• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Shiny pokemon

I've heard rumors that tipping a lot increases shiny encounters.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Thanks for the replies all, I am going to head to the Pokemon basics site and take a look at that, one question I have though is on the experience share how does that actually work, and should I keep it on...

Definitely keep the EXP Share on. No reason to turn it off unless you're carefully training specific stats on specific Pokemon. (If you get really into Pokemon, you can learn how to do that. It's by no means required but the end result is a more effective team.) The EXP Share gives EXP equal to half of the EXP received from battle by each Pokemon who appeared to any other non-fainted Pokemon in your party who didn't appear. So for example, if you have a full, healthy party, and you complete a battle in which Fennekin and Pikachu appeared and got 50 EXP each, then the other four Pokemon in your party who didn't appear in the battle will get 25 EXP each.

Since I seem to be finding only very vague answers, what is the best way to level pokemon after the league?

Also, where do you get the hatching o-power? I seem to have missed it.

Last edited:

Since I seem to be finding only very vague answers, what is the best way to level pokemon after the league?

Also, where do you get the hatching o-power? I seem to have missed it.

The most consistent way is by re-challenging the Pokémon League. You can also have a daily re-battle with your rival friend in Kiloude City, and their Pokémon's levels are pretty up there (their starter Pokémon hits a high of Lvl. 70). The Looker side-quest requires you to battle trainers, so you can get some experience from that, as well. The Battle Chateau is also a great place; you can battle new trainers there every few hours. The more trainers you defeat, the higher your rank; and the higher your rank, the stronger your opponents become overall. (You can also issue Writs that make your opponent's Pokémon even stronger than their base levels, or Writs that increase the number of trainers that go through the Chateau during the day.) My Pokémon have had a ~30-level increase since becoming Champion, and I haven't even re-battled the E4 yet (they're at Lvl. 91 now).

And the Hatching O-Power can be found in Lumiose City after reaching maximum happiness.

Got it. Many thanks. No idea what Max Style is though.

Aaaaaaalso, where do you find the mega stones for Gardevoir and Garchomp, and/or is there a decent guide anywhere that shows where the other mega stones are?

Last edited:

Got it. Many thanks.

Aaaaaaalso, where do you find the mega stones for Gardevoir and Garchomp, and/or is there a decent guide anywhere that shows where the other mega stones are?
You get the Gardevoirite from Diantha, she trades you a Ralts (for anything) that is holding the stone.

Garchompite is found on Victory Road. To the left of the person who heals your Pokemon, there is a wall that you hit with Rock Smash. In that area is a tower and the stone is found at the base of that tower.

You get the Gardevoirite from Diantha, she trades you a Ralts (for anything) that is holding the stone.
...and who is Diantha and where is he/she?
Ah well she's in Lumiose City in one of the cafes, you run into her with Lysandre I think. Not sure if it's available before you beat the Elite Four, since I found her in the cafe after I beat the game.

...and who is Diantha and where is he/she?
Ah well she's in Lumiose City in one of the cafes, you run into her with Lysandre I think. Not sure if it's available before you beat the Elite Four, since I found her in the cafe after I beat the game.

Only after E4.

And if Souperzombie doesn't know who is Diantha, I'm not sure if I should do the spoiler...
she's the Champion.

And what Cafe is that? Lumiose is a big place with a lot of cafe's. You're being pretty vague here.

Also I have beaten Diantha. I just forgot her name.

And what Cafe is that? Lumiose is a big place with a lot of cafe's. You're being pretty vague here.

Also I have beaten Diantha. I just forgot her name.
Sorry tried not to spoil anything since I wasn't sure how far you were and the name of the cafe escaped me at the time. Upon looking it up, it's Cafe Soleil in South Boulevard.

Is there an item collector for things like Big Pearls like there was in Gen V?

Is it possible to trade mega stones to and from different versions, e.g. Charizardinite X to Pokemon Y?

Where can you find different colors of Flabebe? all I can find is yellow

PSS problems

I can't not connect to PSS for the life of me. My 3ds can connect to the internet as in web browsing and eshop. It won't however connect in the actual game. HELP!!!

Is there an item collector for things like Big Pearls like there was in Gen V?

It doesn't look like they make a return--there's someone who references the ore collector in the Stone Emporium, but he never asks for my Nuggets or Big Pearls when I talk to him.

Is it possible to trade mega stones to and from different versions, e.g. Charizardinite X to Pokemon Y?

Yup!

Where can you find different colors of Flabebe? all I can find is yellow

There should be different-colored flowers on the routes were Flabébé can be found. Each color produces a different-colored Flabébé, so just vary where you look for them.

How do you tell what a Pokemon's IVs are like this gen (other than its vague characteristic)?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom