• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

Should GameFreak make a Pokémon game with all regions in it?

• Yes

Votes: 67 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 52.5%

• Total voters
Generation II was my favorite, mainly because we could travel to Kanto. If this idea were to happen, I would hope it would be a console game, because I'd want to see every region in full detail. It seems to be too difficult to do that on a small screen, and with the DS hardware.

This concept, while cool, wouldn't actually work out because there's only so much space in a game cart that the developers can work with, and including all six regions in one cart would be hard, considering the large amount of data.

Nope. I doubt even the even the Wii U is powerful enough to make all the regions without one feeling like a dead husk or them all feeling a bit depraved of things.

Also, the point of Pokemon is a fresh experience. This idea just feels like clutching to the past to get some money.

I wouldn't mind it if it was at the end of the series, like a giant bang ending type thing. It shouldn't really be made until then, because more regions would be added and then it would perhaps needed to be updated.

considering the level cap, no. I do not want every region on a single game. Two max please. I'd prefer highly detailed regions over gimped ones (I'd rather two large detailed regions over six watered down [ala Gen 2's Kanto] ones)

I said no. Now why did I say no?

Gamefreak likes to run the 3DS cart storage to the ground for its games. Very rarely does a Gamefreak game not take up all of the storage on a cart. If we were to get all 6 regions on a single cart at this time, the game cart will likely need to be 32 GB or more. I believe that the current 3DS cart maxes out between 4 and 8 GBs. We would likely end up paying well over $60 for this cart if it were to happen and its likely that Nintendo and Gamefreak would not make a profit from it.

Personally I would like a game that has all the *Japanese* regions in it. I would prefer they do this if they also make a Touhoku counterpart since it would at least bridge the gap between Kanto and Sinnoh. Kalos and Unova are too far away to make a heck of a lot of sense as being in the same game with each other or with the first four regions. {But I hope they make a G/S-like game where we get a neighbor to either one of them. So a Philadelphia-based game for Unova or a Spain-or-Germany-based game for Kalos.} Aside from these specific combinations, I don't see either a point or a way to make it make sense.

Unova (New York) might be near Orre (Arizona). We don't really know. :p

But I'd love a game with Kanto, Sevii, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

I would like to see all seven regions in one game. Although, to resolve the issue of levels, you would have to put your previous team in the PC and choose a starter for the region and you can't use high level Pokémon until you collect a certain number of badges.

You know what? If you have to start over every region, what would be the point in putting it in one game? I think I would prefer remakes of every game with a single engine.

Exploring a collection of all the regions would be nice, but for reasons of
Time to complete the game
Time to make the game
Cost to make the game
Hardware limitations
I'm afraid that the negatives outweigh the positives.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The game would be a nightmare. For one thing, your Pokemon would reach level 100 in the time it took to clear maybe 3 regions, making every battle after that either a complete and utter curbstomp, or basically a wi-fi battle where your opponent cheats and has Full Restores. The Pokedex would likely be as bad as if not worse than Kalos'. What with literally having every single one. The sheer amount of time and effort adding fully fleshed out version of all 7+ regions would lead to two possible results:
  1. A ludicrously expensive game.
  2. Watering down the regions to make the thing less intensive (which in my opinion would be in complete opposition to the point of adding all regions)
There's probably a few other reasons not to but I can't think of 'em at the moment.

There's a pretty good video on Youtube that explains why this is practically an impossibility better than I could:

It's just not feasible. At all. And it gets even less so the more regions they create. Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm shutting things down but yeah, the idea is just so unreasonable at this point in the series that there's really no question about it.

While it would be pretty cool to see all of the regions in one game, it'd be hard to fit in a plot with each region's respective Pokemon League and gyms. Not to mention, the amount of space it would require. If anything, it would be worth looking into for a spin-off game, maybe.

I can see it being done to an extent except not as a traditional game where you earn badges and fight the elite four.

If they ever explore more of the Pokemon legends and myths, maybe a game that takes place in the past? A war between the different regions.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a detective game where you travel to different places.

A global competition that involves all regional trainers, but not so much the regions themselves.

Pokemon snap sequel where you travel to multiple regions.

Overall I think it's possible, just depends on the angle of the storyline.

While people are talking about hardware limitations, they are talking about the 3DS. So I wonder, would the Wii U be more capable of a game this size?

I was thinking that there may be a game with all regions but you can go through one region per game file which means you have to delete your old file if you want to explore a different region (Johto and Kanto could be together). Probably wouldn't work though.

Sure! But not a traditional Pokemon game. That would be a disaster.

Make it a spin-off for consoles that is more like a traditional JRPG. Ultimately, in order to work properly, I think it'd have to start off linear and then open up in late game like the older Final Fantasy games. In the beginning, you start off with access to two regions. Probably Kanto/Johto due to their proximity. The regions are more scaled down rather than full size and you have access to a few Pokemon within those regions. HMs don't apply here either - you can simply just cross oceans and fly in the sky. But with one caveat: the Pokemon must be large enough to support your weight. That prevents you from having early access to these travel options as you'll likely only really encounter small flyers like Pidgey, Zubat, or Hoothoot at first. (And if you managed to overgrind, there would probably be some other thing preventing you from leaving at first. Maybe you do have to collect badges in order to leave... at first. And only four of them)

This game would also be more heavily plot-based in my opinion, although it would start off light at first. Then some worldwide conflict escalates the stakes, as typically happens in JRPGs, and forces you to get out and travel the rest of the world. At this point, this great world map (once again, more like an old school JRPG, which I think fits Pokemon better than a huge Skyrim-esque world. Think Final Fantasy from the 90's. Or soaring in ORAS, but far bigger) opens up, and you can traverse it by flying on a Pokemon's back or travelling the oceans. All the regions are just scaled down to single continents dotted with cities. And the rest of the gyms would be optional sidequests that give you bonuses as I think challenging all the gyms in every region as a requirement of the storyline would get stale.

I would totally play that.

In fact, if you did this scaled down approach correctly, I don't see why it wouldn't fit on the 3DS. Although again, I think it'd be better on a console. Maybe NX, maybe Wii U.

Sadly, I doubt Gamefreak would ever do this.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom