• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest thing you have done in a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not knowing that Trapinch evolves because there was a pokemon book that said it didn't for some reason. Also never knew that Rayquaza existed in Ruby until brother found out.

Deleting my first game file on my first Pokemon game.
Rage resetting my first Animal Crossing game because Goldie left.
Donating my first dog who I adored in Nintendogs (which was my joint first video game with Spyro Season of Ice) for some stupid reason, I think because the dog bit me and it had never done that before and I thought getting a replica of her would mean she wouldn't bite me again?

Ugh, child me was such an idiot.

When it came to Kaepora: Selecting "Yes" when he asks if I want him to repeat his long spiel, or "No" if I understood what he was babbling about. Which seem to be set on the default "repeat" option.

Sprinting too much in MGS5

Driving too fast in GTA4

Accidental time travel in Animal Crossing- New Leaf. So, now two of the koalas moved out recently. Clay (whom I dislike) is still there.

Accidentally selling a black dye to the merch for 1g (or whatever miniscule amount the merch buys dyes for) in GuildWars. fml (I think I actually did this twice now that I think about it... I need to start sandwiching my keep items between unsellable stuff when clearing inventory ^=__=^;; )

Another GuildWars thing: my entire party (of AI heroes) died right before the forest in FoW. I decided I should just solo the forest. It actually worked! ... juuuuuuuust... literally took about five hours. ^=__=^;; good thing I was by myself. ^^;;

Oh, a very stupid thing I did when I was playing Resident Evil 2 on a dark stormy night when I was 12. So there's this one hallway where the zombies' arms burst through the windows and grab you. I did not know this. What made it worse was that on the first trip down the hallway they didn't grab me so I get to the room at the end of the hallway and figure the way back to where I came would be clear. So I start heading back down the hallway, the zombies grab me through the window, I flip the fuck out, kill them all (or make them let me go, I don't remember), and literally as soon as I was safe from them I smacked the power button off.

Without saving. ^=__=^;;

Another stupid thing I did (on purpose mind you) was in RE4. I was watching my now-ex boyfriend play it, and he had just saved right before this. This is the part where Ashley is like stapled to the wall with these giant iron bars and you're up high and have to snipe the cultists heading towards her. I was like I WANNA SHOOT ASHLEY PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. Since he'd just saved he sighed and handed me the controller. I squee'd and shot her in the face. GAME OVER. :D

Fallout 3, my first experience with the Fallout series. I found a Fat Man for the first time, and I like to test weapons before I use them. In this case, I was wondering how big the explosion was. Saved my game (luckily) because I didn't want to lose the ammo, and fired at the ground a little away from me. The explosion was much larger than I had anticipated.

On the bright side, I found out that the physics engine was working fine.

Crossing the street without pressing the 'walk button' in yokai watch.

Not buying more animal medicine. One of the chickens got sick when I was unable to buy some, and passed away.

I usually play a game at the default level and bump up the difficulty if it's too easy, but I'll lower the difficulty level if it proves to be too much. However, whenever I play a game on Easy mode and still lose, that shows how bad I am at a certain game (Mario Kart 8). In my defense, a lot of people had the same problems that I had and it's just something we never got used to.

As for dumb mistakes, there's too many to mention but the funniest ones that stick in my mind are the ones from Smash Bros. I'll use Charizard's Flare Blitz by accident and fall off the stage or Bowser's body slam on a flimsy platform. When I'm concentrating at what's going on, I'll sometimes make the dumbest mistakes imaginable.

In Terranigma, voting for Louie instead of Jean in Loire (pseudo-France).

In case you don't know why it's a bad idea to do this, Terranigma has an interesting major sidequest in developing the cities in the game world. At one point in the game, you can vote for either Jean the hardworking guy who have big plans to develop the town, or Louie who treasures peace more. I thought that you can develop the towns in different ways if you choose either, but nope, this game will punish you for choosing Louie because Loire cannot develop further if he's chosen. Even worse: other places require Loire's advancement in order to progress further, so Louie's conservative ways basically made the side-quest impossible to complete. Clearly there's some message here.

Thanks from reading.

I usually play a game at the default level and bump up the difficulty if it's too easy, but I'll lower the difficulty level if it proves to be too much. However, whenever I play a game on Easy mode and still lose, that shows how bad I am at a certain game (Mario Kart 8). In my defense, a lot of people had the same problems that I had and it's just something we never got used to.

50cc? Difficult? Seriously?!

Okay kids sit down and let me tell you a story.

I was playing Xenoblade X and I was flying around and instaling Data Probes. My sister, aka Greece, was watching me play. I saw this large floating building next to a probe site. Greece told me fly over to the building. I say no. She says to do it. I cave. Fly over to the building. and notice that there's a tyrant next to the building. I get close to the building, and IT MOVES. The building is the tyrant. Naturally it OHKO's me and I mess up the soul voice when my Skell is destroyed. And it was my last lot of insurance too.

Back when Gold and Silver were the Newest installments in the series, I still remember using my Master Ball on a Sunkern. Back then, I had no idea how crucial it is to have a Master Ball in order to catch a Legendary Pokemon. I also remember thinking, "Huh, maybe I can buy more."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom