• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest thing you have done in a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: It wasn't until I was searching for the third dungeon when I found out you could use the wind sail to move across the sea faster. Traveling from island to island took way too long. XD

Speaking of this game, when I was playing the HD version of this game, while I knew about the Swift Sail beforehand, I did not know until one point in the game that you need to shoot a frog in the sky with your arrow to gain the ability to teleport on select locations on the map. This would have saved some time for me, especially the sidequest with the withering trees. It should be noted that the main quest cannot move on if you don't do this, because a major item(s) can only be accessed through this method of teleportation.

Thanks for reading.

Forgetting to save prior to a boss fight or important event.

This applies to multiple games, most recent case being in Devil Survivor 2. Had to do the first day of the Triangulum arc (playing Record Breaker remake) over again.

The other day I made a big one in Majora's Mask 3D. I've owned this game since release day and I still have not completed the Anju & Kafei Get Together Again!! side quest. For the longest time I had no idea what I was doing wrong. Then, on my latest run through the 3-day cycle, I went to Sakon's hide-out in Ikana Canyon for no reason at all.

Then I noticed...
Kafei hiding behind a rock, behind me and slightly to the left, the whole time.

latest

ssbb___sheik_facepalm_by_rayizard.jpg

0405104037.jpg

In Final Fantasy Explorer's I geared up to do an ultimate attack against Amaterasu and shot right past her and viciously attacked the air. -_-

That air totally had it coming, mate

I remember that family who names their big fat big after you in the Wind Waker. I thought to teach them a lesson I would give the pig a good beating. Suddenly the pig attacked me. I now got really angry with him and started hitting him again. He attacked me again and to my horror a big game over message filled my screen...

There was another time in SSB4 where I walked up and tried to grab an Ike charging his B.

Last edited:
Not specific to any one game, but jumping off the map/stage/arena and falling to my death, just to see if it's possible.

When I reached the final rank in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, I chose the perk to give each Bro. a second extra slot for gear. Only to realize that I'd sold all the gear that they could equip just to get the ? Cards for amiibo. ><

In FE Fates I was trying to get Azura to rank up with her son. After like 4 challenge maps they hadn't ranked up once. I was so angry I started yelling at my 3DS. I tried another map and like mid fighting realized I had her paired with someone else's kid. -_-

Impatience usually leads me to wasting resources in some games, which I end up needing later. Then I end up needing to wait even longer all because I was impatient.

Legend of Zelda games- I will fall off all ledges.

This was when I first started playing Destiny. I'm much better now.

Luckily I survived thanks to the Titan having the best Lift ability of all three character classes.

When I played Skyrim for the first time, and expected my inventory to act like my Morrowind inventory: specifically the part where if you empty out your inventory in Morrowind it all lands in a nice neat little pile by your feet, barring any hungry carpets that might eat some of your loot forever.

Soooooooooooo... even though I realised that overburdened in Skyrim didn't mean I couldn't move at all (unlike Morrowind) I still wanted to move a little faster when looting all the enemies I'd just killed, so I go to empty my inventory.

Which proceeds to respond as if I'd pulled the pin on a grenade and then stuffed it into my pockets. My loot exploded EVERYWHERE. And I was on top of a mountain. Soooo I ended up chasing rolling cheesewheels down the side of the mountain, going COME BAAAAAACK LOOOOOOT. And inevitably fell off the mountain to my death. Who knew Bubsy the Bobcat was right about the Cheesewheels of Doom all along.

The amount of time that I've died or almost died by falling in frontier Village in Xenobade Chonicles is crazy.

3 years ago on a Minecraft server I always play on, I enchanted/repaired my diamond armor and gear at the server's Enderman farm in the End, and then I went to jump into the void without taking the stuff off.

In Paper Mario I used a Fire Flower against Lava Piranha.

In the second game, I agreed to become the Shadow Queen's servant. *facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom