• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM014: The Crystal of Courage, Lilie and Rokon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket Dan! If you dare lay a finger on Lillie or Vulpix, I will mess you all up.

They will. They even lay more than one finger, I think.

LoL it was Team Rocket after all. I wonder why...
Looks like Mao need Satoshi for something, and Lillie is alone because of that?
I wonder what is the importance of Principal's egg.

Last edited:
Mallow probably wants Ash to check on Lillie or something like that and I hope something comes from the normal Vulpix.

Team Rocket going after Lillie's Vulpix actually makes sense. "If we get an Alolan variant of a Pokemon, the boss will surely reward us!" Giovanni did show an interest in them in that briefing flashback in episode 3.

I don't think you should go around mentioning it before it's confirmed. It was very misleading and disappointing to see something like normal Vulpix hatched written in the preview summary, while in reality, the Pokemon is not revealed.
Because it's pretty obvious that it is a normal Vulpix though. As has been said before, just compare it to the Vulpix egg from AG. Why would they give two Pokemon eggs the exact same colour/look and considering that an Alola Vulpix hatched from the other egg in SM013, why would this egg contain a completely different Pokemon? I think it's pretty obvious that they have both eggs to show the difference between the appearance of a Pokemon egg and the appearance of an egg that hold the Alolan form of that same Pokemon.

Unless it contains a second Pokemon which is just given to Lillie on a platter so as to facilitate unfavourable comparisons with Hikari's Togekiss and Iris' Kairyuu

:)

Well, it's now confirmed the egg is regular Vulpix, to the surprise of no one.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQzMyN1ZzWVVNQUFjdHFHLmpwZyJ9.jpg

It's honestly not even that exciting, because that other egg (which I also think pretty much has to be a normal Vulpix) is just going to be used for comparison sake and then likely never seen again.
Well judging from the above picture, it's likely that the Vulpix will stay with Professor Oak's Alolan form, and make a few appearances here and there and since there are two Vulpix, they may form a friendship (or rivalry) together.

Seriously, what's the point of giving an egg with the same breed of Pokemon (albeit with different forms) and then choose to never show it again? That's a waste, I like both forms of Vulpix.

Also, is it me or does it seem like the other egg hatches immediately after the other...?

Pokenchi Preview
- Lillie and her classmates are all excited to see the Alolan Vulpix.
- Lillie tries to touch the Alolan Vulpix.
- Team Rocket have cornered Lillie and the Alolan Vulpix on a street.
- James's Mareanie attacks the Alolan Vulpix with Sludge Bomb.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CANMzyZR6J4

I do hope someone keeps the normal Vulpix. Whether it's Samson Oak or Kiawe, I just hope it doesn't get left behind. At the very least, it could be like Litten and just wander around the island, maybe it could take Litten's place if Ash catches it in the future.

Well judging from the above picture, it's likely that the Vulpix will stay with Professor Oak's Alolan form, and make a few appearances here and there and since there are two Vulpix, they may form a friendship (or rivalry) together.

Seriously, what's the point of giving an egg with the same breed of Pokemon (albeit with different forms) and then choose to never show it again? That's a waste, I like both forms of Vulpix.

Also, is it me or does it seem like the other egg hatches immediately after the other...?

Of course it's a waste. But that tends to happen an awful lot in this show.

I personally hope we get to see both forms of Vulpix every now and again. I just won't be surprised if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom