• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Suggestions for Unova Classic (Triples)

Reaction score
Going with a Trick Room team (obv) and I'm satisfied with most of the members, though I feel like I could use more offense and coverage. I've been testing teams out on the Battle Maison to get a feel of how they play and get used to the team.
----------------
bronzong.gif

Bronzong
Chesto Berry
252 HP/60 Defense/198 Sp. Defense
Sassy
Levitate
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Safeguard
Protect/Explosion

Usual TR lead, on the side. Safeguard in case of Dark Void and Gyro Ball for some damage. I have Protect for now but am considering switching it out for Explosion once Bronzong is low so I can get a free switch in.
hitmontop-2.gif

Hitmontop
Eject Button
252 HP/252 Attack/6 Defense
Adamant
Intimidate
Fake Out
Close Clombat
Wide Guard
Feint

Center lead to have Intimidate hits all of the opponent's Pokemon. Fake Out is usually used towards Bronzong's side to make sure TR gets set up and Eject Button nets you another use of Intimidate/Fake Out. Close Combat provides decent damage and Wide Guard is good for defense and in case I use Explosion. Been testing out Feint but I'm not sure how viable it is, Sucker Punch would be nice but it's an HGSS tutor move.

honchkrow.gif

Honchkrow
Lum Berry
252 HP/252 Attack/6 Sp. Defense
Adamant
Moxie
Protect
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Superpower

Main sweeper, usually leads on the side. STAB Sucker Punch and Brave Bird are nice to have and Brave Bird can hit across the field to get targets for Moxie. Superpower to round out the coverage and Lum Berry to get rid of status if Safeguard isn't up.

chansey.gif

Chansey
Eviolite
252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp. Defense
Bold
Natural Cure
Heal Pulse
Soft-boiled
Protect
Seismic Toss

Nice tank but its main purpose is keeping Honchkrow alive with Heal Pulse. Seismic Toss gives consistent damage and Soft-boiled/Protect gives it some longevity. I also learned that Heal Pulse doesn't work when Protect is up >_<​

chandelure.gif

Chandelure
Focus Sash
252 HP/252 Sp. Attack/6 Sp. Defense
Quiet
Infiltrator
Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Heat Wave
Trick Room

Second TR setter and special attacker. Tried using him as a lead but he tends to go down quickly and I'm left with no special attacks. Shadow Ball and Heat Wave give good coverage as well as STAB but Will-o-Wisp is from doubles and I haven't gotten much use from it.
amoonguss-2.gif

Amoonguss
Rocky Helmet
244 HP/60 Defense/206 Sp. Defense
Sassy
Regenerator
Clear Smog
Rage Powder
Spore
Protect

Another support Pokemon. Under Trick Room this thing outspeeds most Pokemon so it can start spreading Spore around. Rage Powder can help protect my other Pokemon and gets to hit back a bit thanks to Rocky Helmet. Clear Smog to fill in the set and in case of stat boosts.​
----------------

Well, there's the team. I do think I have too many support Pokemon in there so I'm leaning towards replacing Chansey or Amoonguss. Once Honchkrow is KO'd I tend to lose a lot of momentum and I've also had trouble dealing with Ghost types (lost to a Lampent's Curse in the Maison with Hitmontop and Chansey left). Any suggestions and advice is welcome, thanks a lot!

It might be better to have a Sitrus berry on Honchkrow, and replace Chansey with another sweeper.

I'm glad your using honchkrow though... :LOL:

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom