1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Joshawott, Jan 1, 2014.

Voter count: 92
?

Do you think there will be remakes this year?

1. Yes, there will be a remake of Diamond/Pearl.

52.2%
  2. Yes, there will be a remake of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen.

5.4%
  3. No, we will likely have another hiatus in 2017.

42.4%
  1. BubbleHearts

BubbleHearts Floating...

Blog Posts:
    The Switch says hello! :)

2. Nitro Indigo

Nitro Indigo But surely there was a dream...

Blog Posts:
    I don't think Game Freak will move onto the Switch until Gen 8.

PhilosophyPhlare likes this.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Well... after the rumours of Pokemon Stars, if Stars turns out to be true, we can have remakes after it.
    Or, we could have remakes in Gen VIII

4. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    It could suck for us with a 3DS if Sinnoh remakes happen during Gen VII but are only available on the Switch.

Meta Boss likes this.
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    Why would it suck? Gen IV remakes would be LOADS of lag on a 3DS. You'd have to buy a Switch sooner or later to play Pokemon.
    Your 3DS needs the old age home XD.

6. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    I want to wait for Gen VIII to buy a Switch. A new generation gives more reason to buy a new console than a remake.

7. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Sun and Moon aren't that laggy. Sure, there is lag, but not enough to intrude on the gameplay. They can still release a 3DS game before they make a Switch game.

8. shemar corbin

shemar corbin Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it would be better if they did Gen 4 remake for Switch instead of 3ds, because it might lags some material from 3ds, like they did sun and moon, sun and moon reached it's limit to 3ds
    That's true. they might discontinued the 3ds sooner or later, so you have to play pokemon switch exclusive, I'm happy with the game, I'm thinking of getting me one, but I'm happy with the price of Switch.
    I would wait till Gen 8 for Switch, but what happens if this "Stars" turns out to be true. I would be buy the switch for Stars (if it turn out to be true), but I probably would wait till that price go down a bit, because paying $500 for switch console and $60 for the game is very excessive, it looks like Switch a lot powerful than PS4 and Xbox One
    Sun and Moon reached it's limit to 3ds, we just don't want another XY/ORAS situation, so it would be a lot better release it on Switch, it could be in Gen 7 or Gen 8

9. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    So, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to. GF isn't there to cater the needs of each and everyone. You could buy Gen 8 games along (or after) with Gen 4 remakes on the Switch.

If you don't want to do either of these things, sorry, GF could not help you.

10. Nitro Indigo

Blog Posts:
    It sounds like you're jumping the gun here. There's no confirmation of a Pokémon game coming to Switch.

PhilosophyPhlare likes this.
  11. Eaglis

Eaglis New Member

Blog Posts:
    I really hope they do the Azure flute event. No reason now that everyone knows how to this, right?

QueenEevee likes this.
  12. Nitro Indigo

Blog Posts:
    Maybe it could be like the Delta Episode?

QueenEevee likes this.
  13. Esserise

Esserise 13:00

Blog Posts:
    If they redistribute Arceus for DP remakes, I think it is almost certainly going to be a direct download rather than something you capture in-game, as has been the case for every event Pokémon released after the first Victini event for BW, with the brief exception of the Eon Ticket in ORAS (but that was specifically meant to emulate the record mixing feature from the original games).

14. Ghostsoul

Ghostsoul Illogical but Fun

Blog Posts:
    There was at least one time where you could capture Arceus in game (kinda) which was the 'Dream World' event where you had to capture Arceus in a dream ball once you had transferred them to your game.

15. QueenEevee

QueenEevee Member

Blog Posts:
    Well, I doubt there would be Sinnoh remakes for the 3DS. Game Freak would say: why bother doing them where the original Sinnoh games are still playable on the 3DS.
    We didn't get GSC on e-Shop maybe because HGSS is playable on the 3DS.

16. Nitro Indigo

Blog Posts:
    My first post on this thread said that we wouldn't get remakes until backwards-compatibility was lost, but I won't get hyped until we get confirmation. Personally, I think Game Freak should prioritise optimising their games properly on 3DS first.

17. Esserise

Esserise 13:00

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, but that's the Dream World; that was kind of its own method. And anyway, you were still downloading an Arceus onto your game rather than an item.

Bolt the Cat likes this.
  18. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, Dream World doesn't really count as in game because it's still something that you need to download your game instead of something that's just there to begin with. The only time an event Pokemon has ever been available in game is Deoxys being catchable in the Delta Episode in ORAS. I could see them doing something similar with Arceus in DP. Really, they could do the same with all of the 4th gen event Pokemon (except Manaphy) since they all have direct ties to in game places and events, but I don't see them distributing three event Pokemon in game so they'll probably go with the Pokemon most relevant to the core storyline which is Arceus.

19. SpikOriundo

SpikOriundo Member

Blog Posts:
    I can imagine a Delta-like episode involving Giratina and the Distortion World...
    Though I also see a Delta-like episode involving Arceus...
    And it's not that hard to imagine these two ideas turning into one really cool episode BOTH Pokémon, so...
    *starts hoping for a really cool post-game on Gen IV remake, whenever that comes out*

20. shemar corbin

shemar corbin Member

Blog Posts:
    It would be awesome to have a platinum episode involving giratina and arceus :)

QueenEevee likes this.