• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or worse, in Switch graphics and engine.
We don't know how or what 'the Switch engine' is and how will it work.

I am currently playing Platinum for the first time ever, and I really am starting to wonder how will GF even remake Sinnoh in SM style graphics, and its gridless engine.
Like people are expecting Kanto to reform?

What about HD graphics, there's also a higher chance of Sinnoh remake being on Switch, If so, it'll take a lot longer for GF to develop Sinnoh remake on Switch, not to mention redesigning the whole sinnoh region in HD.
I remember telling you that GF already have HD models. They were just downscaled on the 3DS.

Good that someone brought up Honey trees because they were super annoying, especially when I wanted a Heracross. I haven't found a Heracross or Munchlax on a Honey tree to this day. :( They definitely will need to change how they work!

Making games for every new handheld is harder too, never stopped them before. 'It's harder' is not really an argument for them to not do it or for the game to come out worse somehow. More companies make games for both handhelds and consoles. When has this ever been a problem?
The Nintendo Switch is a Handheld/Console, don't you think that developing a pokemon game on switch is twice as hard ;)

That makes no sense.
Think about it, Developing a game for handheld is hard because of the graphics and developing a game for console is also hard, the difference between developing a game for handheld and a console, is it take a year or two or maybe a lot longer to develop. Since they release the Nintendo Switch, when they ever they develop a game that is a console/handheld, it the first time anyone have done this. They wanted to create a system that is powerful than Xbox one and PS4 and a successor to 3ds. GF been recently develop a pokemon game for handheld like gameboy advance, Nintendo DS Lite, Dsi, Dsi XL, 3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS XL, and New 2DS XL. They develop a pokemon spin-off on a console. Nintendo Switch are both Handheld/Console, If they're developing a game for switch, don't you think it'll take a while longer, especially they're hiring programmer for development of pokemon for switch, because it's the first time that GF would developing a game that are both handheld/console, which is twice as hard to make.

All I know is, can we get redraw character art for the mons again? 3: Maybe Kanto and Johto were done because they were outdated, but I was so disappointed only the starters got new artwork for ORAS (aside from new Megas). The Gen III artwork looked so out of place next to the megas. I wish they would do it for Gen IV.

I've just been replaying Platinum too and what I mostly wonder about is.... will we still be able to name the rival? D: Like I really missed that, it's a nice touch of personalization. I would hate it if they'll just name him Barry, to continue the trend of the games that came after it. (though if we can't change his name, but do get customization, all will be forgiven)

I hope so~ Though, I'm fine with his name being Barry, but I'd love for the option to still be there so it seems like they haven't forgotten about the fact that we used to be allowed to have some input into our rivals (and hopefully bring it back in future games since we haven't been able to do it since Gen V). T__T

All I know is, can we get redraw character art for the mons again? 3: Maybe Kanto and Johto were done because they were outdated, but I was so disappointed only the starters got new artwork for ORAS (aside from new Megas). The Gen III artwork looked so out of place next to the megas. I wish they would do it for Gen IV.

Ooh this though! I'd love to see new Pokémon art :D But as you said, with ORAS only the starters got new art so I doubt the Sinnoh mons are getting new art either :( Looking forward to see the new starter art at least!

Last edited:
dont fear the UB, will probably be in gen 6 thatnks to our ghost/psychic friend there.

Hope that gym leaders get megas and that the starters get the love they need.

Given we have the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs, it would make sense for the Creation Trio to have Primal Reversion.

I wonder if they'll still promote new megas and new exclusive z-moves in sinnoh remake?

I hope that megas come back, Z-moves still could be a thing.
All starters should get 2 megas like Charizard did, one with type change.

I hope that megas come back, Z-moves still could be a thing.
All starters should get 2 megas like Charizard did, one with type change.

I have my doubts about new Megas in hypothetical remakes, especially with Z-Moves being the current 'shiny new thing'. Worst case scenario, the Sinnoh starters will get exclusive Z-Moves, just like the Alolan starters. There's a chance that Mega Garchomp (Cynthia) and possibly Mega Gyarados (Cyrus) might appear, but even then there's no guarantee GameFreak won't just give them Z-Crystals.

Last edited:
There should definitely be some new exclusive Z-Moves and preferably, they should go to the Sinnoh starters final evolutions along with some other Pokemon, mainly from Gen 4 (just as was the case of Megas in ORAS), imo.

I also wouldn't mind some new Megas, but I won't be upset if there are none. More importantly than anything, I hope a good amount of focus is on Z-Moves.

This, of course, is all assuming the remakes would come during Gen 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom