• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Avatar Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrebird

Goddess
Reaction score
Due to new guidelines which can be accessed here - Please Read

We have implemented an avatar check thread where users who are unsure if their avatar or planned avatar is acceptable or not, can have it checked to ensure that no problems will arise in the future especially if it is deemed to be rule breaking. A staff member will look into your avatar and decide if it is acceptable or not. And if it is deemed to be okay then go nuts, if not then probably best to pick another avatar.

Is my current avatar okay? Just being cautious.

I actually don't have an avatar to check, but rather a question related to avatars. Not really about content, but rather about avatars from certain outside sites.

I'm considering using DeviantArt as a source for future avatars. For many pieces of artwork there and on similar sites, there's a statement somewhere that says whether or not they're allowed to be used elsewhere, and in cases where it is allowed, it's often requested that credit be given to the original creator. But for pieces of artwork that don't explicitly say whether or not they can be used elsewhere, would it be allowed to use them here as an avatar with credit, or would that mean that they wouldn't be allowed to be used here at all? I know that other people have used avatars from places like DeviantArt without any problems, but I want to make absolutely sure for myself, just in case.

I actually don't have an avatar to check, but rather a question related to avatars. Not really about content, but rather about avatars from certain outside sites.

I'm considering using DeviantArt as a source for future avatars. For many pieces of artwork there and on similar sites, there's a statement somewhere that says whether or not they're allowed to be used elsewhere, and in cases where it is allowed, it's often requested that credit be given to the original creator. But for pieces of artwork that don't explicitly say whether or not they can be used elsewhere, would it be allowed to use them here as an avatar with credit, or would that mean that they wouldn't be allowed to be used here at all? I know that other people have used avatars from places like DeviantArt without any problems, but I want to make absolutely sure for myself, just in case.
Generally fanart is fine as long as you give credit in your signature or profile and that person doesn't ban people from using their artwork. When in doubt, always credit. You can ask the creator directly if possible.

Would a cropped version of this picture do?

the_war_fairy_by_novum1-d6vytmq.jpg

I was looking for fairies with guns when I found that. It's better than the bikini top one I found that was actually very nice.

I had started this search with trying to find angels with guns. But I got tired of the lingerie and naked people.

I can't imagine mine is against the rules, but I want to be cautious.

Art source is my BFF, who drew it for me to use on forums.

I'm pretty sure this is ok, but I just wanted to check.
I digitally recolored a picture of Mimikyu that was on the Bulbagarden archives.

I'd rather not if I can avoid it, I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up jpeg artifacts on the original.

I'd rather not if I can avoid it, I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up jpeg artifacts on the original.

I right-clicked the image in dropbox, saved it to my own computer (which made its size 45.7kb somehow) and tried uploading it as my avatar, which worked just fine. So maybe try that :p

Also:

PNG version:

JPEG version:

I don't see the difference tbh, so if it really doesn't work somehow, trying the JPEG version is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom