1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Joshawott, Jan 1, 2014.

Voter count: 92
?

Do you think there will be remakes this year?

1. Yes, there will be a remake of Diamond/Pearl.

52.2%
  2. Yes, there will be a remake of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen.

5.4%
  3. No, we will likely have another hiatus in 2017.

42.4%
  1. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    When people say Anabel is from an another universe, on what do they base it?

2. Meta Boss

Meta Boss The True Champ!

Blog Posts:
    On evidence found in Sun and Moon.

3. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Far too mouthy for my own good.

Blog Posts:
    Well, I like the names. But, I'm a Cynthia fan, so I am a little biased :p

I want to see Z crystals show up in other regions. And the improved graphics, as well as a move to the Switch.

I also want to see Distortion World expanded. And maybe primal or mega forms of the legendaries there.

Anabel is a Faller, and some Fallers cross the timeline divide. I wouldn't really say she's truly from another universe, but that gets into the timeline vs. dimension vs. three-dimensional bubble vs. universe discussion of multiversal theory and I don't think anyone wants to hear that (but, basically, yes, someone can be from an alternate timeline version of Earth without being from an alternate dimension, three-dimensional bubble, or universe).

4. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    Where does it say she isn't familiar with Mega Evolution?

5. shemar corbin

shemar corbin Member

Blog Posts:
    That too, It would be nice to see Z-move and new exclusive Z-moves, especially primals, I would like to see Primal Dialga from PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky in action, But what wondering is how they going to do the Platinum episode with Giratina

6. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    I want to see new Mega Evolutions.

Ereshkigal likes this.
  7. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Far too mouthy for my own good.

Blog Posts:
    Simple: Cyrus needs the mega evolution energy from Origin Form Giratina to destroy Distortion World. Or, at least, thinks he does, anyway. Maybe even have him getting there through Ultra Space.

Yes! Same here!

QueenEevee likes this.
  8. shemar corbin

shemar corbin Member

Blog Posts:
    That's sound good :) Speaking of Ultra Space, I wonder if they have new Ultra beast, or that's enough ultra beast for Sun and Moon, what do you think?

Ereshkigal likes this.
  9. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    They don't introduce new Pokémon in remakes.

Tuoko, Esserise and Ereshkigal like this.
  10. shemar corbin

shemar corbin Member

Blog Posts:
  11. Esserise

Esserise 13:00

Blog Posts:
    I want the story to be reworked from the ground-up so that it's more coherent, less exaggerated, and has deeper characters.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus should get some new overpowered gimmick to play with, although I'd prefer it if it were something unique to them rather than just recycling what ORAS did with the Primals. Sinnoh needs some concepts of its own - it can't just keep nicking ideas from Hoenn. I'd also like it if Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf got new forms. As it stands, they're even more cookie-cutter than the Kami trio were, and the new forms those guys got in B2W2 worked wonders for them. At the very least, they should give them signature moves or Abilties.

On that note, I'd like it if they expanded on Regigigas's lore, because even DP didn't have a lot to say about it, and those were the games that introduced it! Now, I don't have a lot of hope here, because ORAS didn't take the opportunity to delve into it further either, but then again, RS pre-dated Regigigas, so I could see it not being "relevant" enough.

They're probably not going to, but something that was on my wishlist for ORAS (and would have been for HGSS) was a complete overhaul of the Regional Pokédex to include more Pokémon from other/later generations throughout the main game.

And of course, I'd like some variation on my idea for Totem-esque "Interdimensional Pokémon" (note: Not Ultra Beasts) that serve as a secondary set of tasks to the Badge quest.

12. EmpoleonProd

EmpoleonProd Empoleon Fanatic

Blog Posts:
    Apparently the Key items from DPPl were found from a datamine on SM, interesting, possible confirmation there? I'm not sure how legit this info is but that's what I heard. Things like the Galactic Key, Explorer Kit, etc.

13. Esserise

Blog Posts:
    They're just holdovers. The Key Items from the other generations are there as well, as they were in Gen 6's data, Gen 5's data, etc.

Ereshkigal likes this.
  14. EmpoleonProd

EmpoleonProd Empoleon Fanatic

Blog Posts:
    Gotcha, see that's why I was wondering how legitimate or relevant that information was.

15. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Blog Posts:
    Well like I said earlier, an Island Scan sort of mechanic would probably work well for that purpose, maybe if they made the Pokeradar available in the main game and you could find Pokemon outside of the Sinnoh Dex through Pokeradar that would serve as a good compromise. It's seeming like they don't want to mess with the Dex too much because of nostalgia but I doubt there'd be any complaints if they were available through a hidden mechanic. Also helps with the difficulty as well since it rewards you for going the extra mile to search for Pokemon.

Ereshkigal and Esserise like this.
  16. ThunderBoltsRed

ThunderBoltsRed New Member

Blog Posts:
    I heard dp remakes are in development with orange island as the post game... it make sense since i heard trials are returning for these remakes.

Mr. Famous likes this.
  17. Esserise

Blog Posts:
    [citation needed]

Ereshkigal and QueenEevee like this.
  18. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    Orange Islands ain't real. It's just in the anime, which isn't canon.

19. Mr. Famous

Mr. Famous Member

Blog Posts:
    Sepearate canon doesn't mean "ain't real" and we've had things from the anime before, like Ash Greninja.

20. Nitro Indigo

Nitro Indigo But surely there was a dream...

Blog Posts:
    Since someone mentioned flying on a Staraptor as a Ranger reference, how about Floatzel Paddle and Empoleon Jet?

Also, knowing Game Freak's patterns, we're probably not going to get a remake on a console backwards-compatible with the original game/s.