• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Solar System Mafia - ENDGAME - What Revolves Around the Sun Now? [MAFIA WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jdthebud, thanks for hosting an awesome game. It was fun.

GG to the mafia. Well deserved win :)

Did you enjoy the game?

I really liked the concept of the game. There were some interesting roles and it was quite fun.
What did you think of the setup and mechanics? Was it balanced?
I think town was too protected. They had the doctor, commuter, bulletproof and ascetic, which is quite strong. It was an 11 player game also, so that much protection in a small game is pretty big. And also, I didn't have too much time to find who I had to lynch. I still didn't know by the end of the game, and it was based on luck. Otherwise, it was nice :)
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Knowing who I had to lynch In all seriousness, a more ranged amount of roles for town. The protection roles were strong.

Didn't play this but congrats Mafia! Shame about the early Cop death and Doctor Modkill...

In a way this game is kind of a copy of Hunter x Hunter Mafia, what, with the Lyncher needing to kill the 2x Watcher.

@jdthebud, thanks for hosting an awesome game. It was fun.

GG to the mafia. Well deserved win :)

Did you enjoy the game?

I really liked the concept of the game. There were some interesting roles and it was quite fun.
What did you think of the setup and mechanics? Was it balanced?
I think town was too protected. They had the doctor, commuter, bulletproof and ascetic, which is quite strong. It was an 11 player game also, so that much protection in a small game is pretty big. And also, I didn't have too much time to find who I had to lynch. I still didn't know by the end of the game, and it was based on luck. Otherwise, it was nice :)
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Knowing who I had to lynch In all seriousness, a more ranged amount of roles for town. The protection roles were strong.
Mafia had Strongman to balance the protection roles (which was used on WolfOwl), and I actually see Ascetic as detrimental to both town and scum, since they can't be protected or cop checked. And mafia didn't have a role cop so the Ascetic doesn't hurt them that much.
Didn't play this but congrats Mafia! Shame about the early Cop death and Doctor Modkill...

In a way this game is kind of a copy of Hunter x Hunter Mafia, what, with the Lyncher needing to kill the 2x Watcher.
Funny thing about that...I actually came up with the Lyncher in this game first, and then when I had to change the setup in HxH it coincidentally ended up being the same role that the lyncher was targeting. The Watcher in this game was completely inactive though.

Last edited:
Wow. This is my first game winning as power scum! And this is in a fairly town preferred game. Nominate me for best Mafia performance...oh wait, I think Olive is gonna get it

Anyways, I think we really got lucky with the Day 1 muslynch on the cop. And @The Force of Nature being gone really made things hard for me to the point where I just had to pretty much survive as long as I can and hopefully I can win it for us, which I did. Then I hit a snag with Zexy, which I thought it was game over for me but it turned out to work for the best. I decided to take advantage of @WolfOwl's hard stances on lynching but I didn't want to look like I was sheeping, hence the switch to Ghostly which ended up working REALLY well with Elementar's ITP claim.

Had Seraphy haven't been modkilled, I think I could have still pulled a mislynch although it would have involved me getting into a claims war with Hellcrow 2.0. However, given Elementar's wincon, I probably would have been able to pull off a mislynch on Hellcrow and then just won the game (My next kill target would have been Sera, leaving Hellcrow, WolfOwl, Elementar and myself).

Oh yeah and as for my inactivity in the last phase, it was merely a coincidence, I was pretty much stuck all day coding with my group so I couldn't have posted in-thread. I managed to get home right after the phase end and I scored a mislynch, which assuming Elementar's claim is legit, I pretty won.

Good game to town and I'm glad that I finally managed to win as power scum!

I should've pushed Piko more :(
Sorry if I was jumpy etc. ending up as mislynch bait... but I really thought I wasn't nearly as jumpy as in my scum games. It hit me a bit because I rarely get mislynched so I get a bit sad when it happens.
Seraphy claiming D3 might've saved me and not being modkilled would also help town a lot. Alas, good game Piko, congrats!

Thank you jd for hosting once again.

Here's an actions list:

Zexy Commuted
Seraphy saved The Force of Nature, which was blocked
RainbowSkittles was idle
The Force of Nature spied on Zexy, which failed.
Pikochu roleblocked Seraphy
Pikochu killed Space
Elementar Namecop'd Pikochu, who was "Not Neptune"
Zexy was idle
Seraphy saved Zexy
RainbowSkittles was idle
Pikochu roleblocked WolfOwl
Pikochu shot Zexy, who was saved
Elementar Namecop'd Hellcrow, who was "Not Neptune"
Seraphy saved Pikochu, which was blocked
RainbowSkittles was idle
Pikochu roleblocked Seraphy
Pikochu killed Hellcrow
Elementar Namecop'd WolfOwl, who was "Not Neptune"
Hellcrow was idle
Pikochu killed WolfOwl with his Strongman shot, which went through her BPV
Elementar was idle

Sorry if I was jumpy etc. ending up as mislynch bait... but I really thought I wasn't nearly as jumpy as in my scum games.

"Com" instead of "Con" to hint at Com-muter.

"computers" sounds similar to "commuters"

It was quite amusing explaining your soft claim using some of the most farfetch'd explanation I have ever seen. Honestly, even as town, I would have voted for you as a lynch just for those explanations alone.

I could have sworn you were Jester at that point.

It was quite amusing explaining your soft claim using some of the most farfetch'd explanation I have ever seen. Honestly, even as town, I would have voted for you as a lynch just for those explanations alone.

I could have sworn you were Jester at that point.
Zexy did pull this kind of stunt before, though, in Gameshow Mafia.

His cop puns were about as subtle as a sledgehammer...

I tried being more subtle this time around while still pointing out it is the kind of thing I've done before.
Thing is I do it as scum as well when I'm sure pver what I'll claim later (XY&Z JOAT).

I agree. I know that the modkill of Seraphy helped him win the very next night, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had pulled it out anyway.

Thinking about it, if Seraphy hadn't been modkilled, Ghostly still would have been mislynched.
Seraphy had role claimed doc and Mido had roleclaimed BP.
Game would have been 3:1:1 going in to the night.
Being smart, Piko would use his Strongman shot on the Doc, taking out any "active" protection. Or Roleblock the doc and Strongman Mido.
Game is 2:1:1 in the following day, but Elementar's lynch target is Hellcrow 2.0.
Piko and Elementar would team up and, at the very least, tie the vote against Hellcrow, and even possibly getting him lynched.
If the vote is tied 2:1:1 going into night.
Roleblock and kill Hellcrow.
Elementar and Piko win.
Or Roleblock and kill Seraphy.
Piko wins.

I like the scenario where I win xD
Fun fact: Mafia's win was guaranteed after Ghostly's mislynch, given Piko's Strongman shot.
The entire reason the final night existed was because, depending on who Piko chose to kill, your wincon was up in the air.

Being smart, Piko would use his Strongman shot on the Doc, taking out any "active" protection. Or Roleblock the doc and Strongman Mido.
One thing to keep in mind was that self-targeting is not allowed in this game (stated in the OP), and Pikochu couldn't use both roleblock and strongman in the same night (which I actually failed to reiterate to him prior to the final phase post, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway). So he would have to either roleblock and kill Seraphy, or strongman Wolfowl to ensure a kill happens, then the next night, he could do the other option.

However, if Seraphy is still alive, it's likely that WO doesn't reveal as BP until the following day, though I personally think she should have fakeclaimed to try and lure a normal NK shot, which could have given town a shot at winning.

Though I'm not sure it would have mattered - as long as Pikochu stayed away from killing Hellcrow he would be able to keep Elementar on his side and keep tying the votes to eventually kill one of Seraphy and WO and win.

Fun fact: Mafia's win was guaranteed after Ghostly's mislynch, given Piko's Strongman shot.
The entire reason the final night existed was because, depending on who Piko chose to kill, your wincon was up in the air.
I would just endgame it there and treat it as an indep loss; Piko was a kingmaker there.

I tried being more subtle this time around while still pointing out it is the kind of thing I've done before.

Still, it sounded like you were desperate as scum with the breadcrumbing to me.

Y'know, Piko, your mafia playstyle has come along leaps and bounds recently. I'm impressed.

Thanks! However, I think I just got lucky with the cop Day 1 mislynch. I could have totally seen the game going in a different direction had it not been for the Day 1 mislynch. And the "training" of TFON could have really gone wrong if I acted in a wrong way. Luckily, I knew Zexy would try to excuse me as town for meta based reasons :p

Actually, my plan was to kill Sera and role block Hellcrow to get into a claim wars, which then I knew that Wolf would then really try to push for a Hellcrow mislynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom