• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM019: Intense Electrifying Training! Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling Ash would get Rockruff regardless of Kukui ever since Ash and Litten became a thing. Because the only way I can see them giving Ash a cat is by giving him a dog as well. Pretty sure the reason they've avoided giving him a cat or dog up until this point is to not make it seem like Ash favors one over the other out of the two standard household pets. I do wonder if the transition from Kukui to Ash is gonna be as awkward as when Aipom went from Ash to Dawn, considering Kukui is there all the time.

Same source that playerking quoted. Apparently missed or disregarded?

Kind of both. Either I didn't think the third image shared anything important, so I didn't post the information from it or the corresponding image and I instead posted the pages showing Rockuff battling Mudbray and accidentally posted the information from the third image or I forgot to post information from the pages showing the battle and the comic-like double spread. But as I was looking at the translations, I probably mistook the second one for the third one because the layout there was clustered. The post has been updated though.
I had a feeling Ash would get Rockruff regardless of Kukui ever since Ash and Litten became a thing. Because the only way I can see them giving Ash a cat is by giving him a dog as well. Pretty sure the reason they've avoided giving him a cat or dog up until this point is to not make it seem like Ash favors one over the other out of the two standard household pets. I do wonder if the transition from Kukui to Ash is gonna be as awkward as when Aipom went from Ash to Dawn, considering Kukui is there all the time.

This will probably be more awkward, considering the fact that Ash got Buizel in return, but I don't think Ash will be giving Professor Kukui any of his Pokemon. But I guess it will be alright anyway, because at least this way, Rockruff will most likely be happier with Ash and maybe Professor Kukui hasn't even caught Rockruff yet, but instead, has just befriended him.

Kind of both. Either I didn't think the third image shared anything important, so I didn't post the information from it or the corresponding image and I instead posted the pages showing Rockuff battling Mudbray and accidentally posted the information from the third image or I forgot to post information from the pages showing the battle and the comic-like double spread. But as I was looking at the translations, I probably mistook the second one for the third one because the layout there was clustered. The post has been updated though.

This will probably be more awkward, considering the fact that Ash got Buizel in return, but I don't think Ash will be giving Professor Kukui any of his Pokemon. But I guess it will be alright anyway, because at least this way, Rockruff will most likely be happier with Ash and maybe Professor Kukui hasn't even caught Rockruff yet, but instead, has just befriended him.
Yeah. I'm glad Ash gets Rockruff cause it has a pretty cool personality, but I hope they reveal that Kukui never actually caught it. It just doesn't sit right with me that Ash is just gonna take someone else's Pokemon like that when that character is gonna appear in almost every episode. Even worse, they live together.

Yeah. I'm glad Ash gets Rockruff cause it has a pretty cool personality, but I hope they reveal that Kukui never actually caught it. It just doesn't sit right with me that Ash is just gonna take someone else's Pokemon like that when that character is gonna appear in almost every episode. Even worse, they live together.
Maybe they could do something like Brock's Professor Ivy gag, where Professor Kukui asks Rockruff to come to him, but then he looks at Ash holding Rockruff and then he gets depressed and the Rotom Pokedex comforts him.

Especially with the feel of Alola, I don't think we will be expected to react to Iwanko's transferral of ownership as a bad thing (in any way). Satoshi, Pikachu, Iwanko and the Prof are living together - all Kukui's doing is "allowing" his friend Iwanko to have some training and adventures under Sayoshi's care.

Also... what if Kukui has an Incineroar? We could see Ash's Incineroar vs Kukui's Incineroar like Flint vs Ash in Sinnoh. Also, Kukui's trainer class in the games makes Incineroar perfect for Kukui...

Especially with the feel of Alola, I don't think we will be expected to react to Iwanko's transferral of ownership as a bad thing (in any way). Satoshi, Pikachu, Iwanko and the Prof are living together - all Kukui's doing is "allowing" his friend Iwanko to have some training and adventures under Sayoshi's care.

Yeah, I was only joking though, because that would be pretty cruel. Then again, other gags could be considered cruel as well and as much as Sun and Moon has added more humour, it's still similar to other series. I think the fights are pretty much the same and it has its touching moments, like with the Lillie episodes and the first Litten episode. But I wouldn't mind if they did add a joke or two out of the situation. Just look at the previews for this episode. The only comedic part of the first one was the bum shaking shots and in the Pokenchi Preview, there was the bit where Rockruff's tail got burnt.
Also... what if Kukui has an Incineroar? We could see Ash's Incineroar vs Kukui's Incineroar like Flint vs Ash in Sinnoh. Also,
Kukui's trainer class in the games makes Incineroar perfect for Kukui...

I assumed the fire that was in the preview came from either Magmar or one of Kiawe's Pokemon.

Also, Ash might catch some other Pokémon before he finally catches Litten, I've got the feeling that it'll have the Krokorok treatment in which Ash catches it some time after it evolves and becomes a powerhouse once it reaches its final evolution

Maybe they could do something like Brock's Professor Ivy gag, where Professor Kukui asks Rockruff to come to him, but then he looks at Ash holding Rockruff and then he gets depressed and the Rotom Pokedex comforts him.
I'm sorry, you lost me there. What does that have to do with Professor Ivy? :D

Also... what if Kukui has an Incineroar? We could see Ash's Incineroar vs Kukui's Incineroar like Flint vs Ash in Sinnoh. Also, Kukui's trainer class in the games makes Incineroar perfect for Kukui...
I assumed the fire that was in the preview came from either Magmar or one of Kiawe's Pokemon.
I'm sorry, you lost me there. What does that have to do with Professor Ivy? :D
Easy, Brock was saddened every time someone asked him what happened with him and Professor Ivy, like how Professor Kukui could be sad every time he sees Ash with Rockruff.

The topic quickly went from Tapu Koko's rematch with Ash to weather or not Rockruff is going to Ash.

Half the preview was stock footage from SM2. Just great.

Really, are we going to have to put up with watching the same old Pikachu Z move stock footage throughout the entire series?
Probably, though it would be much better if we did get new animation too. The Kiawe episode used the stock footage as well.

Dephender said:
Satoshi has gone to visit his classmate Māmane at his house after school. He's there to get advice from the Electric type expert Māmane to prepare for his rematch against Kapu-Kokeko. He then incorporates Māmane's opinion in his training, and he and his Pokémon feel this is getting good results. But then Kapu-Kokeko suddenly appears.
Satoshi wants to defeat the legendary Pokémon Kapu-Kokeko, which he has once battled against and lost to, so after school he has gone to his Electric type expert classmate Māmane's house. He trains at Māmane's house, which gives him and Pikachu further confidence in their chances. And then Kapu-Kokeko appears before them.
Satoshi has dropped by his classmate Māmane's house after school. He wants to defeat the legendary Pokémon "Kapu-Kokeko", which he has once battled against and lost to, so he's trying to get advice from the Electric type expert Māmane. Will Satoshi be able to win his rematch?
The mysterious Pokémon that gave Satoshi his Z-Ring when he arrived at Melemele Island once again appears! Does it intend to test Satoshi's power?! The second battle between the two is about to start!!
March 23rd: SM19 - Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!! - Page 11

Really, are we going to have to put up with watching the same old Pikachu Z move stock footage throughout the entire series?

And it's LONG stock footage too. :unsure: I thought the Hala battle wasn't as good as it could have been due to the stock footage taking up a lot of time.

And good thing that the characters have butchered simpler designs and whatever so that the animators could spare the budget for the animation and rely less on stock footage. Pfft!

I honestly don't know what to expect from this episode, but I'm pretty confident that Ash will lose this battle as well. I wonder why Tapu Koko is testing Ash… perhaps to prepare him to face the Ultra Beasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom