• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Gen VII: The Future

The problem is that Kanto has been featured in some form in 4 out of 7 generations. Add the VC releases and the forced Kanto nostalgia in XY and SM and no wonder people (including myself) are now tired of Kanto.

That's not really a "problem" though, because the only people who are "tired" of Kanto are some number of diehard fans on the Internet who will most likely purchase whatever game comes out anyway. The general public loves Kanto. If a player is tired of it, then they have every option of simply not purchasing the game.

And all of its previous appearances can be justified, so it's not even as if they've been including it gratuitously.

Plus having a Kanto revisit would open the door to a Johto revisit and a Hoenn revisit along side the Sinnoh and Unova revisits, meaning that the potential for the regions and its pokemon not being regulated to distant memories of fans and the company in favor of the new region and Kanto itself would be higher. (especially when the games move to a new console), and a sequel would ensure an opportunity to fix the mistakes of the original games and give it a story on par with B/W or S/M.

Last edited:
We do need new stories in old regions in my opinion, it's either new gen or enable but what about a new story new villains in a familiar region? Sequels or a separate story set many years later. Maybe a new generation in an old region although that wouldn't be very wise without new areas.

Anyway mewnuim z was on pokeballs so it's not the movie distribution.

I still find it curious that Mew itself isn't being distributed right now, which means that its only event in Japan since 2010 was one tied to the VC games. That means that most Japanese kids don't have access to it and can't do anything with a Mewnium Z.

Last edited:
I still find it curious that Mew itself isn't being distributed right now, which means that its only event in Japan since 2010 was one tied to the VC games. That means that most Japanese kids don't have access to it and can't do anything with a Mewnium Z.

Didn't Japan receive a 'Gamefreak Mew' last year?

Which was tied to the VC games, as I mentioned. Even the serial code for ORAS required buying one of the VC games.

The ones they received on XYORAS were received by pre ordering Pokémon Sun and Moon. Anyone in Japan that pre ordered Sun and Moon will have a Mew, and will be able to use Mewnium Z.

The ones they received on XYORAS were received by pre ordering Pokémon Sun and Moon. Anyone in Japan that pre ordered Sun and Moon will have a Mew, and will be able to use Mewnium Z.
You're thinking of Hong Kong.

Quoting Serebii from last February: "For those of you with a Japanese 3DS and games, the Mew event is now available for all people who have purchased Pokémon Red, Green, Blue or Yellow from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. This Mew is Level 5 and come with the move Pound. It is available until March 31st 2017."

A pre-order bonus isn't exactly that accessible, either.

You're thinking of Hong Kong.

Quoting Serebii from last February: "For those of you with a Japanese 3DS and games, the Mew event is now available for all people who have purchased Pokémon Red, Green, Blue or Yellow from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. This Mew is Level 5 and come with the move Pound. It is available until March 31st 2017."

A pre-order bonus isn't exactly that accessible, either.

Bulbapedia states that it was japan as well that received the 'Gamefreak' Mew for XYORAS as a Sun and Moon pre order bonus. it may not be that accessible, but I suppose that would depend on how many codes they actually have to give away, and if they actually had enough to give every person who pre ordered or not. I wouldn't know how many they had to give, however, judging from how popular Japanese Pokémon events are, I'd say they had enough that atleast the majority of people who pre ordered have one.

In saying that though, I'd agree that they should have a proper event for Mew to give others a chance.

Bulbapedia states that it was japan as well that received the 'Gamefreak' Mew for XYORAS as a Sun and Moon pre order bonus. it may not be that accessible, but I suppose that would depend on how many codes they actually have to give away, and if they actually had enough to give every person who pre ordered or not. I wouldn't know how many they had to give, however, judging from how popular Japanese Pokémon events are, I'd say they had enough that atleast the majority of people who pre ordered have one.

In saying that though, I'd agree that they should have a proper event for Mew to give others a chance.
Look at the Bulbapedia links... They refer to Taiwan and Hong Kong. I guess that those serial codes are compatible with Japanese ORAS, but they were obviously not meant for Japanese players.

Actually, it seems that all of Taiwan's serial codes worked that way.

Look at the Bulbapedia links... They refer to Taiwan and Hong Kong. I guess that those serial codes are compatible with Japanese ORAS, but they were obviously not meant for Japanese players.

Actually, it seems that all of Taiwan's serial codes worked that way.

I'm still not seeing Hong Kong on that list that received the Gamefreak Mew. Listed under events on Mew's page, I can see that Taiwan received one, South Korea received one, and Japan received three (One for pre ordering SM, one for purchasing the special RGBY 2DS, and a third that they actually received on the RGBY VC games).

Also, according to this, apparently England also received a Mew for the RBY VC games.

I'm still not seeing Hong Kong on that list that received the Gamefreak Mew. Listed under events on Mew's page, I can see that Taiwan received one, South Korea received one, and Japan received three (One for pre ordering SM, one for purchasing the special RGBY 2DS, and a third that they actually received on the RGBY VC games).
Again, the events for Japan include any serial codes that work on a Japanese 3DS. If you look at the Bulbapedia links, the first is for Taiwan and the second is for Hong Kong. They were never distributed in Japan for pre-ordering Sun and Moon.

It's as simple as that.

P.S. I see what happened: You looked at Mew's page rather than the one for Generation VI events. You should use that one for more information.

Last edited:
This link specifies that Mew was distributed in Japan itself via a serial code that came with the limited edition 2DS bundles.

Mew event for Generation VI games announced for Japan - Bulbanews

In saying that, it seems that the only times Mew was distributed in Japan were by either purchasing RBY on virtual console, or by purchasing the limited edition bundle, which still seems strange that they didn't have any kind of wifi or code distribution event without having to purchase anything, like everyone else did.

Global Link announced that they're going to release the Mega Stones, starting with Mawile and Beedril after the February competition.

Cheers :D

Looks like it will be 2017: Reboot; 2018: Marshadow. 2019 could be ultra beasts, or could be new Pokémon introduced in Stars / Sun 2 / Moon 2, or could be a preview of Gen VIII Pokémon. I like the idea of Movie theory, but the reboot movie is unexpected.
I don't think Sun / Moon are the only games of this generation. Otherwise Gen VII would be too short and also would make National Pokédex increasing too fast. If there's new games for this Gen, I would also expect they are on 3DS as well as you know, same Gen on same platform, and as 3DS can already play all 7 Gens in certain methods (VC, remake, backward-compatibility), it would be too bad to break that.
As I said, as you can still play Gen IV on 3DS (and there's Poke Dream Radar for Gen IV on 3DS to catch few Pokémons), I also don't think there will be remake of Gen IV in Gen VII.
Although many refer to Stars on Switch, I would more likely to consider it as a spin-off (I think Pokémon main series will still be on 3DS for a while, like B2W2 were still on NDS while there was 3DS. Selling more Pokémon games is far more important than selling more new gaming systems as Pokémon company is second-party). I think maybe there will be Sun 2 / Moon 2, just like B2W2. There are enough space to tell a separate story, and also keep enough number of games in this Gen if there's no remake.

st. If there's new games for this Gen, I would also expect they are on 3DS as well as you know, same Gen on same platform, and as 3DS can already play all 7 Gens in certain methods (VC, remake, backward-compatibility), it would be too bad to break that.
The Gen 2 and 3 games can't be played at all on the 3DS (remakes are part of the gen they're remade in, not their original gen), and the 3DS can't last forever. At some point, that streak has to be broken.
and there's Poke Dream Radar for Gen IV on 3DS to catch few Pokémons
Dream Radar is for the Gen 5 games, not Gen 4.

The Gen 2 and 3 games can't be played at all on the 3DS (remakes are part of the gen they're remade in, not their original gen), and the 3DS can't last forever. At some point, that streak has to be broken.
Note that I said "in certain methods". Of course it's not the original gen, I never said that as well. It will break at some point for sure(I never said it will not break forever), but my main point here is that's not going to be within Gen 7.
Just considering even 3DS was already popular, B2W2 was still a NDS game.
Dream Radar is for the Gen 5 games, not Gen 4.
You missed my point. You need to insert the 5 Gen 4 games respectively in Dream Radar to capture the certain legendary Pokémons and then import to Gen 5. My point here is Gen 4 is already related to 3DS apps.

Back
Top Bottom