• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM016: A Small Trio on a Big Adventure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In BW Ash has caught some Pokémon in a row, so it wouldn't be too Farfetch'd for him to get another one so soon.

However, by looking at the previews, it doesn't seem that there will be a capture, especially after seeing that the old Stoutland is still around, and I seriously doubt that Litten would just leave him behind without an extremely good reason.

Perhaps Stoutland could stay with Kukui, becoming the new Pokémon the professor looks after since Rockruff went to Ash. It would allow Litten to both be with Ash as well as be able to keep watch on Stoutland when Kukui isn't around or is teaching class.

I'd actually pay to watch a spin-off of just them.
I'd pawn my jewels/skills/maidenhood for the cause.
Perhaps Stoutland could stay with Kukui, becoming the new Pokémon the professor looks after since Rockruff went to Ash.
Great idea, particularly as it would enable the poor doggie not to die.

I can't wait to see more of Litten:) It's been forever since we've seen the little guy. And I hope he has some really nice interactions with Popplio.

Animation looks really good going by the preview, which is good for Litten since its last episode was the worst looking one.

I normally hate these kinds of episodes (Pokémon getting lost, trainers looking for them, yawn) but I find Popplio, Litten, and Rowlet all to be quite endearing, so I'm actually not dreading this episode.

I'm also excited we'll get some more Lana focus! I really love her character and feel like we haven't seen much of her lately.

I normally hate these kinds of episodes (Pokémon getting lost, trainers looking for them, yawn) but I find Popplio, Litten, and Rowlet all to be quite endearing, so I'm actually not dreading this episode.

I'm also excited we'll get some more Lana focus! I really love her character and feel like we haven't seen much of her lately.

Maybe there will be a part or two of this episode that focuses on her, like the part where she gets her Popplio to create a balloon/some balloons. If not, like Lillie, I'm sure she'll get another focus episode.

Maybe there will be a part or two of this episode that focuses on her, like the part where she gets her Popplio to create a balloon/some balloons. If not, like Lillie, I'm sure she'll get another focus episode.

Oh yes, even just a bit of small focus I appreciate! I'm actually liking all three female classmates, but I feel like we've seen Lana the least so far. I love her interactions with Popplio, so I think this will be a nice episode for her, even if it isn't technically a focus episode for her.

I would say anything BW did is a terrible outlier... but XY started off by having Ash capture Fletchling not all to soon after receiving Froakie, so it's enough to consider forming a possible trend. I'm not counting Indigo League because Ash had to "Catch'em All!"

That being said, I don't believe Litten is getting captured in a Lana episode

I don't expect a capture this episode. It won't feel right, since Litten has a pretty interesting individual arc, it would be a shame to be resolved in the second episode.

Maybe after some 10 episodes when Big Doggo's condition gets worse and Litten seeks help from Ash and Kukui (maybe?).
Who knows, Kukui might need another doggo to have around and don't capture but give the impression that he has.

I too am really happy that Suiren will get to do something in this episode (and doesn't she look just fab in the preview?!), but I am a little pessimistic that Satoshi, Suiren & Mao will end up being the 3rd place trio in this episode behind a. the starters and b. the TRio. I hope she gets another proper episode soon.

That being said, I don't believe Litten is getting captured in a Lana episode
I don't think that Lana would be interested in getting a fire type Pokemon unless the Pokemon is part water type.

I don't think that Lana would be interested in getting a fire type Pokemon unless the Pokemon is part water type.
Who's saying Lana is getting Litten? I'm just saying he's not getting captured in this episode

You specifically said "getting captured in a Lana episode".
Yes, but nothing about that implies that Lana would get Litten. A character can catch a Pokemon in an episode that is focused on another character.

You specifically said "getting captured in a Lana episode".
Seems like a hard reach to interpret Litten not getting captured in this episode, which is a Lana episode, to mean Lana would be capturing Litten. But if it's not easy to comprehend, then here it is dumbed down... Ash will not capture Litten in this episode because it's a Lana focus episode.

I don't know why, but the videos that hadenshi is posting seems to be brighter than the usual videos, so here's the youtube version of the preview.

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash's Rowlet knocks Lana's Popplio into Popplio's balloon, while Pikachu watches on.
- Popplio bounces Rowlet up in the air on its nose as it runs, to keep Rowlet safe.
- Team Rocket and some of their Pokemon stand in front of Rowlet, Popplio and Litten, who are in a net, in a cage.
- Popplio and Rowlet seem scared and then Meowth lowers the bars on the cage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49x7sUCXtDg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom