• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM015: The Clawed Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

I remember in the preview for this episode, from last week, Ash could be heard saying something like "Don't look!". Was there any moment in this episode that had that?
I don't think so. I haven't watched the episode with subs yet.

I remember in the preview for this episode, from last week, Ash could be heard saying something like "Don't look!". Was there any moment in this episode that had that?
Well since when did anything they said in the preview included in the actual episode? Rarely. And don't look mainly cuz of dat Ash ass

It was not Kukui's Rockruff , it was just a wild Rockruff , even in the pokeproblem segment Kukui said : "the answer is rockruff! why did you think it was my pokemon after all this time ?" something like that.
Though tbh my fave bit of the episode was Kukui trolling at the end like you thought Iwanko was my Pokemon LOL U FOOL.
Screenshot_2017-02-21-00-05-09-1.png
Screenshot_2017-02-24-08-47-49-1.png
Poor Kukui, living in denial...
Ash has had no meaningful interactions with that dog outside of this episode
Satoshi and Pikachu has had, since the first episode they meet.

I'm just gonna come right out and say it; I'm really glad that Ash has finally captured a canine-esque pokemon. Most of the animal based pokemon on his teams have been based on birds and reptiles, crustaceans and Amphibians. And the mammalian-based pokemon that he has managed to capture have all been based on Bovine and rodents, primates and an elephant, one swine and two otters and a couple of bats.

Ash has encountered canine and feline based pokemon before, yet never actually caught one, and i can't help but find that a little bit strange. I mean, i can sort of understand him not having a Houndour/Houndoom or a Migthyena since the anime has given these pokemon somewhat sinister images (them being used by the evil teams and all), but Growlithe/Arcanine and the Lilipup evolution line have all been called very loyal pokemon to have and dependable ones too. Those sound exactly like the type of Pokemon that someone as loyal and caring as Ash should raise. Also, it has been shown that Riolu/Lucario are very determined pokemon with a drive to succeed, the same of which can be said about Poochyena and Litleo/Pyroar, wouldn't it have been fitting for someone as focused, determined and driven as Ash to have Pokemon like that, i ask you? Also, Ash does seem like the kind of person who would have a canine esque pokemon, at least to me.

But, in conclusion; I'm glad that he finally caught a canine esque pokemon, i just wish that he was given one a whole lot sooner.

The Rockruff capture makes me happy. Now I hope that he also finds a way to get a Litten on his team. That would be an opportunity for comedic gold to have a dog and cat on his team, and them antagonizing each other, all while Ash deals with a narcissistic bird.

The Rockruff capture makes me happy. Now I hope that he also finds a way to get a Litten on his team. That would be an opportunity for comedic gold to have a dog and cat on his team, and them antagonizing each other, all while Ash deals with a narcissistic bird.
Don't forget Pikachu. If he catches Litten it is going to turn into tom and jerry.

This was a pretty fun episode. So far they've managed to even make most episodes without my favorite characters entertaining.

At first before I saw the episode, I speculated that Kukui would hand the Pokeball of Rockruff's to Ash because it was much better off with him, but what do you know, the thing wasn't even captured.

I thought the Pokémon Fight Club concept was unique and different from previous Pokémon conflict we've seen beforehand. Seeing Spinda in the mix of way more intimidating Pokémon was pretty cool.

The training scene left me quite confused. Was there any context as to why Ash was intentionally juggling his butt around?

PROS:
-Ash finally gets a third Pokèmon.

-Rowlet makes a pretty cute but out of place cameo.

-More of Turtonator!

-The Fight Club alone made me like the episode.

-No annoying Togedamaru antics.

-Ash doesn't get tortured as much in this episode.

-Rockruff gets pretty sweet screen time delivered to it.

-Ash's Magmar imitation.

-The nice short transitions within the episodes.

CONS:
-I hadn't even realized until I checked the characters that appeared this episode that's Shiron was missing. Did it just disappear out of scenes, or was it just left at the mansion?

-As fun as this episode was, it was also a bit boring too for me.

7.5/10

So Rockruff was just a wild poke that just happened to be living with the Prof?

HOW CONVENIENT!

Still, a nice, motley assortment of Pokémon cameos. Even when they don't do much, it's nice to see so many different kinds of Pokémon from across the generations (y)

Oh joyest of days fellow Pokefans, Ash has finally gotten a Dog Pokemon after 7 generations of nothingness.

Don't forget Pikachu. If he catches Litten it is going to turn into tom and jerry.

That could actually allow for some pretty funny moment, especially if Rockruff joins in on the chase or evolves into Lycanroc before Litten evolves and continues to chase Litten until Litten evolves. Perhaps there could be a three-way rivalry with both Pikachu and Rockruff being Litten's rivals.

This episode is probably my favourite at the moment. Really fun, so happy Ash has gotten Rockruff though it's really surprising to find out Rockruff was never Kukui's. I have to wonder if we'll found out who it's original trainer was?

The other fun part was the training montage. Ash at his crazy best right there. It's always fun when he gets involved in the training directly instead of standing on the sides calling out order.

...now I want to see that scene redone with a Stan Bush song.

Let's not forget the mouse he has.

I know that Pikachu is a mouse, I wasn't counting him since Pikachu is always going to be with Ash.

I'm pretty confident that QueenEevee was referring to Pikachu while mentioning the "mouse" that Ash has with him. Basically, Pikachu, Litten and Rockruff could create the peculiar "mouse, cat and dog" dynamic and lead to some shenanigans along the road.

Nope. The Sun & Moon next episode previews have all been pretty jokey and not serious so far; I wouldn't take anything that's said in them seriously.

who else thinks it will evolve into the day form in future? could see sandstorm and Accelrock

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom