• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Kalos Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Did we just got roasted by a monk?" Tej said as he grinned awkwardly. A second later he and his Pokemon burst into laughter and high fived each other. "Ayy where the chill at miss? We were just kidding. And by the way you must be really good at making diss tracks."

The black Unovan man then got down on one knee until he was about the same eye level as his Toxicroak. He gazed deep into the bright yellow, sinister looking eyes of his Toxicroak and patted him in the head. Those eyes had seen all the love and attention Tej had poured to his Pokemon. Those eyes had seen the ups and downs in the young rapper's life, had seen his dedication to his team, and his unwavering loyalty to all that he love.

Pac will not stand to see his beloved Trainer mocked in front of the other competitors by a one eyed lady who just judged Tej by his way of speech without seeing the real him.

The frog Pokemon croaked loudly, fixing his slitted eyes on Touko, his bulbous, red poison sac bulged as he croaked.

"Easy there Pac." Tej said, elbowing the short tempered Toxicroak playfully. "This is not a streetfight."

"We can't take her down in a fair fight. Just relax. We aint here to cause trouble." He whispered the last bit so the others will not hear it.

When they successfully cut in front of the other patrons in line, Tess made to sit down outside with Ricky. "When did you get into the battling scene."

Blake returned. "We did a trade, so I've got your Bagon!" He then stepped over to a PC.

(OOC: 100th post!)

"You traded, huh?" Mick asked. "I have never traded Pokemon myself, but it does sound interesting."

(OOC: After next week, my parents were to go on a week-long vacation with friends. It's only today that I learned I have to go as well. As far as Wi-Fi in the hotel is concerned, I'll let you guys know when I know more)

Natalie had stayed silent, mostly cause she was still trying to process what had happened when Touko had used Heart Dive Synch on her. She rubbed her forehead for a moment as she remembered the feelings and all the images that went through her head. 'Wow...that was some psychedelic stuff."

"Couple of years ago." Ricky said after thinking about it for a moment. "It was a diversion actually. Broke my arm in a Rapidash race and needed something to do while I recovered. It sort of escalated from there when I realized I liked it."

Touko turned to Natalie and gave a small smile. "Well, that is what happens when Heart Drive Synch is used on a human. We become whole and share all of our experience and lives. As a trade-off, it can only last as long as we keep physical contact with one another." Touko said, sitting next to Natalie.

"That sounds interesting," Natalie pointed out, though that made her wonder if Touko had seen her own memories as well. "I wonder if I could do it with my Pokemon," she said before turning her head to notice Luna on her own. "Hey, the girl over there!" she called out as she waved towards Luna.

Luna heard Natalie speak to her and she turned in the girl's direction.

"Oh, hello," she greeted nervously.

"I um...actually mentioned how her heart synch reminded me of mega evolution..." Luna trailed off with a slight frown, "But my name is Luna."

"It did appear that way," Luna answered, "But wouldn't there be a downside to feeling the same things as your Pokemon? Like feeling the same physical pain and ailments. Wouldn't that eventually take a toll on the body?"

"Pain transference is a unfortunate side effect of Heart Drive Synch. Training with the technique will reduce the intensity, though strong and/or knockout blows will still retain their intensity, no matter how much you train it." Touko said, then pointed her chin, the area where Apollo's Star Punch laid out Susanoo, which looked a tad swollen.

"Very rare will injuries like this will happen when you master Heart Drive Synch to an art like I have. This happened because I had underestimated Apollo's tenacity and his killer uppercut. All injuries are otherwise superficial and it's only registered by your nervous system. Thankfully, cuts will never transferred over." Touko spoke, smirking a bit when she referred to Ricky's Hitmonchan.

"As for status ailments, it will be all psychosomatic on your end of things, though you will still feel as horrid as your Pokémon." Touko said, wincing as she once had a Toxic thrown her way once as part of training.

"You'd probably feel half-dead, that's what." Rin commented with a rueful smile.

"Pretty much." Touko said ruefully, more at the peanut gallery effectively hijacking her answer.

"But yes, if you don't train to deaden the pain transference, you're going to be in a world of transferred hurt. Again, be thankful bladed attacks or piercing attacks don't transfer over." Touko continued.

"As much as I love my Pokemon, I don't want to feel their pain like that," Luna shuddered, "I can't imagine how long that took to master."

"A month or so of continuous training. Most people who try accomplish it in 3. I am a special case." Touko said with a wry grin.

"I'm not afraid of pain. If I was, I would not be here before you." She said with defiant steely look. Touko went through great hardships when she was out in the wilderness; scorching sun, pounding rain, harsh and rocky terrain, sub-zero gales in ice and snow, and trainers picking fights with Touko with reasons all over the motive spectrum. Glimpses of such trials flashed before Natalie's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom