• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Would anyone know where to locate a walkthrough strategy guide for Pokemon emerald?
If you’re talking about a physical one, I’d go for eBay. Though, they’re pricey at around $30 USD in used condition. (there’s also shipping too) Stores in-person you could check out are your local video game store or local bookstore. (Chain video game stores or bookstores likely won’t have them)

Bulbapedia actually has a walkthrough directly made for Pokémon Emerald instead of just Ruby and Sapphire. I presume lots of Ruby and Sapphire guides also work for Emerald. Here’s a Link to it.

Hi everyone! Hope your all doing well ^~^
I'm playing emerald and I'm a little bit stuck and the strategywiki is not really helpful. I'm trying to figure out where to go next and how to get there. Route 122, or 123? But when I use surf I'm blocked by rocks in the water. I have looked as hard as I can and can't figure out where to go. If anyone out there could help me, I would truly appreciate it.

Screenshot_2023-09-09-18-07-21-591.jpg

If I understand the screenshot right, you are trying to surf exactly south from Lilycove City? There is nothing there.

To find Route 122, you need to backtrack a bit to the west back to Route 121, then south from the Safari Zone building (the only building in the Route) to a patch of water. Route 123 is further south from that...

Story-wise, you only need to go to Mt. Pyre, which is the cave at the middle south of Route 122. Then hug the west wall (not the stairs on the building interior) and ascend to the summit area from the exterior you find there.

Ok i went into team aquas hideout and they tell me to go to mount chimney to find a Pokemon but team magma is nowhere to be seen. I have 6 badges and sorry for not mentioning that before.

This game is harder then landing a 747 using the autopilot! Thanks for your help guys but I think I'll leave the game, its too bloody hard to figure out.

If I understand the screenshot right, you are trying to surf exactly south from Lilycove City? There is nothing there.

To find Route 122, you need to backtrack a bit to the west back to Route 121, then south from the Safari Zone building (the only building in the Route) to a patch of water. Route 123 is further south from that...

Story-wise, you only need to go to Mt. Pyre, which is the cave at the middle south of Route 122. Then hug the west wall (not the stairs on the building interior) and ascend to the summit area from the exterior you find there.
Ok I'll check it a bit later on. Thanks for your advice, it's helpful any advice I can get. But honestly it's easier trying to land a Jumbo Jet in full fog on the category three ILS approach without using the auto pilot.

Last edited:
Ok i went into team aquas hideout and they tell me to go to mount chimney to find a Pokemon but team magma is nowhere to be seen. I have 6 badges and sorry for not mentioning that before.

This game is harder then landing a 747 using the autopilot! Thanks for your help guys but I think I'll leave the game, its too bloody hard to figure out.
Did you go to Mount Pyre like Mela said ? You need to go there too. And then to Mount Chimney and Jagged Pass.

Hello again! I'm stuck again on emerald. I cant seem to get into the 8th gym, the door is closed. I read the strategy wiki and I dont know who wrote it but Wallace is not around the city of the 8th gym. Could anyone please assist me?

Hello again! I'm stuck again on emerald. I cant seem to get into the 8th gym, the door is closed. I read the strategy wiki and I dont know who wrote it but Wallace is not around the city of the 8th gym. Could anyone please assist me?
Route 128, Dive, Seafloor Cavern

Help with w2b2 Hey I am playing through w2b2 and was wondering if I could get Archeops before beating the game somehow because I think to get Nacrene city you need to beat the game first

Help with w2b2 Hey I am playing through w2b2 and was wondering if I could get Archeops before beating the game somehow because I think to get Nacrene city you need to beat the game first
Indeed, in order to get to Nacrene City, you have to beat the game first. If you want to use Archeops before betting the game, you have to trade one into your game.

Well I have a DSi xl and New 3ds but I modded the 3ds to play w2 and since I don't want to take out a loan I don't own any physical gen 5 games so what can I do?
Indeed, in order to get to Nacrene City, you have to beat the game first. If you want to use Archeops before betting the game, you have to trade one into your game.

Well I have a DSi xl and New 3ds but I modded the 3ds to play w2 and since I don't want to take out a loan I don't own any physical gen 5 games so what can I do?
I already put this in the other thread and i dunno if youre still looking for help but as long as the rom is clean/unpatched/whatever you should be able to setup an unofficial server like pokeclassic, if you put something random up in the GTS (version exclusives are best) after that someone will eventually trade you it

Back
Top Bottom