• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Six Pokémon Challenge

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and a while ago, I came up with a "challenge" to encourage diversity in Pokémon fanfiction. I've decided to bring it back.

Basically, go onto a random Pokémon generator, such as this one. Since this is fanfiction, not competitive, leave Ubers, NFEs, and forms checked. Once you've gotten your six Pokémon, write about them. You can do this however you want.

I've decided to combine mine with five emotion-themes (tranquillity, joy, discord, indecision, and sorrow), with one oneshot per theme, meaning that two Pokémon will have to share a theme. I got Cosmog, Litwick, Seismitoad, Dustox, Poochyena, and Doduo.

I got Beautifly, Simipour, Reuniclus, Aurorus, Comfey, and Trevenant.

Note: That was my second roll. My first was six mythics.

I got Beautifly, Simipour, Reuniclus, Aurorus, Comfey, and Trevenant.

Note: That was my second roll. My first was six mythics.
So you unchecked NFEs? And for you second point, what are the odds?

But have you decided what you're going to do with these Pokémon? You can take your time, but when I did this over a year ago on another website, most people forgot about it.

...Did I come off as rude? I hope not...

So you unchecked NFEs? And for you second point, what are the odds?

I left everything checked as you said. It was just how the roll turned out.

But have you decided what you're going to do with these Pokémon? You can take your time, but when I did this over a year ago on another website, most people forgot about it.

...Did I come off as rude? I hope not...

I haven't decided yet. I'll look it over in a few hours. Inspiration will strike soon enough.

You're fine :)

My Cosmog + tranquillity story will be Nebby character introspection.

I also have a vague idea about Poochyena, about a noble hyena-dog-dog-hyena defending his homeland, with inspiration from that thread about making types evil. But this Poochyena won't be a misunderstood emo.

My advice:

Cosmog - Tranquility
Litwick - Discord
Seismatoad - Sorrow
Dustox - Joy
Poochyena - Joy
Doduo - Indicision

Raticate - Seemingly uses deceptive and dirty tricks with people, a thief whom seems cold and unapprocable, is mostly just doing what he can to survive.
Paras - A young pokemon afflicated with a dangerous disease when he was young, mostly still sees the world through optimistic eyes.
Morelull - Rather cute, uses this to there advantage, good at card tricks and beggings magic or 'slight of hand'. Probably a member of a 'bubbly' exploration team, but rarley puts into consideration the morality of thier actions.
Koffing - Innocent, yet rather tricky. Enjoys destroying or breaking stuff for the fun of it, generally messy. Probably dosen't believe in 'good' and 'evil' as static entities.
Spritzee - Pretends to be helpful, and kindly. They have a gentle voice, but tend to use their charisma for manipulative purposes.
Empoleon ★ - Leader of a large and prestigious team, very dignified but also arrogant, says they don't have time for those who are 'unworthy' or 'weak' but can be rather warm and sensitive once you get to know them.

It was kind of fun, so I'll do it again, why not.
Mawile Mega - Has a high pitched voice, frequently laughs at others misfortune but a bit of a flirt, idealizes the shiny Empoleon and wishes to one day belong to his team. Absolutely ruthless during a fight.
Yamask - Incredibly troubled, possibly depressed. Is haunted with frequent dreadful nightmares and misses the days he once had as a member of the living.
Emboar - Everyone seems to think of them as the classical 'strong guy' with little muscles to back up their strength, but they are actually rather intelligent and good at solving puzzles, they still have a temper though.
Zapdos - Daring, thoughtful and mysterious. Mostly isn't fond of being seen or visited by regular Pokemon, very goal-driven and ambitious they go for what the seek and have a good time reaching targets they set for themselves. Might occasionally cause thunderstorms for the fun of it.
Ducklett - Rather calm Pokemon that is somewhat silly but surprisingly analytical and talented at times, possibly in a team with Morelull.
Magmar - Bold, with a hearty laugh. A former explorer who had grown old and also lazy as times have gone on, he frequently looks back to his younger, more adventurous days. He still has quite the temper though.

Last edited:
Raticate - Seemingly uses deceptive and dirty tricks with people, a thief whom seems cold and unapprocable, is mostly just doing what he can to survive.
Paras - A young pokemon afflicated with a dangerous disease when he was young, mostly still sees the world through optimistic eyes.
Morelull - Rather cute, uses this to there advantage, good at card tricks and beggings magic or 'slight of hand'. Probably a member of a 'bubbly' exploration team, but rarley puts into consideration the morality of thier actions.
Koffing - Innocent, yet rather tricky. Enjoys destroying or breaking stuff for the fun of it, generally messy. Probably dosen't believe in 'good' and 'evil' as static entities.
Spritzee - Pretends to be helpful, and kindly. They have a gentle voice, but tend to use their charisma for manipulative purposes.
Empoleon ★ - Leader of a large and prestigious team, very dignified but also arrogant, says they don't have time for those who are 'unworthy' or 'weak' but can be rather warm and sensitive once you get to know them.
Why is the Empoleon starred? Shiny?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom