• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Ash have an actual love interest?

Seeing as I ship AshxMay I would like him to have a Love interest but seeing as how many people support many different ships then if he gets with someone a lot of people will be upset. Major shippings like Advanceshipping, Pokeshipping etc should not happen as many people would argue that Ash should be with someone else. Any person that is shipped with Ash shouldn't end up with someone either as again people will be upset. Say if contestshipping happened I would be upset because I support Advanceshipping even if Ash didn't get with someone as it would ruin the chances of Advanceshipping of ever happening. Shippings that don't involve someone shipped with Ash would be better if they happened as it would mean a lot less people would be upset but no matter what happens youcan't please everybody. Plus its a kids show so I doubt it will come true and we can only follow our own headcanon. So ultimately I would like him to have one but he shouldn't so people don't get upset if a ship they support doesn't becom canon

A lot of people would be upset if Ash had a crush on a girl and/or vice versa. Especially Misty, May, or Dawn fans. Meh - We don't need to have him have a girl for a love interest... XDD. I suggest give Ash a love interest who is a boy LOL. now everybody's happy

I definitely don't think so. Ash having a love interest would completely take away from the focus of the show. It's different if a side character or someone not quite on the same level of importance of Ash (i.e. May) has a love interest because since they're not in the total spotlight of the show, but Ash having a love interest would be ridiculous. Also remember that Ash has absolutely no interest in romance whatsoever. Whatever moments he's had with Misty, May, Dawn, whoever, don't point to him being in a relationship ever and for that I'm glad.

Keep in mind that even though many of us here are teenagers or in our 20s, the main audience is young kids. And these kids most likely watch this show for what is--a show about a young boy and his friends journeying together throughout this fictional world, battling and catching and befriending Pokemon. That is what the show is about, that is what the target audience wants to see, and it's going to stay that way.

Opinions wise, it's different, as obviously there are some people who wish Ash had a love interest. They think the show would be more interesting that way. But personally even though I'm a massive shipper (and I multiship Ash with like, too many characters for me to even think of right now), I do not think Ash should have a love interest. The closest Ash really had to a love interest was when he had small moments with Misty in the original series, and if you ask me that's all the show needs. It doesn't need to focus on Ash being romantically involved with someone. I think the show is enjoyable the way it is without the need for love interests for the main character.

(sorry for the tl;dr DX)

Maybe.
It would make things more interesting, but it might be a little strange.

Man this thread is so ironic. Serena is now the perfect example of what this thread is asking.

While Amourshipping may not go anywhere by the end of XY, the fact that Serena's crush is canon says a lot in itself.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of him being asexual. Even though I am, and will always be a hardcore pokéshipper, I do belive it is probably for the best if no Ash-shipping becomes canon.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of him being asexual. Even though I am, and will always be a hardcore pokéshipper, I do belive it is probably for the best if no Ash-shipping becomes canon.

If that's the case why be a hardcore pokeshipper? Being a casual shipper makes a bit more sense, since hardcore implies you have diehard support for your ship and won't accept anything else.

If they're not doing it with Serena - who has a crush on him, then he's not getting a love interest with anyone.

Alain seems to have a better chance with Manon, but I guess that's because he's older.

If that's the case why be a hardcore pokeshipper? Being a casual shipper makes a bit more sense, since hardcore implies you have diehard support for your ship and won't accept anything else.
It's more like the rational part of me thinks it is probably best if no shipping becomes cannon, but emotionally I am pretty much what you described.

No. It would be too forced and ruin Ash's character. He's a dense guy, let him be.
Exactly!Ash is not interested in love or romance.Making an Ash ship canon would feel forced.So I don't want Ash to end up with anyone.

I think that if Ash got all gooey over some girl then it'd lose something special. 'Cause people holding hands or a rad battle between a Tyranitar and a Samurott. Think about it, it'd get really annoying having to wait through the kissing scenes. xD

I'd like him to have a crush on someone, like a major side character, but she's too busy with her adventure and she has her priorities set on other stuff. Like Ash would blush when their hands touch over a soda pop or he'd save her from a kamikaze Stunfisk, but it wouldn't go anywhere. That'd be cool

I woudn't like ash have a love interest during his journey, and Serena should move on.
But in the future, when he is adult, would be ok seeing some scenes of him married

Let me state that I ship Ash & Misty :love:; however to answer the question of this thread, NO! he should not have a love interest. he is a kid and he's on his Pokemon journey not for love but to battle, train, collect badges, catch Pokemon, make friends etc etc... let him be innocent of romantic love and stuff while we stall have him at this age.

To me the show has only been about one thing and that's Ash and Pikachu's journey and the world of Pokemon. it's never been about romance in my opinion regardless of some tiny moments that don't even take up more then two minuets of an episode when the writers add that stuff.

Now when he is older (whenever that will be, which is up to the creator's) hopefully many, many, many, many, many, many years from now maybe in some epilogue, then yeah show him with who he got together with. I'm hoping and wishing it will be Misty, because I believe they are endgame. :D

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom