• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "If Pokémon Were Real" Thread

If Pokemon were real, I would probably have a Skitty as a pet. And then if Pokemon gyms were real, then I would use it as a starter Pokemon.

Y'know, I've always assumed this, but would Pokemon battling be considered a sport? Would it be covered by, say, ESPN or Sky Sports?

I see many fans just give the outright dreamy answer to another question of "If you are living in the Pokemon World" instead of the original question intending by the OP.

For the original question of "If Pokemon were real", I assume it means having pokemons in our Real-Life, accounting on the Real-Life standards and our society principles, then...... It is really not much different from what we are now. In our Real-Life, animals was being part of our society evolution history, but never being the center. Why pokemon will then be?

May be pokemon will be included into our anthropogenic history, may be more pokemon were utilized as part of the labor like how we used horses and cows for transport and farming, may be more pokemon are being kept as pet, may be nowadays there are even more pokemon-related jobs. But still, I will say there still exist normal animals other than pokemons as there needs to be some form of completion of food chain for the entire biological system to functional normally. Human still lived normally and perfectly fine like how we had survived the severe environment billions years ago without any advance technology, and eventually will develop ourselves a society utilizing the resources (including pokemons) around us for survival. Human would had learn to stay away from wild pokemons which may endangering ourselves, human would learn to domesticate a few selected pokemons for general usage and pets, but the fully-evolved ones and the large ones are out of consideration as that is not only rare but difficult to domesticate. There will still be cars and other vehicles, as one can't always rely on pokemons, and generally speaking the society must account for the ones that possess no pokemons. We still have many advance electronic technology and gadgets, not only for the daily usage of ourselves, but also for making pokemon more controllable. There does exists pokemon-related jobs and jobs that utilizes pokemons, but still there exists plenty of other jobs that never ever require one to use or even see a pokemon. There may exist pokemon battle as a form of sport, but obviously it will be professionally regulated, and participate in it only if you are really interested in it, as that is being a professional sport game, not a game-center arcade game where everyone and anyone can enter. And obviously there will be law enforced upon the ones who does possess pokemons, normal laws will of course include the possibilities of usage of pokemons as well.

And for me personally, if pokemon is really real in our Real-Life, then my life will be....... nothing different. I'm not a sporty person that likes to devote into daily training, I don't even go to any fitting gyms and jogging around, why would I let my pokemon do these thing if there does exist pokemon? I'll still be a freelancer making my home an office, occasionally relax myself by looking at some cutie cat photos on the internet (if pokemon is real, then in this case it will be all the cutie pokemons), and devote my spare time on Japanese pop cultures.

I see many fans just give the outright dreamy answer to another question of "If you are living in the Pokemon World" instead of the original question intending by the OP.

For the original question of "If Pokemon were real", I assume it means having pokemons in our Real-Life, accounting on the Real-Life standards and our society principles, then...... It is really not much different from what we are now. In our Real-Life, animals was being part of our society evolution history, but never being the center. Why pokemon will then be?

May be pokemon will be included into our anthropogenic history, may be more pokemon were utilized as part of the labor like how we used horses and cows for transport and farming, may be more pokemon are being kept as pet, may be nowadays there are even more pokemon-related jobs. But still, I will say there still exist normal animals other than pokemons as there needs to be some form of completion of food chain for the entire biological system to functional normally. Human still lived normally and perfectly fine like how we had survived the severe environment billions years ago without any advance technology, and eventually will develop ourselves a society utilizing the resources (including pokemons) around us for survival. Human would had learn to stay away from wild pokemons which may endangering ourselves, human would learn to domesticate a few selected pokemons for general usage and pets, but the fully-evolved ones and the large ones are out of consideration as that is not only rare but difficult to domesticate. There will still be cars and other vehicles, as one can't always rely on pokemons, and generally speaking the society must account for the ones that possess no pokemons. We still have many advance electronic technology and gadgets, not only for the daily usage of ourselves, but also for making pokemon more controllable. There does exists pokemon-related jobs and jobs that utilizes pokemons, but still there exists plenty of other jobs that never ever require one to use or even see a pokemon. There may exist pokemon battle as a form of sport, but obviously it will be professionally regulated, and participate in it only if you are really interested in it, as that is being a professional sport game, not a game-center arcade game where everyone and anyone can enter. And obviously there will be law enforced upon the ones who does possess pokemons, normal laws will of course include the possibilities of usage of pokemons as well.

And for me personally, if pokemon is really real in our Real-Life, then my life will be....... nothing different. I'm not a sporty person that likes to devote into daily training, I don't even go to any fitting gyms and jogging around, why would I let my pokemon do these thing if there does exist pokemon? I'll still be a freelancer making my home an office, occasionally relax myself by looking at some cutie cat photos on the internet (if pokemon is real, then in this case it will be all the cutie pokemons), and devote my spare time on Japanese pop cultures.

I don't know. Realisitically, as in actual real life, if Pokemon were as real as your average cat or dog, the way I see it, you have these terrifying beings living day to day with you that have control over forces of nature like fire, ice, and electricity, and could be considered at the top of the food chain. I think human beings would be trying to survive more than making any real advancements. What really makes me think this is if Pokemon are as intelligent as humans or even more intelligent, I doubt humans will have any control over these creatures and are at their complete mercy. I don't think there existed any creature in human history that could fly and breath fire, pretty much a recipe for razing an entire village.

That's just my perspective from a hyper realistic standpoint.

I don't know. Realisitically, as in actual real life, if Pokemon were as real as your average cat or dog, the way I see it, you have these terrifying beings living day to day with you that have control over forces of nature like fire, ice, and electricity, and could be considered at the top of the food chain. I think human beings would be trying to survive more than making any real advancements. What really makes me think this is if Pokemon are as intelligent as humans or even more intelligent, I doubt humans will have any control over these creatures and are at their complete mercy. I don't think there existed any creature in human history that could fly and breath fire, pretty much a recipe for razing an entire village.

That's just my perspective from a hyper realistic standpoint.

In the ancient past and even in the nowadays present, human being was never every at the top of the food chain. In the past, the ancient primitives use knowledge and war of mass to confront even the mammoth. Even in nowadays, if without the helps of tools and knowledge, if you went into the wild jungle, one would had long been preyed by the carnivorous animals living in the area. And just a sidenote, the "carnivorous animal" need not to be larger than you, a small venomous spider is enough to send one to the other world. However, still human being is able to live finely in this world. In the ancient past where human being does not had enough power to overcome the powerful wild animals, one would just flee and stay away from them, do not disturb them for the sake of it. And if not possible to escape, then we sheltered ourselves from the danger. Nowadays, the enormous shelter that keeps us aways from natural disasters and disturbance is called "civilization", so large and powerful that the existence itself automatically drives the wilderness away. Even if not accounting the developed metropolitans, but just looking at some of the rural tribes that still exists in the current Central Africa, if not there I think there are also some in Australia, wild animals do not disturb human beings for the sake of it, and the local natives were trying to live harmoniously with the nature at there.

Why would you feel like needing to disturb the others, when that may endanger yourself, brings negative influence to survival? As you just said people will strive to survive, so no matter how severe the situation may be, human being will always thought of methods to increase the survival rate. Our Real-Life ancestors had done so for millions of years, why human beings within the "Realistic" Pokemon World cannot?

This is also my perspective from a hyper realistic standpoint. Do not underestimate the power of knowledge which is the basic element that helps the powerless human being to survive for all these billions of years.

Last edited:
Hyperrealistically, what do you think? Would you change your name to Growlithe and Meowth?

Ohh this is fairly easy, Id have my closest friends traveling with me, similar to Ash but I'd actually know the people before we start traveling.

These are all what id aim to get or do

Id have my Charmander as a starter, gotta have my Charizard
Id have a swimmer so id get a Gyarados (something big to carry me and one of my favorite water types)
Scizor as my speed ninja like teammate
as a companion pokemon to have walking besides me, id have any of these ones; Mightyena, Liepard, Persian, Manectric or Luxray
Tyrantrum cuz i love him

6th is up for grabs but id love my man Rayquaza or Groudon as my mighty legend

If Pokemon are real PETA would be a nightmare. So would bad trainers.

Ignoring that to go into my shiny safe fantasy land, I'd want to be a Pokemon breeder, or some kind of daycare worker at least. Maybe even someone who grows berries and makes special products for pokemon out of them. I'd also love to have a Charizard so I could fly around instead of driving. I'd love to have a cute little zigzagoon to find little trinkets for me, maybe I could use the 'useless' things it brings me to create mosaic art.

Ooh. And a Scolipede to ride around on. Very important.

I'd sure hope not! There are plenty of animals that aren't Pokemon yet. Also I'd miss my cat. :[

The most mundane yet the truest reason we need normal animal even there is Real Pokemon existing.

I don't like and don't want Meowth/Skitty/Glameow/Meowstic be my pet. I prefer my normal kitty be my pet, rolling and purring on my side, trouble me some time for continuously disturbing my reading time, yet I can't just dislike him when his eyes contact my eyes.

WP_0089_2.jpg

This is his favourite sleeping pose. I don't think any Pokemon can have such a funny sleeping pose like him. :love:
Besides, I don't know why, but I really don't like the idea of Pokemon trying to play cute like a real cat do.

When thinking about this subject, I prefer to look at it in a really positive way. For instance, I imagine the world would be kind of like in the games or the anime. Not only Pokémon as a loyal companions, but also the humans. Most people in the games and anime are so nice and friendly towards eachother. I guess I don't want to look at it in realistic way. Like, I don't want to think about meat or how it's really irresponsible to travel the world at the age of 10. Maybe I have too much nostalgic feelings towards Pokémon

If pokemon were real then all life is ruined because explosions would be everywhere, constant amount of water and lava and the skies would be none the safer:ROFLMAO:. I would like to have an infernape as a pet because he's tough as hell, can do mostly everything and can cook things in a instant!

I would get a ditto to pretend to be me, so I could ditch school.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom