary Pokemon while Ash doesn't simply because Bonnie formed a pretty strong bond with Squishy. Ash has formed bonds with other Legendary Pokemon too, but usually just in movies instead of something focused on during the series. It would feel more justified/earned compared to Ash getting a Legendary Pokemon.

He got pretty close to Meloetta, no?

It's been awhile since I've seen BW, so I don't remember how his bond with Meloetta was developed. Still, I don't think it was to the point where I could see them traveling together like I could with Bonnie and Squishy.

I think Latias really wanted him, but I am not sure.

That was in a movie and they definitely wouldn't have something as important as Ash capturing a Legendary Pokemon be in a movie.

I dunno if it's true they initially wanted Latias to go with him.

But I know there's 0% chance for him to catch a Legendary any time soon.

They would make his opponent a Mary Sue like they did with Alain.
Not that fans would like it, but it's still possible to make him lose even with a Legendary.

I know I'll get a lot of backlash for this, but Alain wasn't Mary/Gary Sue.
He had a weakness, that he was easily manipulated. This goes against the fundamental definition of a Mary Sue.

no, I rather loved to see someone with regular pokemon beat the legendaries.
Could see him after 5 more generations battling in a World Tournament with other pokemasters with their legendaries.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom