• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

How do you tell what a Pokemon's IVs are like this gen (other than its vague characteristic)?

I'm not sure on exacts, but in the post-game, there's a guy in Kiloude City - I think in the Pokémon Center - who tells you your pokémon's best stats, all arounds, and if it has an awful one. Was quite nice to hear that my Xerneas had 3 perfect ones!

How do you tell what a Pokemon's IVs are like this gen (other than its vague characteristic)?

I'm not sure on exacts, but in the post-game, there's a guy in Kiloude City - I think in the Pokémon Center - who tells you your pokémon's best stats, all arounds, and if it has an awful one. Was quite nice to hear that my Xerneas had 3 perfect ones!

Oh, excellent, how convenient.

Also if you do the Super Training you can see what I think are the IVs represented on a graph along with the EVs. Don't quote me on this.

Articuno the new roaming dog?

So I encountered an Articuno the other day and for the life of me cannot figure out how to catch it. Just like in generation 2, it acts like a legendary dog and tries to run away. The problem is that I never get to make any action against it. It appears, I toss my pokemon and then it runs away. I've even tried using a wobbuffet with the ability shadow tag, but that does work. Any tips or ideas on what to do?

Also if you do the Super Training you can see what I think are the IVs represented on a graph along with the EVs. Don't quote me on this.

I haven't bothered breeding yet, but I always assumed the green area within a Pokemon's Super Training graph might have been the EVs it has already accumulated before capture. Although IVs might make sense too? It's the only part of the graph that doesn't change (the graph usually zooms out a bit when you ST to max, yet the green area stays just as big as always).

I've heard rumors that tipping increases the chance of encountering shines, and I want to test this out. Does anyone know places where you can tip people, excluding the restaurants, etc?

Aaaaaaaaaaaalso, what's the best way to get money?

Re: Articuno the new roaming dog?

So I encountered an Articuno the other day and for the life of me cannot figure out how to catch it. Just like in generation 2, it acts like a legendary dog and tries to run away. The problem is that I never get to make any action against it. It appears, I toss my pokemon and then it runs away. I've even tried using a wobbuffet with the ability shadow tag, but that does work. Any tips or ideas on what to do?

Your legendary bird is going to automatically run away from you for the first dozen (?) times you see it roaming. After those dozen times, it'll be stationary in the Sea Spirit's Den (is that the name of the cave? it's off of Route 12) and you can catch it there.

I've heard rumors that tipping increases the chance of encountering shines, and I want to test this out. Does anyone know places where you can tip people, excluding the restaurants, etc?

Aaaaaaaaaaaalso, what's the best way to get money?

The photographers ask for a tip, so just take lots of photos around Kalos. (You can also get a shiny Medal on the PGL for doing this!) The Butler and Maid in the Battle Chateau also ask for a tip after they answer one of your questions, which leads to my next point--

I've been having a lot of success getting money by battling Trainers in the Battle Chateau. Just issue a Writ of Invitation and check the Chateau every few hours. (This writ increases the number of people who come to the Chateau throughout the day. The gold one is best, which you unlock after raising your rank some in the Chateau.) Also make sure you give your lead Pokémon the Amulet Coin to hold. There are also trainers who re-spawn every so often in Lumoise's alleyways, so that's another source of income. And speaking of Lumiose, doing tasks in Hotel Richissime also gives you money, and the more tasks you do well, the more money you get over time.

How do you evolve Magneton and Nosepass in this game? There's a spot for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon, so I'm assuming there's a Mt Coronet/Chargestone replacement here too.

I believe you have to chase it until you get it to Azure Bay, at which point it will settle down in the Sea Spirit's Den. I'm not sure exactly how to guide it there, though.

I haven't bothered breeding yet, but I always assumed the green area within a Pokemon's Super Training graph might have been the EVs it has already accumulated before capture. Although IVs might make sense too? It's the only part of the graph that doesn't change (the graph usually zooms out a bit when you ST to max, yet the green area stays just as big as always).

Pokémon don't accumulate EVs until after they've been captured. I think the green area represents the Pokémon's base stats and IVs combined, though it might be just base stats by themselves.

Do you think it's most likely they will be making Pokémon Z?

How do you evolve Magneton and Nosepass in this game? There's a spot for Eevee to evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon, so I'm assuming there's a Mt Coronet/Chargestone replacement here too.

Route 13.

Uber Catcher Pokemon?

Back in B/W I used Smeargle because of False Swipe, Spore, Fly and any evasive move you could want. This time around, when it came time to face Xerneas, instead of leveling up a Smeargle to do the job I went for a Shedinja. Had the Nincada learn False Swipe, Rest (to avoid possible Fire/Poison DoTs), Sleep Talk and Flash. Xerneas wasn't able to touch it, so I was able to catch it while level 20 after a hard hit from one of my leveled dudes. After using Flash the max amount and whittling it's HP to 1 I switched to a level 9 Pikachu I taught Thunder Wave to. Caught it with 1 Ultraball. :thumbup:

What methods do you perfer to catch with? I obviously can't rely on Shedinja for all the uber catches and wont be able to level Smeargle effeciently till I get to post game where I can exploit ditto's to teach it the moves it needs.

Re: Uber Catcher Pokemon?

Back in B/W I used Smeargle because of False Swipe, Spore, Fly and any evasive move you could want. This time around, when it came time to face Xerneas, instead of leveling up a Smeargle to do the job I went for a Shedinja. Had the Nincada learn False Swipe, Rest (to avoid possible Fire/Poison DoTs), Sleep Talk and Flash. Xerneas wasn't able to touch it, so I was able to catch it while level 20 after a hard hit from one of my leveled dudes. After using Flash the max amount and whittling it's HP to 1 I switched to a level 9 Pikachu I taught Thunder Wave to. Caught it with 1 Ultraball. :thumbup:

What methods do you perfer to catch with? I obviously can't rely on Shedinja for all the uber catches and wont be able to level Smeargle effeciently till I get to post game where I can exploit ditto's to teach it the moves it needs.

you just wasted your time

xerneas/yveltal are so easy to catch its not funny

On virtually all but the legendaries I've gotten to the point where around 75% of the time a quick ball will catch anything (does work on some legendaries as well). Otherwise I either kill some time and then use a timer ball, or just knock the thing out (non-legendaries).

I have a Pikachu, and I want to teach it Iron Tail. Does anyone know if this is possible in Pokemon X, and how I would go about doing it?

I have a Pikachu, and I want to teach it Iron Tail. Does anyone know if this is possible in Pokemon X, and how I would go about doing it?

Pikachu can't learn it naturally, nor can it learn it as an egg move. Iron Tail, unfortunately, is not a TM in Kalos, so the only way to get a Pikachu with Iron Tail is to wait until Pokemon Bank comes out and transfer one.

Does anyone know how some players show up with gym leader sprites on the PSS? I've seen some with Clemont and Wulfric, and I was curious if anyone knows how to do it.

Does anyone know how some players show up with gym leader sprites on the PSS? I've seen some with Clemont and Wulfric, and I was curious if anyone knows how to do it.
At the Profile section of the PSS screen tap your name. From there you can change your Public Icon to that of a Gym Leader or trainer.

Any of you guys doing the Hotel Richissme jobs daily? I'm on the 4th floor (20k pokedollar) jobs and doing the lost and find job is exploring the whole floor for 3 hidden items without the dowsing machine. Is there an easy way to do this job?

I've been doing these jobs, and unfortunately I haven't found an easy way to find the items--just keeping pressing A at each tile and hope for the best. :/

Something I noticed while doing these jobs on the 3rd floor--and this might just be a coincidence--is that there were a set number of spots where I could always find the missing items, and that I would be able to find all the items by the time I finished checking those five or six spots (it's similar to how Feebas are caught in RSE). I just got to the 4th floor, so I haven't had enough time to see if the same thing works for this floor, but I'm gonna test it and see if the same thing applies to this floor. And again, it might just be a coincidence, so we'll see.

i found out that on the 4th floor lost and found jobs, the lost items will be at the flower vases on the sides of the hall. makes it way easier knowing this

Does any one know when my accomplishments in BW GTL becomes pokemiles?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom