• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Still waiting in your country?

leaf-green

Reaction score
[Edit1] here's a site I found to help you track the countries with releases and apparently also emails you when it's released in yours
Is Pokémon GO available in your country? - Releases.com

If it's still not released in your country don't worry, your patience will pay off. As we've seen this week they are still working on a completely worldwide release.
We're almost there Asia and Africa! Fingers crossed!

I'm sure there are many, like myself, who are still anxiously awaiting an official release in their countries. Let this be a place to air our frustrations at being left in the dark and commend each other for not downloading the apk's and adding to the issues preventing us from getting the game.

So how do you feel about this launch and the communication from Niantic? Are you satisfied with waiting while others have been enjoying the game for almost a month now ? Asia and Africa we're next (hopefully)! Hang in there!

[Edit2]
Confirmed Country List:

Australia
New Zealand
USA
Germany
UK
Italy
Spain
Portugal
+Most of Europe (Too many countries for me to remember T~T)
Canada
Japan
France
Hong-Kong
Central and South America (yay for you guys in Brazil!)
Several countries across Asia and Oceania (mainly island countries from what I've seen)
+6more countries in Europe
+31 countries in Africa
+8 more countries in the Middle East

Last edited:
There are news reports about the huge popularity of Pokemon Go, but the game isn't out in my country yet. I'm still waiting for a release. I'm pretty jealous, but I'm not that disappointed.

May I ask if there's a list of countries where Pokemon Go is currently available? I really want to know.. Maybe someone could compile it in a thread and add it in the first post?

I think it's currently available in AU, NZ, and US.. I've heard it was available in Japan, and it was gone.. I'm still waiting for it to be released here in Philippines :sick:

Apparently some people have been able to play it here in Malaysia (mostly iPhone users). No news in Play Store yet though. AUGH I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NAO

Some of my friends here in Brazil were able to download the game, but only managed to get the starters, except for one of them who also got a Rattata and a Pidgey. He was bragging about it yesterday. :LOL: But now the game's been blocked, so we gotta wait...

So like nearly everyone has Pokemon Go in Canada despite not being officially released but....there's been reports of third parties bundling malware with it so I'm willing to wait for the official release (even though I lose out on summer gaming).

Not released here either. Not too bad, though, if anything the fact that the entire world didn't get it at once should mean it'll stay popular longer.

And if it wants to be popular with a lot more people, like me and my friends, they would make Pokémon GO compatible with Windows phones! Sorry for being off-topic!

They're mostly done with Europe it seems. I'm guessing France and Canada might be next then Asia. That's usually how it goes so South America and Africa are likely to be last buuuuttt who knows... they might surprise us

The most strangest country among all places would be Indonesia.

It wasn't released "officially" here yet but the animosity were upscaled into a giant phenomena where everyone installs and the server actually works very well! Right now I heard a news stating the you're cannot play GO while on work considering it got out of hand when they slacking their duties only to obtain rare Pokemon.

I couldn't tell where they got to install since it's illegal and I prefer not to follow their actions until official app arrives here to me.

In Korea, there are certain places where Pokemon Go works because some locations aren't recognized as part of the national territory or something. Since it's summer break/vacation season, a lot of people have been visiting those places trying to experience the game. I haven't been able to do so (and I really can't afford to take time off for a trip for the time being), but I'm waiting for an official release. Hopefully, it doesn't take too long.

I am from Sri Lanka, we were able to play till today, but it wasn't officially launched in playstore, downloading the apk and installing it worked for everyone, it was huge, people gathering at parks and plugin in lure models etc etc, until today, the moment it was released in Japan I think we were blocked out., the game loads but nothing apears on map, all progress there but no pokestops, gyms nor pokemon to catch. Hopefully they will make it available for all the countries.

On launch day, many people had already downloaded the APK here in Brazil, well, I did not. Now that they blocked the servers here we are all waiting.
The largest news in the country already talked about it, the pokemon fans are mad of anxiety, and people who do not like are afraid of where the society will go with "this game".
We're still waiting. Many false news have given false hopes for us ...

On launch day, many people had already downloaded the APK here in Brazil, well, I did not. Now that they blocked the servers here we are all waiting.
The largest news in the country already talked about it, the pokemon fans are mad of anxiety, and people who do not like are afraid of where the society will go with "this game".
We're still waiting. Many false news have given false hopes for us ...

Yeah, the people here are REALLY anxious. I even found this on facebook today:

13775398_1231773046834383_287877108774220979_n.jpg

(For those who can't read portuguese, it says "This item will never be available in your country.")

And this too:

13782191_1231772283501126_7794016755544368842_n.jpg

"There are more people waiting for Pokémon Go than people waiting for the olympic games. Which makes sense, Pokémon Go didn't waste my money."

Meanwhile, I don't even have a phone yet, so even if the game was released right now I wouldn't be able to play it. :(

Hey Bird Mom, i'm so happy for finding someone who gets what i'm going through now, even that you don't have a phone yet (and that's really sad :cry:). It's the fourth morning i've waking up at 4:30am to see if the game was or not released; i can't sleep so well because everything i'm able to think right now is PkmnGO! I can't stop dreaming about it, me and my friends of course, we already have a group on Wpp just for people from my town from the Mystic Team.
Well unless we have Steven Universe Summer Adventures releasing (also a fan)...
Good luck for us and for the other countries without PkmnGO!
Argentina, Chile, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thialand, Turkey and so on... good luck :D!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom