• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

I have a question regarding the Easy Chat System in Generation 3. At what point do I get the ability to pick moves that I have seen used and add them to phrases in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? Asking because I already have two Gym Badges in Pokémon Sapphire and the option for "Moves" doesn't appear in my Easy Chat menu.

Hey is there a way to get a hidden ability Xatu in ORAS?

Hey where can I get a shiny Blacephalon
In UltraSun, you can get a regular one through the story and make it shiny if you restart the game a high number of times (chances of 1 in 680), though you can't get another one if you already obtained a regular one.

In Sword & Shield you can find it in the Crown Tundra DLC as one of the bosses of Dynamax Adventures, and has a 1 in 100 chance to be shiny, though you can't get another one if you already obtained a regular one.

Hey I’m playing swsh and want to shiny hunt for a Blacephalon but on top of that I want it in a beast ball what is the fastest way to quickly farm beast balls? because reseting the game after checking for shininess takes way to much Dynite ore

Last edited:
It appears that FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald can be connected to Pokemon box. However, it doesn’t look like it can stream those games. I don’t have those games so I cannot 100% confirms what I am saying unfortunately. I found the information from here:

Hey I want to get a shiny Hydreigon (in a 3ds title for a ribbon) where do you think I should get it?
(for progress in each game in ORAS I just beat wallace and in XY I just beat the first gym and in USUM the other game I have they are not available)

Hey I want to get a shiny Hydreigon (in a 3ds title for a ribbon) where do you think I should get it?
(for progress in each game in ORAS I just beat wallace and in XY I just beat the first gym and in USUM the other game I have they are not available)
Hi, if you want a shiny Hydreigon I recommend using the dexnav method in ORAS to get a shiny Deino but you have to catch Groudon/Kyogre in order to do that.
You can also directly get a Hydreigon on the XY Victory Road but it's rare (5%).

I are ready have kyogre so I will be doing that thanks

Are there any major drawbacks to playing the core Gen 8 and 9 Pokemon games on a Switch Lite? Like, I was thinking about buying one, but I dunno if there's any down sides, like maybe some features from the games don't work on the Switch Lite?

No besides not being able the play them on the tv which have no features locked behind them

Just started playing Sword and I have 3 quick questions:

1. Is there a way to level up multiple Pokemon without having to do anything similar to Poke Pelago?

2. When you buy the Expansion Pass does it only unlock the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra in one Gen 8 game or multiple?

3. Is catching Zacian/Zamazenta difficult? I haven't gotten to that point yet but I ask because while on the GTS I noticed that almost every single Zacian and Zamazenta that I got via trades were caught in Master Balls. :x

Just started playing Sword and I have 3 quick questions:

1. Is there a way to level up multiple Pokemon without having to do anything similar to Poke Pelago?

2. When you buy the Expansion Pass does it only unlock the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra in one Gen 8 game or multiple?

3. Is catching Zacian/Zamazenta difficult? I haven't gotten to that point yet but I ask because while on the GTS I noticed that almost every single Zacian and Zamazenta that I got via trades were caught in Master Balls. :x

To answer your questions in order:

1) Sort of. There's Poke Jobs, where you send Mons out to certain companies to do work for them. They gain EXP, and you get money and items. I never really used it much so I can't say too much about it, but it's about the closest you'll get to Poke Pelago in SWSH.

2) You need to buy an Expansion Pass for each version, as there are some version differences (not just Mons this time, but story characters, too). So if you buy an Expansion Pass for Sword, you'll need to buy the Shield version Expansion Pass to get the content for that version. But each Expansion Pass gives you both IoA and CT, so you're not missing out on the actual areas or stories themselves, just the available Mons and certain characters.

3) Zacian and Zamazenta have very low catch rates, so, yeah, they're hard to catch normally. Which is why you're seeing a lot of GTS offers with the wolves in Master Balls, as not only are they difficult to catch, but they're tough battles, too. So most people just cut to the chase and use their Master Ball on them because it's the easiest method.

Hope this helps.

In SwSh, what (if any) opponents use full restores/status heals?

For the most part, it appears only rival characters (Hop, Bede, and Marnie) tend to use a single Potion-type item (depending on where the battle takes place in the story), and only in regular battles, not during the Champion Cup and such. And I think Leon might uses a single Full Restore during his Champion Title Battle. Otherwise I can't recall any other characters, like NPCs or major characters, using any items. Though Klara/Avery do cheat in their final story battle in IoA by using Toxic Spikes/Psychic Terrain before the battle even starts, but that's another can of Wurmple. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom