• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

What would be the best move set and EVs for a follow me Clefable?
Well, I haven't actually used one before, so I can't help you ont with the specifics, but since you mentioned Follow Me I assume this is for Doubles/VGC? Because if it is, then I'd recomend using Eviolite Clefairy instead, since Clefable does not get Friend Guard, which can help you mitigate the damage of spread moves. Unless you have a specific reason for chosing Clefable over Clefairy, but that's besides the point.

...That's all I really feel confident enough to say, unfortunately.

Thank you for the answers to my previous questions.

There's something else I like to ask you. Which pokemon that can support the team who can change the weather? The reason why I asked is that I like to benefit the sweeper with an attacking move, "Nature Power".

There's something else I like to ask you. Which pokemon that can support the team who can change the weather? The reason why I asked is that I like to benefit the sweeper with an attacking move, "Nature Power".
Depends on the kind of weather you'd like to base your team around. The only Pokemon that can consistently support a team of any weather is Castform, and there are better options than it for specific weather conditions in each case.

Nature Power is not affected by weather, it is affected by terrain; in battles with other players, it will always become Tri Attack. The attack that changes according to weather is named Weather Ball.

Depends on the kind of weather you'd like to base your team around. The only Pokemon that can consistently support a team of any weather is Castform, and there are better options than it for specific weather conditions in each case.

Nature Power is not affected by weather, it is affected by terrain; in battles with other players, it will always become Tri Attack. The attack that changes according to weather is named Weather Ball.

I see. So Nature Power isn't affected by the weather, but affected by terrains. Do you know which pokemon that can give an electric terrain in order for Nature Power to become "Thunderbolt"?

I'd like to raise an Altaria for Mega Altaria, but I want to know if it's more useful as an attacker or a tank. I've heard that both are okay.

EDIT: Also, is Perish Trap Mega Gengar okay for the Battle Maison triples?

Last edited:
I'd like to raise an Altaria for Mega Altaria, but I want to know if it's more useful as an attacker or a tank. I've heard that both are okay.

EDIT: Also, is Perish Trap Mega Gengar okay for the Battle Maison triples?

Mega Altaria makes a good bulky attacker, it has great natural bulk and a usable Sp. Attack, are you planning on using it for doubles or singles? It'll be more effective in doubles because it gets the ability Pixilate which turns Hyper Voice into a Fairy-type move.

Also, Perish Trap Gengar is pretty common in triples from what I've seen. I've been prepping for a triples competition called the Unova Classic and it seems to be a frequent strategy there, too. Although it's harder in that because no Megas allowed so they pair Gengar up with either Wobbuffet or Gothitelle.

I have a question I like to ask of you. What is the best nature for the 20th anniversary Victini? Its moves are incinerate, quick attack, endure,and confusion. Although it can learn sacred shot. If the 20th anniversary Victini can learn the moves V-Create, Fusion Bolt,and/or Bolt Strike, then I know which nature I would choose.

Two of my friends were battling. Golurk used Phantom Force and the defending Umbreon used Foul Play and it hit, but the Golurk wasn't there. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of my friends were battling. Golurk used Phantom Force and the defending Umbreon used Foul Play and it hit, but the Golurk wasn't there. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Golurk had No Guard as its Ability, which means that all moves used by it and its opponents will always hit regardless of accuracy or things like the semi-invulnerable turn of Phantom Force, Dig, Fly, etc

I had been soft resetting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for a while to get a careful nature Zygarde. When I finally got a careful nature Zygarde, it's has 31IVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense, but it's attack is at 6IVs and the speed is at 12. Should I continue to get a Zygarde with better IVs or just leave it as is? The move set is Camouflage, extreme speed, dragon dance, and earthquake.

I had been soft resetting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for a while to get a careful nature Zygarde. When I finally got a careful nature Zygarde, it's has 31IVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense, but it's attack is at 6IVs and the speed is at 12. Should I continue to get a Zygarde with better IVs or just leave it as is? The move set is Camouflage, extreme speed, dragon dance, and earthquake.

You want max attack and max speed either way, but if you're going for Careful, the set you want is the following:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

For a Dragon Dance set, you're looking at an Adamant nature:

Zygarde @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge/Extreme Speed

Camouflage is a bad move and shouldn't be used.

You want max attack and max speed either way, but if you're going for Careful, the set you want is the following:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

For a Dragon Dance set, you're looking at an Adamant nature:

Zygarde @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge/Extreme Speed

Camouflage is a bad move and shouldn't be used.
What do you think about Jolly natured Zygarde?

I think that it doesn't really outspeed anything relevant that Adamant doesn't after a DD boost
Zygarde has 95 base speed and after dragon dance, it may not be able to outspeed faster dragon dancers like Dragonigte, even with a Jolly nature. Adamant with life orb and Dragon dance is better.

Zygarde has 95 base speed and after dragon dance, it may not be able to outspeed faster dragon dancers like Dragonigte, even with a Jolly nature. Adamant with life orb and Dragon dance is better.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Jolly Dragonite is slower than Adamant Zygarde, just so you know, so if they have both DDd an equal number of times, Zygarde will always be faster, even with Adamant.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Jolly Dragonite is slower than Adamant Zygarde, just so you know, so if they have both DDd an equal number of times, Zygarde will always be faster, even with Adamant.
I didn't realize Dragonite's speed until you told me.

@UB-01 Kenobi I got Zygarde with 31IVs on HP, Attack, and Defense, 240 on SP.Defense with a Careful nature. It's speed is at 202 with only 7IVs. Should I keep Zygarde as it is since this is the best one I got so far or should I continue soft resetting?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom