• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I don't know if there's a separate thread for new Pokemon's base stats...but does anyone know what stat Pumpkaboo is best in?

I don't know if there's a separate thread for new Pokemon's base stats...but does anyone know what stat Pumpkaboo is best in?
I found these on a thread from Smogon.
Base 70/80/120/50/75/90 (Small Size)
Base ?/?/?/?/?/? (Average Size)
Base ?/?/?/?/?/? (Large Size)
Base 84-99 / 99-115 / 122-138 / 56-72 / 74-90 / 46-62 (Super Size)

I've heard rumors that tipping increases the chance of encountering shines, and I want to test this out. Does anyone know places where you can tip people, excluding the restaurants, etc?

Aaaaaaaaaaaalso, what's the best way to get money?

You can tip the musician and the photographer as well.

I haven't heard this rumor--unfortunately I've been a bit stingy with my tips since I didn't see the point of it--but I may have to start being less frugal now!

Also, if you want to earn more money, fight trainers with your head battler holding a Luck Incense or Amulet Coin. That's the obvious place to start, but figured I'd mention it just in case...

I got a female Quilladin on GTS and bred it. All of the eggs and baby Chespin are now contained in timer balls. Why timer balls of all things?

Was the other parent caught in a Timer Ball? That could be why.

Alright, simple one; why is it people still haven't learned not to put things like Corphish on the new GTS and ask for Yvetal, Xerneas or unobtainable pokemon like Mudkip?

EDIT: Also, why do so many people seem to think they can get the three rumour pokemon on the GTS? It's one thing just to test out if the GTS recognises it, but it's another thing for so many pokemon to ask for them and dare have the tagline "pls trade"

Last edited:
Berry and Plate for Fairy

So... I've been playing Pokemon X, yeah? Then somewhere in the game I encounter this berry that decreases the super effectiveness of Fairy-type attacks, I forgot the name sorry... But now that being mentioned, is there a Plate that turns Arcues into a Fairy-type? That'll be quite intriguing!

Any of you guys doing the Hotel Richissme jobs daily? I'm on the 4th floor (20k pokedollar) jobs and doing the lost and find job is exploring the whole floor for 3 hidden items without the dowsing machine. Is there an easy way to do this job?

I've been doing these jobs, and unfortunately I haven't found an easy way to find the items--just keeping pressing A at each tile and hope for the best. :/

Something I noticed while doing these jobs on the 3rd floor--and this might just be a coincidence--is that there were a set number of spots where I could always find the missing items, and that I would be able to find all the items by the time I finished checking those five or six spots (it's similar to how Feebas are caught in RSE). I just got to the 4th floor, so I haven't had enough time to see if the same thing works for this floor, but I'm gonna test it and see if the same thing applies to this floor. And again, it might just be a coincidence, so we'll see.

i found out that on the 4th floor lost and found jobs, the lost items will be at the flower vases on the sides of the hall. makes it way easier knowing this

I just tried this today, and yup--got the missing items from the flower vases! So I'm gonna keep checking them and see what's up. Thanks a lot for mentioning this! :)

Does any one know when my accomplishments in BW GTL becomes pokemiles?

It's tentatively scheduled to take place at the end of January 2014. (Check the bottom of this page.)

I have a quick question--does anyone know how to stop those popups from coming up when you have the PSS active on the touch screen? I really don't need the game to tell me for the tenth time what Wonder Trade does...

Friend Safari question. I got on my friends 3DS and saw my type was Poison with Seviper and Venemoth (add me) but the third Pokemon slot is still blank. All my research has pointed to saying that you need to beat the E4 but ive done that more then once? Anyone know the deal?

Friend Safari question. I got on my friends 3DS and saw my type was Poison with Seviper and Venemoth (add me) but the third Pokemon slot is still blank. All my research has pointed to saying that you need to beat the E4 but ive done that more then once? Anyone know the deal?

Both 3ds' have to be connected to the internet in-game so that the 3rd pokemon is unlocked.

Re: Berry and Plate for Fairy

So... I've been playing Pokemon X, yeah? Then somewhere in the game I encounter this berry that decreases the super effectiveness of Fairy-type attacks, I forgot the name sorry... But now that being mentioned, is there a Plate that turns Arcues into a Fairy-type? That'll be quite intriguing!

Yeah, there is the Pixie Plate. Forgot where it's found though.

Re: Berry and Plate for Fairy

The Pixie Plate is in-game which turns Arceus into a Fairy-type.

Pokemon Village, on the end of Route 20, the Winding Woods. I think you need Waterfall to get to the Plate.

I have a Pikachu, and I want to teach it Iron Tail. Does anyone know if this is possible in Pokemon X, and how I would go about doing it?

Pikachu can't learn it naturally, nor can it learn it as an egg move. Iron Tail, unfortunately, is not a TM in Kalos, so the only way to get a Pikachu with Iron Tail is to wait until Pokemon Bank comes out and transfer one.
Wow, that sucks :/

Does anyone know how some players show up with gym leader sprites on the PSS? I've seen some with Clemont and Wulfric, and I was curious if anyone knows how to do it.

This was probably asked somwhere already, but still...

How does one get a second heart for a pokemon in amie? I think I've wasted around 2 hours to no avail

You get your hearts with hard work. Meaning, you have to feed your pokemon many poufflés (or whatever the sweets are called on your game) and pet it very often. In short, don't give up!

You get your hearts with hard work. Meaning, you have to feed your pokemon many poufflés (or whatever the sweets are called on your game) and pet it very often. In short, don't give up!

Thank you. Now I know I was doing everything right :D

Damn ><

The fancier the sweet (Ones with chocolate and strawberries over frosting, etc) the more hearts you get.
Also, you can't feed or pet your Pokemon too much otherwise you'll just get musical notes. Make sure to do some minigames in between feedings.

This was probably asked somwhere already, but still...

How does one get a second heart for a pokemon in amie? I think I've wasted around 2 hours to no avail

I have 5 hearts on whole my team. You just feed Pokepuffs and pet them. When you just get notes from them and not hearts you should play some mini games. When you have done that, pet/feed again. And continue.

I'm sort of new to team optimization. That being said, I would like help to find some optimal move sets for some pokemon I want to use. It be probably best to PM me your suggestions. The Pokemon are:
Blaziken,Alakazam,Gryados,Metagross,Dusknoir,Hydreigon,Greninja,Meowstic,Florges,Aegislash,Hawlucha, and Charizard. All are male except for Hyrdeigon, Meowstic, and Florges, FYI. Thanks in advanced!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom