• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter choice!

Which Pokémon will be your starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Popplio the best; its such a cute cartoony sea lion/puppy thing and it has a great personality!! Litten also had a great deal of that too, I might pick it when I get Moon, haha.

All three, thanks to the magic combination of the GTS, breeding and two 3DSes. Rowlet is obv. number one with me because Decidueye, but I love Incineroar and Primarina almost as much.

Last edited:
I'll be picking Rowlet—not only do I love its whole evolutionary line's appearance, but Decidueye's typing is one I've never used in my team before and one I'm eager to use this time around. If there's an option to add another starter to your team in-game like there was in X and Y, though, I certainly wouldn't rule out putting Primarina into my post-game team as well.

Popplio. The description of its second stage makes me want to root for it. Gonna be busting my hump to get it as a female that's for sure.

I'll be picking Rowlet—not only do I love its whole evolutionary line's appearance, but Decidueye's typing is one I've never used in my team before and one I'm eager to use this time around. If there's an option to add another starter to your team in-game like there was in X and Y, though, I certainly wouldn't rule out putting Primarina into my post-game team as well.
I obviously agree.

I'm going with Rowlet. Really loving the archery theme of Decidueye and its design definitely grew on me ever since it was officially revealed, plus its Z-move is pretty awesome with the bowing at the end. Such a performer!

Rowlet. I've been leaning towards him since day one. Although I really like Popplio too (he reminds me of Oshawott, which I picked as my Unova starter)

I definitely intend to pick Popplio if we get sequel games though.

I like Litten and Incineroar (although Torracat is probably my least favourite of the nine starter Pokemon, it's like "Litten with extra doodads stuck on".

I'm breaking them up into different games.

Moon (primary): Litten
Sun: Popplio

I may also end up with a third version around the holidays, as I think my aunt will get me one of them for Christmas (she did ask for suggestions a while ago and I brought it up as one of them, since it would be easy for her to find, especially since she's not internet shopping savvy, plus there's a GameStop somewhat near her as well). And if that does happen, regardless of version, it'll have Rowlet. That way I can effectively play all three individually to see their pros and cons of all three Starters. But for the versions I currently have locked-in, it will be Litten in Moon and Popplio in Sun. And I can do any breeding between myself in order to get all the data for the Starters and version exclusives no problem. So that takes care of that.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom