• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM019: Intense Electrifying Training! Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And good thing that the characters have butchered simpler designs and whatever so that the animators could spare the budget for the animation and rely less on stock footage. Pfft!

I laughed.

But at this point it can't be anything but the result of a budget cut in the animation department. Simpler designs, the return of speed line stock backgrounds and heavy stock footage usage. A shame, really :/

Granted, XY used stock footage as well, but it had non-stock dynamic backgrounds and finer art detail, so it wasn't as bothersome.

I'm glad he's going to Sophocles' house. I want to see more out of him because right now, he's the least interesting classmate. Also, another episode centered around just Tapu Koko this soon wasn't really thrilling to me.

Granted, XY used stock footage as well, but it had non-stock dynamic backgrounds and finer art detail, so it wasn't as bothersome.

I thought XY's looked just as horrible as when any other series uses it. Personal opinion, of course, but it didn't bug me any less than seeing it in SM does now.

And it's LONG stock footage too. :unsure: I thought the Hala battle wasn't as good as it could have been due to the stock footage taking up a lot of time.
It's not long at all, compared to what the rest of the footage. And the Hala battle hardly used any stock footage, except for the Z-Move shots, but that didn't last long.
And good thing that the characters have butchered simpler designs and whatever so that the animators could spare the budget for the animation and rely less on stock footage. Pfft!

I honestly don't know what to expect from this episode, but I'm pretty confident that Ash will lose this battle as well. I wonder why Tapu Koko is testing Ash… perhaps to prepare him to face the Ultra Beasts?

How the hell are they butchered? Butchered implies that they're bad versions of what they should look like, but these designs are what they look like for the time being. And they're not simpler either, they're just different. Just because they're not as sharp, it doesn't mean they're "simpler".

Anyway, here's the same trailer that Flynn posted earlier, from the official Japanese youtube channel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_Vm9ebf-o

Last edited:
But at this point it can't be anything but the result of a budget cut in the animation department. Simpler designs, the return of speed line stock backgrounds and heavy stock footage usage. A shame, really :/

Sorry, this is becoming something of a bugbear for me. Pokemon's changes were not dictated by a cut in budget, but by new technology and the need to streamline the production process so that the animators can do more.

Also, I'm watching the preview and not seeing any speed lines in the background. The 3D backgrounds are still in use.

I know you're trying to be funny, but again, it's not budget. Stock footage is a result of constraints on time and schedule which are common issues in weekly shows, especially one as long running as Pokemon. Even with new tech and designs they will still seek to save time/effort on animation that's going to be appear very frequently in the show's run.

How the hell are they butchered? Butchered implies that they're bad versions of what they should look like, but these designs are what they look like for the time being. And they're not simpler either, they're just different. Just because they're not as sharp, it doesn't mean they're "simpler".

They are "simpler" in as much that they're easier to draw. But it's that way for a reason either not many understand or plain don't agree with. So it comes down to taste in the end. For some, these designs really are just cheap, bad versions of the old ones.

They are "simpler" in as much that they're easier to draw. But it's that way for a reason either not many understand or plain don't agree with. So it comes down to taste in the end. For some, these designs really are just cheap, bad versions of the old ones.
Sure, they're easier to draw, but that might not be these new designs were created. They probably just wanted to go with less sharp designs and just because they're aren't as sharp, it doesn't necessarily make them bad. In some ways, I think it's just as good as XY when it comes to things like animation.

I changed my mind. Considering Omode is writing this episode, it will probably be focused on Mamane and Togedemaru.

Oh, trust me. The use of Speed Lines here isn't NEARLY as bad as DP and BW. Remember how nauseating those looked?

Here is a new image of the episode.

eojk7UE.png

New summary:
Dephender said:
"New" summary:
Satoshi wants to defeat the legendary Pokémon Kapu-Kokeko, which he has once battled against and lost to. Wanting to get advice from his Electric type expert classmate Māmane, he drops by his classmate Māmane's house after school Thanks to the training they do at Māmane's house, he and Pikachu gain further confidence in their chances. And then Kapu-Kokeko appears before them.
March 23rd: SM19 - Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!! - Page 15
I guess it's a Mamane episode after all.

Ash gets tested by deities (at least, that's what Alolans consider them), gets called the Chosen One in M02, Ho-Oh only appears to him, has Aura powers, saves the world numerous times, dies and gets revived, but still can't win a League that matters.

Is he some saviour figure?

Just because it's a rewording of the previous one doesn't make it not a "new summary". Most summaries are rewordings of same text with minimal changes.
Sure, but most of those have at least a tiny bit of new information, that one does not, it might be a newly posted summary in a magazine, but it's not new, just reworded into a different order. Whoever posted it either just happened to post a very similar summary or plagarised it from the original magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom