• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM018: Really!? Mao's Great Cooking Operation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other 'classmate of the day' episodes have been incredibly underwhelming and downright boring and quite frankly I don't have much hope for this one being any different. I hope I'm wrong, but considering the episodes' plot revolves around finding a missing ingredient so Mallow can cook a stew... uh, not really something I'd say gets me on the edge of my seat.
Slice of Life animes dont always have episodes that have you on the edge of your seat, if they even have any to begin with

Slice of Life animes dont always have episodes that have you on the edge of your seat, if they even have any to begin with
I don't really think it is a "slice of life" anime. Sure, it's had a couple of those moments every now and then, like in SM006, but for the most part, despite the lack of travelling, and having more humour, it's pretty much the same as every other series.

Can anyone translate this?

マオ「えっ!?」
スイレン「どうしたのサトシ?何があったの?」
サトシ「もう何もやりたくないんだ」
リーリエ「何か悩みでもあるんですか?」
サトシ「うん」
リーリエ「なんですか?私たちでよければ力になりますよ」
サトシ「あのね、」
リーリエ「はい」
サトシ「何もやりたくないの」
リーリエ「はぁ…」
サトシ「だからやって」
リーリエ「何をですか?」
サトシ「俺のお世話」
マオ&スイレン&リーリエ「「ええ!?!?」」

Something about this episode, or not; someone from another place posted it and claimed it is the case.

Google Translete brought up this. My inputs are in bold.
"Mao "What ?!"
Water lily (Lana) "What happened to Satoshi? What happened?"
SATOSHI: I do not want to do anything any more.
Liliy (Lillie, I guess?)"Is there something wrong?"
Satoshi "Yeah"
Lelier (Lillie, I guess?)"What? If we do not mind, it will be powerful."
SATOSHI "Well,"
Reelier "Yes"
Satoshi: I do not want to do anything.
Lelier "Huh ..."
SATOSHI "So do it"
Reelier (the romanisation given by Google was 'rīrie' What's up?"
Satoshi "My care"
Mao & Water Lilies & Leelier "" Yeah!?!? "

But of course you cannot trust google translate, but I just thought that it might give some vague meaning.[/B]

Well I doubt that conversation will take place, mainly because of the fact that Lillie's VA isn't listed for this episode. Unless her comments are her using sign language.
This episode doesn't have a VA list yet. You are confused with the starters episode.

Google Translete brought up this. My inputs are in bold.
"Mao "What ?!"
Water lily (Lana) "What happened to Satoshi? What happened?"
SATOSHI: I do not want to do anything any more.
Liliy (Lillie, I guess?)"Is there something wrong?"
Satoshi "Yeah"
Lelier (Lillie, I guess?)"What? If we do not mind, it will be powerful."
SATOSHI "Well,"
Reelier "Yes"
Satoshi: I do not want to do anything.
Lelier "Huh ..."
SATOSHI "So do it"
Reelier (the romanisation given by Google was 'rīrie' What's up?"
Satoshi "My care"
Mao & Water Lilies & Leelier "" Yeah!?!?
Looks like these weird lines from SM previews?
Well I doubt that conversation will take place, mainly because of the fact that Lillie's VA isn't listed for this episode. Unless her comments are her using sign language.
Wrong episode.

Last edited:
This episode doesn't have a VA list yet. You are confused with the starters episode.
Well, either way, how could anyone possibly get quotes from this episode so far in advance, even before the previous two episodes aired, unless there's some script going around or a hard to find video.

(Only rough)
Mao: Eh?!
Suiren: What's wrong Satoshi? Has something happened?
Satoshi: Urgh I don't wanna do anything.
Lillie: Is something troubling you?
Satoshi: Mmm...
Lillie: What is it? If you keep it to yourself it will only get bigger.
Satoshi: You know...
Lillie: Yes...
Satoshi: I don't wanna do anything.
Lillie: --
Satoshi: So I'll do it.
Lillie: Do what?
Satoshi: Take care of myself. (I wonder if this actually refers to something like having a bath...)
Mao, Suiren & Lillie: Ehhhhh?!?!

It tells us so little that it is only of significance if it really is the preview narration, because it means some clever dick knows how to get hold of these in advance.

(Only rough)
Mao: Eh?!
Suiren: What's wrong Satoshi? Has something happened?
Satoshi: Urgh I don't wanna do anything.
Lillie: Is something troubling you?
Satoshi: Mmm...
Lillie: What is it? If you keep it to yourself it will only get bigger.
Satoshi: You know...
Lillie: Yes...
Satoshi: I don't wanna do anything.
Lillie: --
Satoshi: So I'll do it.
Lillie: Do what?
Satoshi: Take care of myself. (I wonder if this actually refers to something like having a bath...)
Mao, Suiren & Lillie: Ehhhhh?!?!

It tells us so little that it is only of significance if it really is the preview narration, because it means some clever dick knows how to get hold of these in advance.

That does sound random, but SM008's preview was pretty random and had basically nothing to do with the episode, except for some of the last lines, but I don't know what anyone of those lines has to do with the episode and to me, it just seems like a shipping-esque creation by a fan.

Where do ya'll get which voice actors are listed for the episodes

The other 'classmate of the day' episodes have been incredibly underwhelming and downright boring and quite frankly I don't have much hope for this one being any different. I hope I'm wrong, but considering the episodes' plot revolves around finding a missing ingredient so Mallow can cook a stew... uh, not really something I'd say gets me on the edge of my seat.
Ya see, this is exactly why I took a break from this forum. The negativity. On my first day back it seems like nothing has changed. That sucks

Ash would probably get destroyed if he doesn't get a Fire-type by the time he does the Lush Jungle trial. That Solar Blade...
What about Ash's Rowlet? It knows peck that can help with grass types. Pikachu can also take on grass types with iron tail.

Pretty sure Litten would be caught by the time for Lush Jungle. Considering the fact that it's the 4th trial.

Here are two new summaries that Dephender translated:
Satoshi and the others decide to sample "Mythical Alola Stew", the new item on the menu at the cafeteria their classmate Mao lives at. However, they then learn that the Saffron-Color Nectar required to complete the stew is nearly impossible to obtain this time of the year.

----

Satoshi and the others decide to sample "Mythical Alola Stew", the new item on the menu at the cafeteria their classmate Mao lives at. So Satoshi then sets off together with Mao to search for the ingredient Saffron-Color Nectar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom