• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Now I'm just picturing a tiny pokemon like togepi wielding a massive hammer twice its size
1657821363485.png

What I thought of immediately.

Wait, so the new burst mechanic is just adding STAB? That's... less exciting than anyone would have guessed. I would have rather had that fake leak detailing the type-change thing with counter-type stuff; at least then there would be a higher chance that the new gimmick would give an implication about how Pokémon types work in-universe like how Mega Evolution led to the name drop of Infinity Energy in relation to what makes Pokémon evolve (remember that Mega Evolution is an extension of regular evolution). Instead, this seems like an excuse to just have something for the sake of it. Maybe it'd better if the new burst mechanic also gave the Pokémon some of that type's other properties like being immune to certain status effects, the Grass-type's immunity to powder-based moves, Flying-type's levitation thing protecting the Pokémon from most entry-hazards, and Ghost-type's ability to freely switch out regardless of the opponent's ability and/or moves. However, I'm not holding my breath for something like that to happen.

So, if Ancient Forms are confirmed, then that means that RFakes are much more likely to be the artificial "future" forms. I guess all those leaks that predicted past and future forms for Scarlet and Violet accidently got something partially right (even if those forms aren't the main big battle mechanic). Heck, maybe if we take those three things combined (Ancient Forms, RFakes, and the new burst mechanic), we'll still get to learn something about how types work after all. I just want something that has implications for the whole Pokémon world rather than "this phenomenon happens in the region solely from this Legendary Pokémon's power" for a change, okay? It seems like Game Freak has been keeping each region largely separate from one another ever since Dexit happened, and having concepts that tie into how different aspects of Pokémon work is a great way to do so even if the specific concepts that allowed such information to be revealed don't end up appearing again.

As for the gym leaders not level scaling, I can think of a few ways to interpret this:
  1. It's like Kanto where you can technically challenge gyms in a different order (provided you can get passed the road blocks) but they have a set level regardless of how many badges you have. This would be the laziest way to do things to the point where I'd question why they made the games open world in the first place.
  2. Groups of gym leaders are split into being around the same levels, which technically gives you more variety without Game Freak clearly encouraging players to go in a set order despite being able to challenge the gyms in any order. This seems to be an acceptable middle ground between those who want to be able to properly choose your own path and those who like guided structures for a sense of progression and aren't necessarily a fan of open world games since they feel that format lacks said feeling of progression.
  3. The lack of level scaling only refers to your highest leveled Pokémon; it's actually based on the range of badges you have. They might not necessarily have 8 different teams, but each gym leader would at least have multiple teams at the very least. However, it would be best if the gym leaders did have eight different teams; they'd probably always have the same ace evolutionary line though regardless of said ace's general power level for the sake of marketability.
  4. Depending on if the "have to beat the gyms twice" rumor turns out to be true, we might be forced to do the gyms in a certain order the first time around and the whole "do the gyms in any order" only applies after you beat all the gyms the first time around. Given how the gyms were advertised, this makes the marketing a little misleading and might only have been done because Game Freak couldn't figure out how/didn't the have the time to give each Gym Leader eight different rosters. While this approach would be better than nothing, it makes Game Freak come across as more incompetent and looks like bad PR for the Pokémon Company's marketing team.

I really hope it's the third option, but I wouldn't be opposed to the second option for the sake of more accessibility without completely undermining the people who don't want to be pushed to do a specific order of gyms.

As for Regional Fakes, maybe people from the Region call a species the same name as a previously existing species, even though the RF and the Pokémon whose name was given to it are NOT the same species. If the OG is allowed to be transferred, they may have the same Dex Number because, for the Region, they're the "same" species, even though it's not the case. As I've already said, if the OG is allowed to be transferred, maybe the RF will be unable to breed, or just be from a different Egg Group (meaning that the OG and the RF can't breed together).
I actually said something about that a few pages ago by relating it to the concept of convergent evolution (an irl phenomenon where different species of developing similar characteristics despite coming from different ancestral lineage). I also took the concept literally in regards to Pokémon evolution with brand new Pokémon evolving into the RFake version of that Pokémon. I like the tidbit about belonging to a different egg group you added onto it.

Sadly, with the whole Ancient Form thing being confirmed, I fear as though RFakes are just going to be the synthetic/robotic Pokémon forms people have been speculating it would be.

On resetera, this was posted:

There are classes and exams and interviews in the game

To me, it’d make sense that the school system is sort of separate from the gym challenge given that I think the leaker would’ve mentioned it already about the gym leaders if they’re more connected. I’d personally like it because it adds more stuff to do in the game.
Ideally, this portion of the game should be used to teach the target audience about different held items, berries, and various other mechanics of the game since Game Freak seems to be pushing the competitive aspect of the games as of late. If it doesn't, that would be such a missed opportunity to help newbies catch up to long time players.

I meant that you're convinced that you understand it, but do you really if it's coming from a mixed bag of broken communication and fakes being thrown in?
Actually I do, because the mix is not the same source randomly mixing true and false info, but a third person who has been mixing two sources. Once you eliminate the fake source, everything is fine. And if someone has still doubts if "today's" leaker might be an imposter spreading fakes, Khu again confirmed their legitimacy by confirming the hammer.

Additionnally, broken communication is not exclusive to Kaka. After all, we have been dealing with Khu whose riddle for the gimmick was "3 types" (while a third type is very unlikely), who listed 3 new concepts and then made fun of Centro claiming he never said there was 3 mechanics, or who has sometimes hard-to-understand english or sentences (what's "official teased memes"?!).
He is literally the last person who can give lectures on broken communication.

The lack of new fossil Pokémon in SV further makes my long-wanted wish (like… since Gen 7, with that guy with that random prehistoric park thing that never became anything) for “ancient/correct” forms of old fossil Pokémon even more likely I think.

Actually I do, because the mix is not the same source randomly mixing true and false info, but a third person who has been mixing two sources. Once you eliminate the fake source, everything is fine. And if someone has still doubts if "today's" leaker might be an imposter spreading fakes, Khu again confirmed their legitimacy by confirming the hammer.

Additionnally, broken communication is not exclusive to Kaka. After all, we have been dealing with Khu whose riddle for the gimmick was "3 types" (while a third type is very unlikely), who listed 3 new concepts and then made fun of Centro claiming he never said there was 3 mechanics, or who has sometimes hard-to-understand english or sentences (what's "official teased memes"?!).
He is literally the last person who can give lectures on broken communication.
Not even going to get into this anymore.

Wait, so the new burst mechanic is just adding STAB? That's... less exciting than anyone would have guessed. I would have rather had that fake leak detailing the type-change thing with counter-type stuff; at least then there would be a higher chance that the new gimmick would give an implication about how Pokémon types work in-universe like how Mega Evolution led to the name drop of Infinity Energy in relation to what makes Pokémon evolve (remember that Mega Evolution is an extension of regular evolution). Instead, this seems like an excuse to just have something for the sake of it. Maybe it'd better if the new burst mechanic also gave the Pokémon some of that type's other properties like being immune to certain status effects, the Grass-type's immunity to powder-based moves, Flying-type's levitation thing protecting the Pokémon from most entry-hazards, and Ghost-type's ability to freely switch out regardless of the opponent's ability and/or moves. However, I'm not holding my breath for something like that to happen.
Yeah, I don't know. That's the problem with this broken game of telephone, it's not really clear at all what's going on with it. It seems to be adding a type without actually adding a type? Honestly would have been better if we had just waited for a trailer because Kaka's explanations are more confusing than they are interesting.

Whatever the execution (badge scaling or not), the fact that gyms can be challenged in any order is a revolutionary bit of information that, to me, makes all the confusing mistranslations and fakes worth it.

Challenging gyms. In any order. YES!

That and I love the drama of the blurry Pokémon pics. It gives an idea of their designs without telling anything close to the full story- much like Corocoro silhouettes did back in the day. I love it.

Not even going to get into this anymore.
As you want, but I am. It's not fair to make this leak look confusing when it's not (not saying everything is clear as crystal and resolved yet though), like saying "it's like adding a type without adding a type"... It's STAB, end. The interpretation of the current leak I mean. Maybe we will learn more after.

Honestly would have been better if we had just waited for a trailer because Kaka's explanations are more confusing than they are interesting.
Yeah because Khu's riddles have been so much clearer. Gosh, such bad faith is revolting.

What type do you define as hardest?

Ice/Ghost/Psychic first, then Water and Electric, before we are getting Bug and Grass.
Pretty much that order yeah, probably also going to do Normal pretty early because Norman has taught me that normal type gyms can get surprisingly hard at higher levels.
Psychic > Ghost > Normal > Ice > Electric > Water > Grass > Bug with a few switching depending on the specific teams.

Pretty much that order yeah, probably also going to do Normal pretty early because Norman has taught me that normal type gyms can get surprisingly hard at higher levels.
Psychic > Ghost > Normal > Ice > Electric > Water > Grass > Bug with a few switching depending on the specific teams.

I personally don't see Ghost as that hard.

So i would go

Psychic > Electric (Only weak to Ground, so its pretty hard regardless, especially if you don't have a Grass type on the team) > Normal > Ghost > Ice > Water > Grass > Bug.

My reasoning being is that the majority of Psychic types are fast, while the Ghost types are a mixed bag and a lot of Pokemon can learn a Dark type move by that point as well.

Electric is either really easy or really hard, depending on your team build (If you plan for a Ground type, you can do Electric as the last one bascially).

Did Kaka mentioned anything regarding to this "New Concept" gimmick?
Depends on what you mean about "new concept".

In summary:
The main gimmick adds STAB of a selected type. Even if the Pokemon is not of this type. Kaka used Pikachu as an example, you can put it a Fire STAB. It's triggered by an object given by Nemona and gives Pokemon a crystal look.
A new concept is represented by Amoongus and Jigglypuff forms, which are "like" ancient forms. Nothing more about it currently. (People suggest that means also future forms are a thing. They also speculate the leaker only saw ancient forms because ancient/future forms are version exclusive.)

Assuming they are scaled, I am so doing the hardest types first before they can get even harder, I aim for the easiest road I can make.

If I can truly challenge them in any order, then I'll probably go with an unconventional type order. That is, I'll probably tackle the Ice and Psychic gyms very early, just because they're normally types that show up near the end. (and maybe bug or grass near the end just because they're usually early gym types)

It's not really about the difficulty, just the novelty.

Also I've never had a new ice type on my team, so if I'm interested in picking one up I'll likely be in the snowy region early on....where I would assume the ice type gym will be.

Back
Top Bottom