• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Star Fox Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Robert

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
So yeah, new game that came out about a week ago...I found out that there's an "invincibility mode" in the game for beginners like me, but so far no one's explained HOW to activate it...so I have to ask...how do I?

I started playing it today and my initial reaction is -- wow, these controls.

These controls.

The first way to make the game easier is to hit the Motion Control toggle so that it's only active while holding ZR (not all the time, which is the default setting). Then you can play the game more in the traditional style (using the left stick to simultaneously steer/aim) while still having the option to fine-tuning your aim with motion controls (though of course you will need to learn how to judge distance with your non-gamepad targetting reticule, but that's par for the course in a 3D shooter).

The Arwing's new Walker mode also takes some serious time to get used to due to the distinct lack of easy sidestepping (i.e. typical FPS control scheme).

ZL is handy for getting your bearings relative to a target but that's about it because your flight controls are necessarily relative to your vehicle, not the camera, and this WILL mess you up if you try to maneuver while your view is facing other than forwards.

Otherwise I'm actually doing rather well for my first try at the missions. Last mission completed was Zoness, and it was fun learning to use the Gyrowing effectively. Lightweight stealth missions are best stealth missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom