• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM006: The Shocking and Prickly Togedemaru!

This might be my favourite yet.

Satoshi was dreamy in this episode. From putting on the washing machine, cleaning, puking on Pikachu, giving himself an ice cream headache... My golden boy! Speaking of the washing machine, lol @ how Kukui's only clothes are a million labcoats. Also Mokuroh escaping the backpack in the nick of time the first time, and then not escaping later on in the episode made me LOL! ALso also Mokuroh taking a bunch of Rotom selfies <3

Maamane is fab. I liked that he wasn't all "omg woo Satoshi let's go play"! Is he embarrassed about liking sweet things? I would be so up for a body issues storyline with him. The post-episode bedtime scene was also v. cute. I really like Togedemaru, she's possibly my favourite of the clones. I just hope she gets more development/chance to shine than her predecessors. Akemi Omode can't help but remind us (as if we'd forget!) that she is the ship tease writer of the series thank you very much, by throwing in the nugget that Togedemaru is a girl whilst she is nuzzling on top of Pikachu :rolleyes:

Aww, nice to see TRio working in the food industry again. Is Musashi struggling to open doors whilst Kojiro coolly sorts it out a thing now? I'm not even kidding, I forgot about Kiteruguma this week and genuinely fell for "Pikachu is saved, he's charging up his thunderbolt, TRio's gonna blast off". This gag has not yet disappointed!

Btw, this is the first one I've seen live in ages. WHY is the Pokemon Pan advert still in circulation and WHY haven't they at least refreshed it with gen 7 pokemon?! That advert kills me every time.

I'm simply loving the slice of life vibe they're giving this series.
Also, thank goodness Team Rocket never left the anime when they had the chance.

Good episode from the looks of it, really hit home with the comedy routine... probably give a better in-depth analysis when I can watch the full episode instead of relying on still shots for the moment.

I felt like this episode was really slow paced, and I didn't like how the episode ignored if the security door issue got fixed or not. However, the Bewear gag this episode was great. I'm going to slow down on watching this series since the reasons I wanted to watch all of XY aren't in Sun & Moon, but I do like how carefree and goofy the Sun & Moon episodes are. Not really a fan of a lack of progress in the Sun & Moon anime so far, but that might change with the 9th episode.

This episode was pretty nice. Of course, Togedemaru having a large roll guaranteed that:)

I like that they showed a Pikipek drilling into a tree at the beginning of the episode. Kukui why would you leave Ash alone in your house. Only certain doom can come from that...

Wow, it wasn't Ash, but why am I still not surprised that it was Rowlet that messed everything up.... Ash needs to keep that bird in a Poke Ball. Well, it was nice to Ash to want to clean Kukui's lab coats for him...but no... I did like how Pikachu was actually sniffing the coats before Ash but them in the washer.

I also liked seeing Rotom taking photos of the bird, only because I love the Poke Finder feature in the games. Why Ash? Why did you jump off banister instead of just going downstairs? You see, this episode shows why I wanted Ash to travel with companions who didn't know how to cook forever ago. Ash could have learned how to make a decent meal by now...

Togedemaru is so adorable. I loved seeing her (I'm referring to it as a female since that is its gender in the games) tackle Pikachu into a hug and roll around in a ball. Hm, so Sophocles's answer to hunger is ice cream. Lol at Sophocles freaking out when the lights went out. So...he uses Togedemaru as a night light? Anyway, loved the scene where Pikachu turned to help Togedemaru get in the vent, but Rotom Dex just causally flew her up there. And of course Rowlet just flies out the last closing door leaving Ash and Sophocles behind. I really can't stand that bird...

I kind of wish Togedemaru would have saved Pikachu from TR on her own, rather than having to be powered up by Pikachu himself. But whatever. It was adorable to see them hugging after the "battle". And oh my gosh, I am so sick and tired of that Bewear:/ Wow, by the end of everything, I'd completely forgotten about Kukui. I was kind of hoping he'd find out about everything at home and punish Ash or something, but oh well.

Nice episode overall. Seeing more focus on Sophocles was really nice. I'd give this episode a 7/10.

This was an average episode of my opinion. Nothing really exciting happen. 5/10 for effort.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Who'd known that slice of life would work so well in this series?

On a personal note, I love seeing Satoshi wearing different clothes at home. It was one of my favourite things in OS when he came home before the League, and we got to see him wear different clothes in almost every episode. Even if he has default clothes, the variety adds a spice of realism.

The opening scene was adorable to me. I love seeing Satoshi attempt to cook and wash clothes. He failed at both tremendously, but it was fun to watch nonetheless. You honestly have to love how extra Satoshi is when Rotom is yelling, "Emergency!" He and Pikachu both jump off the banister to get to him and slam into the glass in front of them. After last year's craziness, he thinks he has to go hero mode for everything.

Rotom is such an interesting and funny character. What I like most about this season is that their comedy is very subtle and it acknowledges how over the top everything is. That included, Musashi being confused to how Bewear was doing everything it's been doing. I can't wait for Bewear to throw a rose 90s Tuxedo Mask style to stop Pikachu's attack because at some point, it has to happen.

This episode made me care for Mamame. I feel like we're going to get a lot out of him.

I found it interesting that it was Kojiro staying focused on this episode. TRio seem like they're actually being smart and preparing for something bigger this season.

Mimikyu is hilarious. I have to say that his hatred for Pikachu causing him to attack without notice is funny to me. No one was ready for that. Meowth's fear of him is one of the best things about this season.

All in all, a very good episode. Can't wait for next week!

Even though not much actually happened in this episode, I enjoyed it for the little moments:

- Satoshi being super-inept at chores and cooking. Makes sense!
- Satoshi's epic sparkly vomiting on Pikachu and the resulting electric shock.
- Brain freeze!
- Kojirou sliding across the floor all sneaky while the others just do it normally. Ha!
- Nyasu still being terrified of Mimikyu even though it's part of the team now. I hope this might be a running gag.
- Satoshi blindly running into every door.
- Musashi's power-punching. They're really playing up her temper in this season. Hope they acknowledge some of her other personality traits eventually.

Some thoughts:

- We got to see a bit more of Mamane's personality here, but we didn't get to see really any background on him except that he's scared of the dark and sleeps with Togedemaru. Hope we'll get to see later more about what drives him as a character, because I still haven't warmed up to him much.
- Togedemaru is a girl, so cue the Pika shipping!
- Did Satoshi just eat ice cream all day until dinner? Tsk tsk!

Bonus: This god-awful Eevee in the background. LOOK AT HIM.
eeveelol.jpg

Last edited:
...Is it just me or did Ash say the "science is amazing" catchphrase when he turned on the washing machine?

He said "Machines are amazing" or it might've been "Technology is amazing!"

Edit due to double post:

Musashi punching the door was way too funny to me. Lol. I was hoping she'd "Falcon Punch" the door off the handle.

Why couldn't Rotom supervise Ash doing the laundry or be more thorough teaching him how to cook?

I don't know what else to say.

I preferred the first half to the second. A boring lockdown/entrapment caused by Team Rocket, yawn. But I can't help but like their expressions and zaniness. The retool's art was bad for them, but the writing brought more life into them.

The slice-of-life stuff at the start was really cute, and stuff like that is what's been getting me to watch some of these new eps. The "Ash gets hurt or does something stupid" stuff is starting to become a little much, though. I'm glad he has more personality and expression this time around, but this is one of those gags that'll start to burn out quickly.

Why couldn't Rotom supervise Ash doing the laundry or be more thorough teaching him how to cook?

I don't know what else to say.
For the cooking, I just assumed that Rotom payed attention to the instructions of the show and not so much the actual process, which I think seems like something a machine would do. So that would explain why he knew what to do, but couldn't explain how to do it. But yeah, it's weird how he didn't really react much to Ash blatantly fucking up the recipe; instead he just kept talking like nothing happened.

The laundry part is the worst offender, but Ash seemed confident about his own skills, so maybe Rotom just trusted him to do it alone.

Anyone else notice that Rowlett's been kept out of it's Pokeball most of the time. Is that going to be a thing with the other Alola Ash mons?

They'd probably stay out as long as he's living at Prof. Kukui's, but I'd be surprised if it stayed that way once Satoshi starts doing the island challenges. Otherwise, seems like a lot for the animators to keep up with?

Anyone else notice that Rowlett's been kept out of it's Pokeball most of the time. Is that going to be a thing with the other Alola Ash mons?

I've noticed that, myself. For the most part, the majority of the Pokemon this season are outside their monster ball. The laid back culture in Aloha is clearly very different from Kanto, where people were often surprised by Pokemon not inside a pokeball.

Outside of one Pokemon this season, most that we've seen are chilling with their trainers or are free roaming until used as ride Pokemon.

I almost feel like the anime and the game are responding to people who claim the series/franchise is about abuse to animals.

They'd probably stay out as long as he's living at Prof. Kukui's, but I'd be surprised if it stayed that way once Satoshi starts doing the island challenges. Otherwise, seems like a lot for the animators to keep up with?

There's a rumor that the School is the Hub World and that Ash'll dash off to places for trials for a day or so at a time. I can see that.

Once again this series surpass my expectation >w< i thought it's gonna be a boring sophocles focus episode, but it's not, it's developing character episode which is good. Seeing Ash with his daily activity is sure rare in this franchise, but seems we're gonna have a lot in this series >w<

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom