• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM020: Satoshi and Pikachu, the Promise between Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like it's going to be a cute and cool episode. What's with Litten appearing on the island though?

This looks like it's going to be a cute and cool episode. What's with Litten appearing on the island though?

That is from the episode after this one. It's a one hour special showing two episodes.

Oh yeah... just came from that thread. :p
I forgot the episodes air on the same day.

Forget the episode, I want that TCG board!

I hope Ash seeing Tapu Lele in this episode prompts him to go to Akala Island. He's stayed on Melemele for long enough. Everything has been done. He seriously needs to move on and continue with the Island Challenge.

After seeing Tapu Lele, Ash will go and tell his friends and Professor Kakui about what he saw. He done this after seeing Tapu Koko for the first time.

Wow, the animation looks appalling. This gotta be a candidate for the worst looking SM episode.

Doesn't really help that the new design of Ash looks worse in the hands of the bad animation teams compared to the old design.

Hm so that "floating Pokemon" wasn't Nebby or even Ho-Oh? This makes me wonder if SM020 won't actually be a flashback-heavy episode then.

Of course the shining Pokémon wasn't going to be Ho-Oh.

I hope Ash seeing Tapu Lele in this episode prompts him to go to Akala Island. He's stayed on Melemele for long enough. Everything has been done. He seriously needs to move on and continue with the Island Challenge.
He only just started attending school on Melemele island. He isn't just going to leave school to go to another island from now on.
Of course the shining Pokémon wasn't going to be Ho-Oh.
Says who?

I'm completely fine with Ho-Oh being exclusive to the movie. I've long accepted that there is little to no connection between the series anymore.

Tapu Lele over Nebby is an awkward choice, though.

Says who?
I'm just saying previews show Tapu Lele shining and floating in the sky, so odds are that the summaries were referring to it all along.

Before the preview, I just thought it could be Ho-Oh because the episode focuses in Ash and Pikachu's relationship. They haven't seen it in a while despite it will be featured in the movie, which means it would've served as some sort of connection (especially for younger fans). Now it just seems unlikely.

Well now we all know it ain't Ho-Oh now. Animation looks rather disappointing for an "anniversary special." I'm gonna sound stoopid for this but it would have been sooo much better if they switched animators around so the animators for this do the Litten ep and the animators for the Litten episode do this.

Have they actually called this an anniversary episode? If not, then I don't think the complaints are valid.

Mind you, I'd be pissed if it weren't for the movie.

Yeah it seems like maybe we were getting ahead of ourselves a bit, the fact that it's an episode focusing on Ash and Pikachu's bond and just so happens to fall on the Thursday after the anniversary could very likely just be a huge coincidence. Or it could be an anniversary episode but just not in a hugely-noticeable way like M20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom