• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM013: The Big Alola Pancake Race!

A good episode, but tbh it probably could have been better. I mean (using the English names cuz 'Merica) Popplio and Bounsweet should have not been disqualified, even though they dropped the pancake. Mimikkyu attacked them, and I was sure that there were no rules for that. Also, how did they not figure out Bewear was a fake, even after the rockets? XD

Also, Togedemaru "punishing" Sophocles was hilarious
Doesn't change how super heavy and unnecessary it was...
Do you expect Mareanie to hold a plate of pancakes? TR pretty much have no other choice. Also, they have done that multiple times in the past.

Pretty good filler, I'm glad we're getting more plot next week though.

Bewear is easily my favorite thing about the ep.

Well, by now I'm getting kind of used to the fact that the new 'main cast' members are nothing but useless background characters in most episodes. The way the writers have handled them so far is just awful.

This is bugging me too, it seems almost like they don't know where they want to go with the story and thus the characters are just sort of left hanging. It makes Ash less interesting too due to getting fewer interactions with the rest of the cast.

This is bugging me too, it seems almost like they don't know where they want to go with the story and thus the characters are just sort of left hanging. It makes Ash less interesting too due to getting fewer interactions with the rest of the cast.
Well so far we had 1 episode that slightly focuses on all of them... but Mallow. It's not going to be like traveling companions, since Ash is in school, but hey those 1 episodes are pretty interesting.
On the other hand, they pretty much appear in all episodes and they either have a brief cameo or do nothing, so that does kinda bug me, too.

As a fan of the Atelier games, it was really neat to have the seiyuu of Logy (Kaki - Ishikawa Kaito) and Linca (Noa - Koshimizu Ami) in this episode, of course Linca would be the pancake girl. lol

This was just an okay episode for me. I mean the Pancake race was kinda weird. *shrugs* Couldn't this have been a competition with Ride Pokémon? I would have found that to be a lot more interesting seeing Ash & Kiawe racing on Tauros' against some other contestants with different Ride Pokémon.

Having said that, the scenes with Turtonator & Kiawe were pretty darn funny. And the expressions on Raichu's & Pikachu's faces when Bewear came running in and destroyed TR's mecha were absolutely priceless.

That Bounsweet is just so adorable. I missed not seeing Rowlet though. Where's that cute little ball of ditziness? Probably asleep in Ash's back pack at Kukui's.

Was kinda disappointed that Lillie's egg didn't hatch into Cosmog. Oh, well. I guess I shouldn't have hoped for that. It was wishful thinking at most.

... and why, why, why did Bewear take Team Rocket away? Does it just not want them go be anywhere but its den? It seems like Team Rocket have now come down with Stockholm Syndrome then.

It's nice that someone has actually come out & said this because this is exactly what I'm starting to think myself after last episode & this one. I realize I'm not much of a TR fan, but the TR of yore that I seem to recall I'm pretty sure would not willingly put up with this crap that's going on with Bewear.
We're what -- 12/13 episodes in and by now the Jessie of yore would have, I believe, stomped that thing into submission & stuffed it into a Pokeball.
But nope.

This episode was pretty good. I liked that we saw Ash just hanging out with Mallow outside of school. When the classmates show up it is either by coincidence or cause Ash is helping them with something. it is nice to see Ash just actually spending time with one outside of plot reasons. As for the race I liked that Pikachu and Raichu lost to Komala. Bewbear was funny though this gag is gonna get exhausting soon. Also can we get a Mallow focused ep soon? She is the only one yet to get one yet shows up the most but with nothing to do character wise.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom