• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Yep, makes me kind of nostalgic for when we got the blurred out covers of Sun/Moon box art. And everyone was trying to make art that fit the vague outlines we got. I can't remember if anyone got close.
I will never in my life forget everyone waiting for the info to drop, just for it to be blurred out covers! And then the next month was just the clear covers with nothing else right? Lmaoooo

CoroCoro is still around. It just kinda stopped being relevant for the new generation news cycle since Gen 7 ended. Generally the news in the magazine has already been revealed by TPCI by the time it leaks. I can't remember the last time we had a new Pokemon, feature, or character revealed in CoroCoro that we didn't see revealed in a trailer.

We have to rely on Pokemon Presents for new info on SV now, it's not like we're getting the same news cycle, especially corocoro news anymore.

Still sucks not having CoroCoro as part of the news cycle anymore. Aside from having to rely on TPC trailers for news, I'm sure that's one of the reasons we don't get fake image leaks much anymore. Granted, fake CoroCoros, as creative as they were, were pretty boring anyway. Really easy to debunk.
Sure, but I always appreciated them for what they were. I miss the days of silhouettes.

It's not random though.There's still like a lose schedule that they follow where they drip feed things during certain months.

For gen 8 wasn't the next trailer after the February reveal released in June? I think we had about one trailer per month pretty consistently after that.

For gen 8 wasn't the next trailer after the February reveal released in June? I think we had about one trailer per month pretty consistently after that.
Yep.

Someone on r/pokeleaks detailed the timeline of the last two generations. According to them, March and April are a dead zone, and the earliest we can expect anything is May. It isn't until June where things get consistent with one or two updates a month.

Yep.

Someone on r/pokeleaks detailed the timeline of the last two generations. According to them, March and April are a dead zone, and the earliest we can expect anything is May. It isn't until June where things get consistent with one or two updates a month.

Although, one thing that's interesting to me. When they first revealed the gen 8 games, we got the name of the region along with the map revealed to us.

So I wonder if maybe they might intend to reveal that at some point between now and June.

Although, one thing that's interesting to me. When they first revealed the gen 8 games, we got the name of the region along with the map revealed to us.

So I wonder if maybe they might intend to reveal that at some point between now and June.
That would make sense as a mid-April reveal to me.

Considering what happened last couple times, the English social media accounts need to do their annual travel countdowns which probably won't start until April sometime.

Yep.

Yeah, March and April are typically dead, yes. Sun and Moon had news in May, though Sword and Shield didn't get any until June. I kinda hope that we start getting news in May this time around because I'm just really curious to see how things will work now that we're getting an open-world Pokemon game. I also really hope they just drop some info in the E3 Nintendo Direct. They did for Sword and Shield, so I just really hope they do this time.

Yeah, March and April are typically dead, yes. Sun and Moon had news in May, though Sword and Shield didn't get any until June. I kinda hope that we start getting news in May this time around because I'm just really curious to see how things will work now that we're getting an open-world Pokemon game. I also really hope they just drop some info in the E3 Nintendo Direct. They did for Sword and Shield, so I just really hope they do this time.
Feels like a no-brainer they'll drop some stuff at E3.

Back
Top Bottom