• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Listen, guys, I have a funny feeling that Kirean is going to be an antagonist of The Indigo Disk. Just look at the ending cutscene of The Teal Mask. He's giving out a dark smile...
I think that it is the case, and he will be slowly consumed by a corrupting dark force which culminates in him using an artificial Mega Stone to Mega Evolve his Dipplin, with disastrous results.

^ i know you're joking, but there's no way mega evolution is returning this gen at all. i think it may pop up again in the future (it would be weird as fuck if the inevitable kalos remakes did not include them) but i wouldn't count on it being part of a new game... much to my chagrin.
i actually called kieran being a villain some time ago when one of the trailers... forgot which one in particular came out and there was a shot of him clenching his fists after losing. i thought that seemed a little uncharacteristic for the way official material had described him, so i kind of thought he would turn out to be antagonistic? i've been praising myself internally ever since, of course
(that aside, while i love the apple dragons, giving dipplin an evolution is a heinous idea as obvious as it is that this will be the case. i know someone already beat me to it but that renders flapple and appletun completely useless)

I gotta say I'm impressed with all this "Dokutaro" lore and how it fits into everything. Game Freak would have a great story on their hands that would connect Paldea to Kitakami flawlessly if they pull it off. My only worry is the design, it's too basic even for something that could have a form change.

Didipplin (personal nickname)...makes me conflicted. Yeah, the concept can evolve, but at the cost of making the evolution family a mess? It would have been easier to just make it a regional Applin with a new evo. I think they could see Didipplin as a paralell to Gigantamax Flapple and Appletun, but both GF and us know we are not going to see them anytime soon, so what's the point?

I gotta say I'm impressed with all this "Dokutaro" lore and how it fits into everything. Game Freak would have a great story on their hands that would connect Paldea to Kitakami flawlessly if they pull it off. My only worry is the design, it's too basic even for something that could have a form change.

Didipplin (personal nickname)...makes me conflicted. Yeah, the concept can evolve, but at the cost of making the evolution family a mess? It would have been easier to just make it a regional Applin with a new evo. I think they could see Didipplin as a paralell to Gigantamax Flapple and Appletun, but both GF and us know we are not going to see them anytime soon, so what's the point?
If Dipplin does indeed evolve, then I'm not particularly bothered with Appletun and Flapple probably not evolving and staying as they are. They're still unique enough, and kind of have their own niches (whether they're powerful or not).

Still better than some male-counterparts not evolving at all (looking at you, Combee and Salandit, even if it makes sense).

I agree on the story, though. The worldbuilding is really something this generation, even if the characters and plot are still not that special compared to other franchises.

If Dipplin does indeed evolve, then I'm not particularly bothered with Appletun and Flapple probably not evolving and staying as they are. They're still unique enough, and kind of have their own niches (whether they're powerful or not).

Still better than some male-counterparts not evolving at all (looking at you, Combee and Salandit, even if it makes sense).

I agree on the story, though. The worldbuilding is really something this generation, even if the characters and plot are still not that special compared to other franchises.
Flapple and Appletun would become totally useless if they give Dipplin an evo. No one would want to evolve their Applins into them and they will become essentially dex filler.

I do think with Drayton getting a new Pokémon or evolution in the form of Archuladon that Lacey, Amarys, and Crispin are each getting something new as well.

A poison Momotaro is a questionable choice by Game Freak, if it's real. Momotaro symbolized heroism during World War II. While times have changed, I am not sure that a peach Pokemon is worth the controversy.

The first twist was clever because Momotaro was removed altogether. Instead, Ogrepon's partner and the mask maker were the good guys. I didn't like how Ogrepon ended up being considered "cute," though. It still murdered three Pokemon, even if it was in revenge. So maybe I shouldn't be surprised if Dokutaro is real.

It's also possible that Dokutaro is just a manifestation of Kieran's negative feelings towards Ogrepon and the player. It was not actually present in the past.

Flapple and Appletun would become totally useless if they give Dipplin an evo. No one would want to evolve their Applins into them and they will become essentially dex filler.
Game Freak love dex filler, and they didn't mind not giving Slowking a Mega Evolution (it also took a year for Gallade). Anyway, the evolution might change its typing. Dipplin does look incomplete and unfitting for Kieran's final team.

I do think with Drayton getting a new Pokémon or evolution in the form of Archuladon that Lacey, Amarys, and Crispin are each getting something new as well.
There are only two unrevealed Pokemon, aside from the missing two Paradox legendaries and likely mythical. Drayton appears to be stronger than the others.

Keep in mind, only a small percentage of Pokémon is viable to begin with. Appletun and Flapple will still be the same.

If Didipplin (I'm stealing your nickname BTW) is supposed to be the counterpart to Gigantamax Flapple and Appletun, I think this leads to two possibilities regarding this potential Dipplin evo that won't make Flapple and Appetun completely useless (as least not completely obsolete):
  1. Didipplin actually evolves from all three of Applin's evolutions (Flapple, Appletun, and Dipplin), but Game Freak either forgot to enable Eviolite for Flapple and Appletun or withheld it on purpose for the sake of a surprise.
  2. Dipplin's evolution involves doing something to Flapple and Appletun in some fashion, but not the latter two directly evolving.

The first option is based on the fact that Flapple and Appletun both have the same Gigantamax appearance: if they can take on the same form despite being split evolutions, then shouldn't it follow suit that they would also be able to share an evolution with Dipplin? Not only that, but Didipplin evolving from three different Pokémon (abeit from the same evolution line) would be a lot more memorable and advertisable than just giving Dipplin a regular evolution and leaving the other two in the dust.

The second option is a bit more likely. Under this line of thinking, Dipplin would either have to beat Flapple and Appletun back-to-back (order doesn't matter) or have both of them in your party for the evolution method. The implication here is that Dipplin either takes something from both of them in order to get stronger or outright assimilates them into its being. If you thought Flapple and Appletun getting a shared form was odd, then having both of them becoming part of the same being with Dipplin (or at least a fragment of each) will take it up to eleven! Not only that, but such an evolution method for Dipplin to become Didipplin would be a great display of Kieran's desperation to beat us regardless of who or what gets hurt along the way.

^ It being a bad idea never stopped Game Freak and TPC before, as Dipplin evolving further might count as a bad idea in terms of the existence of Flapple and Appletun. I mean Dexit exists in-tandem with Pokémon Home. XD

Besides, this idea is technically GF's fault for giving Applin's initial evolutions the same Gmax form in the first place, so they clearly don't have an issue with taking away a Pokémon's uniqueness even in the same evolutionary line. I simply used what was given to speculate.

^ It being a bad idea never stopped Game Freak and TPC before, as Dipplin evolving further might count as a bad idea in terms of the existence of Flapple and Appletun. I mean Dexit exists in-tandem with Pokémon Home. XD

Besides, this idea is technically GF's fault for giving Applin's initial evolutions the same Gmax form in the first place, so they clearly don't have an issue with taking away a Pokémon's uniqueness even in the same evolutionary line. I simply used what was given to speculate.
Nothing indicates anything happening to Flapple or Appletun in any way, shape or form.

And why is an evolution for a different branch such a bad idea? Why is uniformity so important? Appletun and Flapple are still the same, no matter what happens to Dipplin.

Nothing indicates anything happening to Flapple or Appletun in any way, shape or form.

And why is an evolution for a different branch such a bad idea? Why is uniformity so important? Appletun and Flapple are still the same, no matter what happens to Dipplin.
It would leave the other two worthless as everyone will go for Dipplin.

It would leave the other two worthless as everyone will go for Dipplin.
Strength has never been the one and only indication for popularity. Appletun's and Flapple's designs are still good and unique, and nothing has changed for them and their usability.

I was more so thinking from the perspective of comparing it to how those two ended up with uniformity in terms of Gmax. If Dipplin's evo is supposed to be a replacement for it, then why do Flapple and Appletun have nothing to do with it? It not only potentially makes them obsolete in comparison, but goes against the theming we've been given prior. It's not a bad idea to have a different branch with an additional evo, but to see it come from a regular evolutionary line rather than a regional variant can be a little jarring (not to mention potentially adding to the power creep).

I'm not expecting all three Applin evos to evolve into the same 'mon anyhow, just that I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to do so given what they already did with the line. In fact, the other side of me is actually expecting Game Freak to turn the Dipplin branch of Applin into a pseudo-legendary line given Kieran's obsession with power rather than anything to do with the original branches.

I was more so thinking from the perspective of comparing it to how those two ended up with uniformity in terms of Gmax. If Dipplin's evo is supposed to be a replacement for it, then why do Flapple and Appletun have nothing to do with it? It not only potentially makes them obsolete in comparison, but goes against the theming we've been given prior. It's not a bad idea to have a different branch with an additional evo, but to see it come from a regular evolutionary line rather than a regional variant can be a little jarring (not to mention potentially adding to the power creep).

I'm not expecting all three Applin evos to evolve into the same 'mon anyhow, just that I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to do so given what they already did with the line. In fact, the other side of me is actually expecting Game Freak to turn the Dipplin branch of Applin into a pseudo-legendary line given Kieran's obsession with power rather than anything to do with the original branches.
Ehhh, Dynamax forms are just temporary forms, and they're past their expiration-date, too. They're not a very good indicator.

Anyway, we'll see, I guess.

A poison Momotaro is a questionable choice by Game Freak, if it's real. Momotaro symbolized heroism during World War II. While times have changed, I am not sure that a peach Pokemon is worth the controversy.

The first twist was clever because Momotaro was removed altogether. Instead, Ogrepon's partner and the mask maker were the good guys. I didn't like how Ogrepon ended up being considered "cute," though. It still murdered three Pokemon, even if it was in revenge. So maybe I shouldn't be surprised if Dokutaro is real.

It's also possible that Dokutaro is just a manifestation of Kieran's negative feelings towards Ogrepon and the player. It was not actually present in the past.

Game Freak love dex filler, and they didn't mind not giving Slowking a Mega Evolution (it also took a year for Gallade). Anyway, the evolution might change its typing. Dipplin does look incomplete and unfitting for Kieran's final team.

There are only two unrevealed Pokemon, aside from the missing two Paradox legendaries and likely mythical. Drayton appears to be stronger than the others.
There's nothing questionable about GF's choice how to depict a Peach-like enemy.

War-propaganda using old tales to boost morale and to depict the enemy as 'evil Oni' has no ties to Pokémon whatsoever. Nor to heroism. Inverse takes on classical tales aren't disrespectful, either. I trust GF to handle Japanese lore correctly.

Back
Top Bottom