• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM052: The Altar of the Sun! Solgaleo Descends!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunala > Solgaleo.

But I guess Solgaleo appeals to children more :cool:
We don't know when Nebby will fully evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala unless there some hint to whom it's evolving to.

We don't know when Nebby will fully evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala unless there some hint to whom it's evolving to.
???

I'd say the hints are pretty obvious. Solgaleo is featured with Ash's Pikachu in the opening, it is featured in the aforementioned title that heads this thread, Solgaleo is featured on the new poster that promotes the Nebby arc, and Solgaleo anime merchandise has been releasing lately along with other Sun & Moon anime characters.

They're not just going to drop an evolution or main character without some sort of advertising. Lunala has received barely anything while Solgaleo has been prominent-thus it's reasonable to argue that Nebby may evolve into Solgaleo (especially since it is implied it will become a Cosmoem in a prior episode).

???

I'd say the hints are pretty obvious. Solgaleo is featured with Ash's Pikachu in the opening, it is featured in the aforementioned title that heads this thread, Solgaleo is featured on the new poster that promotes the Nebby arc, and Solgaleo anime merchandise has been releasing lately along with other Sun & Moon anime characters.

They're not just going to drop an evolution or main character without some sort of advertising. Lunala has received barely anything while Solgaleo has been prominent-thus it's reasonable to argue that Nebby may evolve into Solgaleo (especially since it is implied it will become a Cosmoem in a prior episode).
While I agree with you, I don't think the Opening is a hint, because that came out a year ago. They might not have planned on Nebby before they created the Opening.

If Cosmoem evolves so fast, I think they're trying to have a Necrozma Solgaleo or Lunala in this anime to fit with USUM

Nebby most likely becomes Solgaleo and then
probably battles against a Lunala controlled by Necrozma because Necrozma desires light and Solgaleo lo and behold represents the sun...

I don't think it will happened since the opening haven't featuring Necrozma in a split scene of being Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings mode yet. My guess, the writer will probably save it for the later series since that is where everything come to conclusion and perfect choice for the grand finale. Not to even mention, we haven't see the other nine Ultra Beasts make their appearance.

I doubt they would spoil the game so soon. If they could bring back the Kami trio after 9 months they can do the same with Nebby.

I doubt they would spoil the game so soon. If they could bring back the Kami trio after 9 months they can do the same with Nebby.
Good point! It's possible they will rap up the first version of sun and moon here and then bring back nebby for a second go round in a new scenario like they did during Best Wishes 2

Nope.

If it's just Team Rocket; then I'll be fine but leave the other teams (minus Aether/Skull) out of it.
They already done with the original SM plot. They need some new stuff to fill the gap. It's either Rainbow Rocket or it's gonna be a really short saga, and we get a new game soon.

I think what we've seen so far in this series has shown that the writers really aren't intent on copying the game's storyline closely. And really, there's so much they can do with the concept of "all the villainous teams from alternate timelines where they won come together"-- hell if they made it into a film it could be like M18 but good.

Nope.

If it's just Team Rocket; then I'll be fine but leave the other teams (minus Aether/Skull) out of it.

Oh yeah, agreed. We don't need any older teams making sudden returns for sure.

I'd rather they focus just on Aether Foundation, Team Skull and Team Rocket WITHOUT the other teams. I feel like they have more potential with the three teams that they currently have so far; with Giovanni coming with his own group (outside of Jessie and James) with his Rainbow Rockets that are just Team Rocket members; but we'll have to see where it goes.

Rainbow Rocket should be adapted but as an alliance between Giovanni, Faba (his revenge) and Team Skull.

Rainbow Rocket should be adapted but as an alliance between Giovanni, Faba (his revenge) and Team Skull.

At the very least they should let the Boss step up to bat again.

They REALLY need to do more with him than be an excuse to keep the TRio around...

Already seeing a Solgaleo in the anime so far makes me think Nebby will become Lunala when the time comes, as it would conveniently get both of the SM mascots together, but who knows? We already got Faba breaking from his game role and opening an Ultra Wormhole himself when people wanted Lusamine to re-enact her 2016 audition for "Worst Mom of the Year".

VA List
The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin’ichiro Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda

Gladion: Nobuhiko Okamoto

Professor Burnet: Sachi Kokuryū

Tapu Bulu: Unshō Ishizuka

Tapu Lele: Risa Shimizu

There we go. We finally have the two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash and the others have come to the Altar of the Sunne to meet the legendary Pokémon Solgaleo. What awaited them there was the guardian deities of the Alola region?!
There's also the giveaway project where you can win extravagant presents!

Ash and the others have come to the Altar of the Sunne wanting to borrow Solgaeo's powers to open an Ultra Wormhole so that they can rescue Lusamine. They are greeted by four Pokémon: Tapu Koko and the other guardian deities of the four islands. What could they be planning on doing...? And then, Solgaleo finally appears before the group?! The giveaway project celebrating the 1000th episode of the anime to be broadcast continues on! You can win extravagant prizes this time as well!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom